When will it stop.

• Thread starter Ancullen
  • 68 comments
Thanks for all the replies. I took a lot of it in.

Managed to go from d d into a c c. And I reckon 1 good race I'll be at Dr b and 1-2 good races for Sr b. Clean racing permitted.

Been bashing gr4 daily race A today. Set a lap time in qualifying of 1.43.438 using the megane gr4.

But I did hit a 1.42.546 in race. Shame that doesn't count to your best lap.

But was very happy with that, not sure how the aliens do it 2 seconds faster but hats off to them.

Maybe it's the pressure of the race that makes me output a better lap.

Still had some idiots dive bombing the first corner. And the 3rd corner the long sweeping one is one where I seem to make the most time up if I hit that apex sweet.

Cheers for the posts on the thread guys.

In a race you can get more speed in draft so you can do faster laps as long as traffic dont get in the way of it.

Nice Q time BTW

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that true? I'm B/S right now and haven't been participating in the races much but I still set a qualifying time. I usually can get in the top 200 and even top 100 times for my region but it seems I get matched with DR A/A+ frequently, they are tough to beat. I have been having a tough time increasing my DR, is it because of my Q times?

Gaining DR all depends on who you are matched with in a race, but I believe the game uses SR mainly for matchmaking. If you beat players with an equal DR ranking to yourself you gain around 80 points, beat a player with a higher DR ranking than yourself you gain more, beat a player with a lower DR ranking you gain less from them, how much higher or lower than you they are will decide how many more/less points you gain from each player. @Sven Jurgens knows the exact numbers so maybe he can chime in with the full details, but that’s the basic just of it if I remember correctly. :)

What about staying in same position you start in. How's that affect DR? Im not doing too bad on DR it seems to go up even if I finish the same place I start.

I'm under 10 1st place vvvvictorwy (imagine squeeky voice lol) 8 wins 5 poles and 17 fastest laps out of 80 races. I often finish where I start, move up a few or drop back some. The back half of the weekend though inside top 4 pretty much every clean race even if I started 7th or 8th.

I think my DR still low 18144 just astonishing to see its still so much more than average. Top 6% ? Yeah got to be regionally. I bet them Euro Kats much more clean than America lol and circuit racing more popular over there...

What about staying in same position you start in. How's that affect DR? Im not doing too bad on DR it seems to go up even if I finish the same place I start.

I'm under 10 1st place vvvvictorwy (imagine squeeky voice lol) 8 wins 5 poles and 17 fastest laps out of 80 races. I often finish where I start, move up a few or drop back some. The back half of the weekend though inside top 4 pretty much every clean race even if I started 7th or 8th.

I think my DR still low 18143 just astonishing to see its still so much more than average.

The position you start means nothing, only the position you finish and the DR ranking of the people ahead of and behind you at the finish. The game expects you to beat lower ranked drivers and to lose to better ranked drivers, out performing the games expectations of you is the only way to gain any amount of DR. On my old profile I was up over 45k DR for a while and I’d lose DR points for finishing 2nd in an average race or maybe gain 30-150 points for a win unless the room was full of A/A+ Drivers which rarely happens since the region split, so I was basically stuck there hoping for better matchups to be able to gain DR.

@Pigeoms Man thats just good to know... Thanks.

I thought how I was driving got factored in. Like on the line, braking properly all that stuff, I thought this more because of the name than anything lolololl

Last edited:
@Pigeons Man thats just good to know... Thanks.

I thought how I was driving got factored in. Like on the line, braking properly all that stuff, I thought this more because of the name than anything lolololl

Glad to be of help Sir. Your driving does get takin into account for SR, Clean sectors will give and SR up, just not for DR points. :)

Is that true? I'm B/S right now and haven't been participating in the races much but I still set a qualifying time. I usually can get in the top 200 and even top 100 times for my region but it seems I get matched with DR A/A+ frequently, they are tough to beat. I have been having a tough time increasing my DR, is it because of my Q times?

Sorry, I worded that poorly. I don't believe the qually time has a bearing on matchmaking (Just my opinion). That's just down to time of day and who is online (luck). I always try to set the best possible qually I can to give me the best possible chance to beat my immediate peers.

I was trying to explain (badly) that if you can set a good qually, it will hopefully put you ahead of the other racers at your DR level. This can help beat the people closest to your ratings, hopefully without getting caught up in the T1 frenzy. If you pull a lobby of higher ranked drivers (not because of the qually time, just luck in general) then try to beat the drivers at your level and don't "over drive" trying to keep up with, and beat higher ranked players.

Of course the variables with DR, SR, time of day etc also play a part with matchmaking.

As @Voodoovaj stated, it's probably just better to take @Sven Jurgens approach and start from the back.

P.S DR:B is so hard to dig your way out of. I seesawed between DR:B and DR:A for a while before escaping to DR:A.

Sorry to ramble to make a less than helpful point in the grand scheme of things lol.

Sorry, I worded that poorly. I don't believe the qually time has a bearing on matchmaking (Just my opinion). That's just down to time of day and who is online (luck). I always try to set the best possible qually I can to give me the best possible chance to beat my immediate peers.

I was trying to explain (badly) that if you can set a good qually, it will hopefully put you ahead of the other racers at your DR level. This can help beat the people closest to your ratings, hopefully without getting caught up in the T1 frenzy. If you pull a lobby of higher ranked drivers (not because of the qually time, just luck in general) then try to beat the drivers at your level and don't "over drive" trying to keep up with, and beat higher ranked players.

Of course the variables with DR, SR, time of day etc also play a part with matchmaking.

As @Voodoovaj stated, it's probably just better to take @Sven Jurgens approach and start from the back.

P.S DR:B is so hard to dig your way out of. I seesawed between DR:B and DR:A for a while before escaping to DR:A.

Sorry to ramble to make a less than helpful point in the grand scheme of things lol.

Thank you for the clarification.

@Ancullen

I've been punted down to SR C before and yes, it is a cesspool and immensely difficult to escape from if you try to compete with the other drivers.

Here's what I have seen in my DR/SR tribulations. SR is, by FAAAR, the most important element for matchmaking. If you drop below an SR of 95, the quality of drivers begins to drop dramatically. The best strategy is to avoid competition. Focus all efforts on SR. Do whatever you need to do to have as clean a race as possible. It's unfortunate that the clean race bonus is so hard to achieve while actually racing, so swallow your pride and give everyone else a wide berth. It should only take a handful of races to get your SR up if you have clean races.

Once your SR is up to snuff, you can then work on your DR.

@fastone371

Your predicament is much more challenging because the skill level increases VASTLY as you move up the rank. My suggestion is to focus heavily on qualifying. This achieves two things. 1 - you start further up the grid thereby increasing the likelihood of finishing further up the grid, obviously. 2 - Not so obvious, by spending the time to get those lap times down, you are also increasing your skill. You are learning how to be consistent and where the fast line is. Watch the replays of others when you can.

Some nights, all I do is sit and try to get my time down to a new personal best.

Also, don't quit races. I am often forced to quit because of an important call (work). When I do, I take a huge DR and SR hit.

@Ancullen
@fastone371
Your predicament is much more challenging because the skill level increases VASTLY as you move up the rank. My suggestion is to focus heavily on qualifying. This achieves two things. 1 - you start further up the grid thereby increasing the likelihood of finishing further up the grid, obviously. 2 - Not so obvious, by spending the time to get those lap times down, you are also increasing your skill. You are learning how to be consistent and where the fast line is. Watch the replays of others when you can.

Some nights, all I do is sit and try to get my time down to a new personal best.

Also, don't quit races. I am often forced to quit because of an important call (work). When I do, I take a huge DR and SR hit.

Yeah, I have not really ran much sport mode races for at least a month, I just enter a qualifying time. Today for example I was inside the top 300 for Fuji which is getting pretty average for me so my speed isn't bad and its improving but when I race I refuse to take chances like going 2 wide thru chicanes, to me that just makes no sense at all, a person willing to do that is willing to crash you for position.
As far as the racing getting so bad when you are below SR S, I dont understand, do people just enjoy driving and running other cars off of the road?

Yeah, I have not really ran much sport mode races for at least a month, I just enter a qualifying time. Today for example I was inside the top 300 for Fuji which is getting pretty average for me so my speed isn't bad and its improving but when I race I refuse to take chances like going 2 wide thru chicanes, to me that just makes no sense at all, a person willing to do that is willing to crash you for position.
As far as the racing getting so bad when you are below SR S, I dont understand, do people just enjoy driving and running other cars off of the road?

Today I was on daily race a. Dr c 9800 something. Third place on the third lap. Fourth place had a penalty of 7 something seconds, decided to ram me on what I call the 7th turn. He gained my position and I'm sure he lost it afterwards. Meanwhile I finished last after being hit out right to the far barriers at some speed.

Yes some people play for fun. But that isn't fun but that's just barbaric. it's absolutely soul destroying after putting in some decent laps.

And the people that race as fast as they can right to the finish line on the final lap with a 5+ or more penalty. Full well knowing they are going to lose a few positions because of the penalty.. I just dont understand people's logic lol.

Sorry the point about my Dr score was I would of upgraded if it wasn't for being pushed off track and finishing last.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I was on daily race a. Dr c 9800 something. Third place on the third lap. Fourth place had a penalty of 7 something seconds, decided to ram me on what I call the 7th turn. He gained my position and I'm sure he lost it afterwards. Meanwhile I finished last after being hit out right to the far barriers at some speed.

Yes some people play for fun. But that isn't fun but that's just barbaric. it's absolutely soul destroying after putting in some decent laps.

And the people that race as fast as they can right to the finish line on the final lap with a 5+ or more penalty. Full well knowing they are going to lose a few positions because of the penalty.. I just dont understand people's logic lol.

It would be nice if PD actually looked at the report function that they offer after races and would look into people who get reported regularly. If people started getting a temporary ban for bad behavior they might start changing their driving habits. They need a penalty that has teeth, lowering someones SR obviously doesnt have enough teeth to affect someones behavior. I have had many drivers (I'm sure everyone has) who try to hit you off track for pulling beside and attempting a pass, had drivers try to rearend me after a long straight and try to knock me into the sand, and others swerve side to side blocking the entire track if you get a run on them. There are many idiots out there who just shouldn't be playing a racing game. I dont think that they fully understand that this is not Grand Theft Auto.

Yeah man that's soooo true, real life Politricks can be a huge Factor.

Senna vs Prost with FiA Pres Balestre stealing the Championship from Senna and handing it to Prost like a gift to his buddy.

This video is one of the best quality coming out of that era. Senna and Prost both incredible drivers. Can really appreciate the raw talent, developed skill and Bravado these men had. Great commentary, listening to them talk lol everybody kinda knew something was gonna happen right before history gets etched in stone.

I believe Senna got the better of Prost the pressure too high for Prost with Senna on him so close he made a mistake. However Politricks of the time from one of FiA most pathetic Presidents Balestre were not having it.

Senna got Crucified. Lol for using the escape route of all things lol

I guess we play as if Balestre is handing out penalties lmfao

Yup, this is why I do not fault Senna at all for punting Prost off exactly 1 year later to secure the championship. Prost didn't look like he was that fussed either, probably agreeing somewhere that he shouldn't have been the '89 champion!

Yup, this is why I do not fault Senna at all for punting Prost off exactly 1 year later to secure the championship. Prost didn't look like he was that fussed either, probably agreeing somewhere that he shouldn't have been the '89 champion!

He knows in his heart..

First thing Prost did after getting out his car is start walking then quickly running to pits like something was critical (getting to Balestre before the raced finished) you can see the look on his face. At first nothing but as soon as they got Senna started and he got in the race Prost thought he already did what he had to do (take Senna out) once Senna was back in he started running to Balestre... Sad situation in motorsports history although Balestre was a pretty good poop stain on F1 all round.

The question should be will it ever stop? I mean, I don't know. They will probably put out some lights and glow, instead of really giving us more lmp or endurance content. Katz has push us to the extreme. I thought we might get an IROC finally,though as always, like a vandal, we get snubbed. I am guessing there is going to be some type of Tokyo highway light up stage. Then we will have to watch some wrx chump bash into us when on any other track they would be burnt like a candle.

While we wait it feels like we are getting harpooned daily and nightly. Oh wait, never mind, there is no day night change. The only way we are getting a day night shift is if one ate poisonous mushrooms. To top it off the lobbies are always dead when I play. I know I shouldn't but I am hoping for two more tracks, anything less at best is a felony. As always with Gt it is love it or leave it. I have thought for a while there could be a better to gain way more credits from all types of races,the grind is getting old. Unfortunately if they don't hit the bulls eye this kid won't play. To bad that if there is a problem they never solve it. Either way, whether we get what we want, I will give it a look, but my day will not revolve around it.

Last edited:
Do you think that there would be any interest in a name and shame group. Purely for recognising said drivers and to be humourous.

Let me know if there is already a thread like this.

Do you think that there would be any interest in a name and shame group. Purely for recognising said drivers and to be humourous.

Let me know if there is already a thread like this.
No. We do not permit this kind of thing here.

It would be nice if PD actually looked at the report function that they offer after races and would look into people who get reported regularly. If people started getting a temporary ban for bad behavior they might start changing their driving habits. They need a penalty that has teeth, lowering someones SR obviously doesnt have enough teeth to affect someones behavior. I have had many drivers (I'm sure everyone has) who try to hit you off track for pulling beside and attempting a pass, had drivers try to rearend me after a long straight and try to knock me into the sand, and others swerve side to side blocking the entire track if you get a run on them. There are many idiots out there who just shouldn't be playing a racing game. I dont think that they fully understand that this is not Grand Theft Auto.
Agree, and that temporary ban should not be just a period in which one can not participate in online races.
They should implement a system where the offender gets a ban of x-days.
The remaining number of X days to serve the penalty should not drop automatically each day, no, instead, X should only decrease by 1 after a day in which a daily practice reward was received and at least one clean race bonus in a professional league race is achieved. This way it's not just sitting out the punishment but the offender is forced to learn to drive clean! :cheers:

You have to remember that, as you move down the SR ranks, the people are less skilled and less serious. Unless someone just got the game or never play sport mode, they are prone to getting into issues with other drivers. This might be intentionally dirty or a lack of ability.

Given that penalties can often be unjust, I don't have an issue with the way the system works now. Actual "dirty" drivers get their penalties and get pushed down the ranks. Sure, there might be that one incident that upsets you, but hey, welcome to sports of all kind. If you've ever played a sport with officiating, then you've certainly experienced questionable calls. Each side sees it differently.

I still hold to the SR-centric approach to get away from any racing below SR S. SR A or lower is absolutely awful. Don't even bother trying to pass people unless it's a no-brainer. Once at SR S, it's definitely better.

Food for thought; when I enter a race and see an intro that calls for "clean racing" in some way, it is almost invariably from someone at the back of the pack. It begs the question, if people are always being "dirty" with you, then maybe you are the one doing something wrong. Maybe you're too slow into a corner. Maybe your line is awkward. It's definitely worth taking stock of what you are doing.

You have to remember that, as you move down the SR ranks, the people are less skilled and less serious. Unless someone just got the game or never play sport mode, they are prone to getting into issues with other drivers. This might be intentionally dirty or a lack of ability.

Given that penalties can often be unjust, I don't have an issue with the way the system works now. Actual "dirty" drivers get their penalties and get pushed down the ranks. Sure, there might be that one incident that upsets you, but hey, welcome to sports of all kind. If you've ever played a sport with officiating, then you've certainly experienced questionable calls. Each side sees it differently.

I still hold to the SR-centric approach to get away from any racing below SR S. SR A or lower is absolutely awful. Don't even bother trying to pass people unless it's a no-brainer. Once at SR S, it's definitely better.

Food for thought; when I enter a race and see an intro that calls for "clean racing" in some way, it is almost invariably from someone at the back of the pack. It begs the question, if people are always being "dirty" with you, then maybe you are the one doing something wrong. Maybe you're too slow into a corner. Maybe your line is awkward. It's definitely worth taking stock of what you are doing.

To play devils advocate under certain circumstances at certain tracks you can go from SR 99 to SR B thru no fault of your own. This is where the "unjust" penalty system can really be aggravating.

go from Dr d Sr d to Dr c Sr s

Nice job.👍

Finding it tough to raise the Dr now

As long as you keep putting safety first, your DR should look after itself as it's a pretty good judge of a driver's skill.

You might reach a plateau and see minimal gains or losses but if you keep racking up the miles and race experience, DR points will come eventually as you improve. Max out your SR and try to keep it there so you get the chance of racing higher ranks. Not much chance of beating them but they bring plenty of points to the races and they're a good source to learn from.

Go to the Fiart 5 race its a DR gold mine. Up 5k just today.... Was dropping after failed Gr3 attempts last week I was at 18k. Today I'm at 24k and climbing.

Work on a low 1:08 time if possible snag a 1:07 and start up front and stay smooth and neat.

Stacking up Wins and DR all dayiyeah

Oh Fiart 5 is no typo. Its a Fart of a car with about 5hp

Ive encountered same as you went thur. Yes Its a joke among ruthless driver. Just raise you sportmanship to S. Its a big difference and more enjoyable to race. Good Luck

Thanks people.

In the fiat 500 race. Still early days only hitting a 1.09 lap finding it hard tc on 1.
Will keep up the grind. Although I just finished 5th out of 12 with a 9th grid start. Clean race bonus and only acquired 200 Dr points. Sound right?

Take TC off completely its slowing you down, low power cars like this dont need it at all they cant roast tires lol but when you give steering input slip or not TC cuts power

Trick is have to be smooth and neat. Upset the chassis and she bites hard but she can be soothed around corners wide

Tip

Turn 1 go in wide hit the apex and exit wide, take T2 from the inside to the outside. Last corner go wide and smooth for that speed.

Its all about T2 exit Speed and Last corner exit speed.

Last edited:
Take TC off completely its slowing you down

Trick is have to be smooth and neat. Upset the chassis and she bites hard but she can be soothed around corners wide

Yea I just turned it off. Was easing myself in :/

By the way. The beige colour is really nice I think.

Back