When you are mad.......Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter CDailey
  • 31 comments
  • 1,374 views
Messages
13,813
United States
Alabama
Do you listen to any certain song or genre of music.When im really pissed of, i usually listen to My Way or Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit. When something bad happens in my life or im just feelin down, I listen to I'm Walking Away by Craig David.

What about you?
 
When im mad :mad: i listen to Marilyn Manson Anitchrist superstar. When im feelin good i listen to Flipp.
 
After I get mad from Listening to Justin Timberlake, I listen to the soothing sounds of Tool, or any other good band, such as:

U2
Beatles
Led Zeppelin
NIN
TMBG
Radiohead
Colplay
Some other anagram group
etc.
 
I usually just go for a drive when I'm mad. Music does nothing for calming me down.
 
Originally posted by jubula
When something bad happens in my life or im just feelin down, I listen to I'm Walking Away by Craig David.

mate, thats just wrong.

when i feel mad i usually try and listen to something low tempo. at the moment im hooked on the current silverchair album "diorama" and it usually mellows me out.

if i feel good ill listen to something with a quick beat or fast tempo. NWA - 100 miles and runnin comes to mind.
 
I've heard that listening to music that runs counter to your mood, like soothing music when you're stressed or pissed, can actually stress you more.

If I'm pissed I listen to aggresive music and it sorta purges me.
 
Originally posted by Klostrophobic
After I get mad from Listening to Justin Timberlake, I listen to the soothing sounds of Tool, or any other good band, such as:

U2
Beatles
Led Zeppelin
NIN
TMBG
Radiohead
Colplay
Some other anagram group
etc.
:thumbsup:
 
Depends on how I need to respond after being angry...

If I just need to relax and realize the world is not collapsing:
Enya, Sade, Orbital

If I just need to calm down with a drink:
Miles Davis, John Coltrane, G Love and Special Sauce

If I need to play a video game:
Beastie Boys, Front 242, Public Enemy, Meat Beat Manifesto

If I need to dirve it like I stole it, forget (to say it nicely) about the other cars on the road:
Tool, Nine Inch Nails, Ice Cube, Ministry
 
What's the quote "music to tame the savage beast" ??? something like that. Very apt and true.

I find that any good music will do the job, but normally i just brood for a while. But yeah the Foo Fighters calm me down really well but Tool, Disturbed, Limp Bizket, RATM, Chilli's, The Damned, Fun Lovin Criminals and all that sort of stuff will knock the edge off most strops and sulks. If i'm feeling like i need to chill and think about stuff then it's time for the more laid back stuff like Moby or Sneaker Pimps.
 
Listening to really loud, fast music, be it metal or dance is often quite cathartic in a stressful situation, principally because it accelerates the right hemisphere of the brain, and then the two hemispheres will be working at more like the same speed.

There's only one mood track that I can consciously remember listening to, and that's The Box by Orbital. It's in two parts, which together go on for about 20 minutes.

I listen to it when I'm sad, but I need to be sad for a while, then I need to be happy again. The Box is a great transitional track like that, it wallows with you in your grief, and then as you go into the second part, it kind of says "Right, you've had your sadness, now it's time to pick yourself up and get on with your life". It's fabulous, and it really helped when my girlfriend moved out of our house, and I came back from work at about 4am, to a cold and empty house.
 
Ah, The Box. All 28 minutes of it. Trading satellites for substance, let spectators pay their way.

There's so many instruments in that song: a harpsicord, a bunch of big bells, a flute...and then the sad whistling in the end is a nice touch.
 
When I'm sad I listen to dance music. (Raven Maize - Fascinated is fab)

When I'm happy, I listen to R&B. (Christina Aguilera - Dirrty, and Eminem - 8 Mile at the moment)

When I'm angry, I listen to indie/punk (Sum 41 - Heart Atack/Feeder - Just A Day)
 
If I'm pissed off I'll listen to some S.O.A.D.

If I'm happy I'll listen to Disturbed.

If I'm sad I'll listen to some funny songs from a local radio show.
 
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
 
I usually go kick my neighbor's damn dog in the nutz.

Just kidding (: I tie its feet together and leave it in the road.

Ha ha .... not even *I* could do that.

I just crank up the music. Preferably something hard/heavy.
 
I listen to something that makes me think...something to get my mind off of why I'm mad
 
Well since Metallica has music for no matter what the mood I always listen to that.

There older heavier stuff for when I'm pissed and some of there newer stuff when I'm not.
 
When i get mad, i hit stuff.
 
Bodycount: Cop Killer album
...or anything fast and heavy namely Man-o-war
 
I like to listen to Rammstein when i'm mad.
With the volume to the max.

Luckily for my roommates and the neighbors i'm almost never mad:D
 
I'm surprisingly calm when I'm angry. I usually just put on the music I always have on and go yell at Doug on AIM.
 
Originally posted by PoeticSoul952
I listen to something that makes me think...something to get my mind off of why I'm mad

Like J.Lo;) :D
 
When I'm mad : Metallica or Tool. 👍

When I'm myself : Metallica and Tool. 👍

:p

When I'm sad : Well...
 
When I'm mad music doesnt really do much for me but get my blood pumpin even faster. I prefer to take out my agressions on an inanimate object that is rather difficult to break so as not make myself have to pay for somthing later.

I've found that certain songs will make me sad and I find these songs just listening to random things like videogames or movies or a videoclip from GTP or somethin. These songs are of all sorts from lots of genre's.
 
Back