Where are all the cars!

• Thread starter Russ15
  • 125 comments
The car list is perfectly fine as is but I do agree a lot of important marques are missing, namely Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Subaru, Jaguar, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Koenigsegg, Dodge, etc. I do trust that a lot of new cars will be added with DLC and that by the time PCARS 2 releases (If they decide to make another) it will have a car list that would please pretty much everyone.

While I am happy with the number of cars in the game, I must admit that having a few more manufacturers within each racing category would be appreciated. I'm specifically thinking of 458 Italia GT3s and especially more of the Group C and LMP models.

I fully understand the reasons behind the current list and am by no means complaining. I must admit however that after having played GTR and GTR2 for many years, I will miss some of the names and badges that will not be available in Project CARS.

There have been hints, and flat out confirmation of additional cars coming (such as Bentley Continental GT3 http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/project-cars-welcomes-bentley/ ) so there is always a chance that we will see more cars down the road.

This whole thread is pointless. We have a car list discussion thread, a whining and crying thread as well as a wishlist thread already. All have the same content essentially. Should be merged with the Car List Thread IMO.
Blowfish,all the cars are in the dealership,go grind for 3 days and you can buy them,oop's wrong game.:cheers:

I'd be lying if I said the car list isnt a turnoff. Don't get me wrong, I love race cars and there are a lot of those but compared to Gran Turismo, the variety just isn't there. I do like road cars more though, just to note :)

Why is there such a big issue with having new threads or duplicate threads on this board? Do you pay for your database by the kilobyte? :boggled:

I've been racing in GT leagues for a very long time. Having variety is what gives it longevity. Having said that I probably still haven't used more than a few hundred cars in Gt6, 1000+ is a lot!

I fully expect project cars to see a lot of new content once the launch is a success which I think is inevitable at this point.

Why is there such a big issue with having new threads or duplicate threads on this board? Do you pay for your database by the kilobyte? :boggled:

I've been racing in GT leagues for a very long time. Having variety is what gives it longevity. Having said that I probably still haven't used more than a few hundred cars in Gt6, 1000+ is a lot!

I fully expect project cars to see a lot of new content once the launch is a success which I think is inevitable at this point.
The boards get cluttered up with multiple threads on the same issue, burying other threads that people might find really useful. Just keeping things neat and tidy. Common sense.

Isn't that what stickies are for?

It just seems a bit restrictive. Just my 2 cents.
The boards fill up with "my opinion" and "my thoughts" threads and endless questions that could easily be thrown into any generic thread. GTP got to be one of the top 50 websites in the world partially by being organized and devoid of all the clutter and nonsense that other forums allow.

There are plenty of cars in this game, more than enough imo. I'm sure there will be even more via DLC, & loads more in Project CARS 2.

To me, this game seems to have more cars than GT6, just because all the cars are so well chosen & relevant.

:)

Unofficial mods is one of the main reasons older sims such as GTR2 and GT Legends are still alive and well, even though the games were released 7 - 8 years ago.

Since many of the sim racing sites already have car skins available for download, I expect to see the first unofficial mods within 6 months. They will be "at your own risk", but this is just one more advantage that the PC version has over the Consoles. If you are willing to try these mods, they can make the game seem brand new again.

Unofficial mods is one of the main reasons older sims such as GTR2 and GT Legends are still alive and well, even though the games were released 7 - 8 years ago.

Since many of the sim racing sites already have car skins available for download, I expect to see the first unofficial mods within 6 months. They will be "at your own risk", but this is just one more advantage that the PC version has over the Consoles. If you are willing to try these mods, they can make the game seem brand new again.
Yeah, mods are still being made for GTR2 (A 10 year old game!) today so SMS should give mod support for PCARS. Unless BAMCO don't want people nodding their games (a possibility)

Yeah, mods are still being made for GTR2 (A 10 year old game!) today so SMS should give mod support for PCARS. Unless BAMCO don't want people nodding their games (a possibility)

BAMCO doesn't have anything to say about the game design. They're only the distributor, not the publisher.

P&G3 was released recently and is now a GTR2 standalone (no longer needs GT Legends to install) and is well worth looking into, especially for those who are fans of early GT racing.

And in a similar note, when the latest PCars delay hit, I went back to NR2003....and it's still fantastic! (And still has people releasing cars and tracks!)

P&G3 was released recently and is now a GTR2 standalone (no longer needs GT Legends to install) and is well worth looking into, especially for those who are fans of early GT racing.

And in a similar note, when the latest PCars delay hit, I went back to NR2003....and it's still fantastic! (And still has people releasing cars and tracks!)
I just got PG3 and it is the best GTR2 mod out there and if PCARS had mod support then we have unlimited options for mods.

Personally, I can't stand these mod hellholes of games. Most of the mods are utter crap and get praised by the fanboys no matter how ****** they are, just because they are free and the platform these mods usually are coming for are totally lacking official content.

Personally, I can't stand these mod hellholes of games. Most of the mods are utter crap and get praised by the fanboys no matter how ****** they are, just because they are free and the platform these mods usually are coming for are totally lacking official content.
Well, there are a lot of crap mods but P&G is one of the best out there, completely revamped UI, all of GTL's cars, and all GTR2's tracks

Well, there are a lot of crap mods but P&G is one of the best out there, completely revamped UI, all of GTL's cars, and all GTR2's tracks

Sure, no doubt about the availability of some quality mods out there

I just don't think that modability is needed for a game to stay relevant over a longer period of time. A game is either awesome, makes good money, gets played to death until the next iteration is released (GT/Forza/PCars hopefully) or it will stay around because ppl pay for it (iRacing) or it will stagnate at one point, a hardcore minority will play free mods, the Developer makes no money and has a Problem with selling a successor (rFactor, AC).

I certainly wish for every Racing Game Studio to be super successful and push our genre forward, I just think the first two models have proven to be more successful in the long term.

IMHO, modded cars are pointless if the specs/data aren't right. Extra tracks are great, but too many of the cars you can mod into a game are just shells with generic or improvised values. When I was young, all I cared about was what the car looked like -- and that's all that really matters in one of the old Need for Speed games or a GTA game -- but now I'd rather play a complete game instead of an open platform with a hodgepodge of mods.

Someday when I have a more powerful PC, I might buy the PC version of Project CARS, to play with my G25 sometimes and to add touges and more street/highway courses if any are converted or made.

IMHO, modded cars are pointless if the specs/data aren't right. Extra tracks are great, but too many of the cars you can mod into a game are just shells with generic or improvised values. When I was young, all I cared about was what the car looked like -- and that's all that really matters in one of the old Need for Speed games or a GTA game -- but now I'd rather play a complete game instead of an open platform with a hodgepodge of mods.

Someday when I have a more powerful PC, I might buy the PC version of Project CARS, to play with my G25 sometimes and to add touges and more street/highway courses if any are converted or made.
Most mods I have used for old sims were accurate in performance apart from an NAGT mod that had a Volvo TC with the same performance as a Viper CC. Pretty much every GTL mod I ever used was perfect (Especially the awesome Mazda RX-7)

Mods are hit and miss obviously. Its nice to get new stuff for free but annoying when they don't drive like you think they should. I also won't use mods ripped from other games without official permission. If I had my druthers I'd rather see the dev create a steady flow of high quality content and pay for it.

We had a problem with cars out of spec back in the NASCAR 2003 series,there were mods for every car track etc,most were garbage,but their were some old classic F1 mods and great tracks.

Mods are hit and miss obviously. Its nice to get new stuff for free but annoying when they don't drive like you think they should. I also won't use mods ripped from other games without official permission. If I had my druthers I'd rather see the dev create a steady flow of high quality content and pay for it.
I hate modders that just steal other peoples models and such and just convert them without permission. Biggest culprit I've seen of this is the Shift Street mod which, as the name suggests, takes pretty much every car from Need For Speed Shift and puts them into rFactor. Played with the mod once to see how it was then deleted it. I think there's a video of it on my YouTube channel somewhere

Back