Where to download GEM+?

• Thread starter nitrorocks
  • 13 comments
United States
Phoenix, AZ
nitrorocks
Ey guys, I'm aware that I need to Download the Igor GEM+ Mod Installer, but when I download it, it says there is no "GPL.exe pathway" and I need to lead it. I also have the 2004 GPL Demo. What do I do with the pathways and such?

I'm not sure, but this might help. The forums there are the best for GPL. I think you would be hard pressed to find a problem that they could not help you solve. Good luck :)

Okay I've installed it. But now it's saying the same thing when I'm trying to install the 1967 sportscar mod.

I think there was an answer for this in the install guide, which does not seem to be working for me. I'll check it out on my other computer where I can access the install guide. I think there is a work-around, but I don't remember what it is.

(Sorry for the double post. Hopefully since this part of the board is pretty inactive I won't get in trouble with the mods).

I asked your question at another board and received this response:

"That's what it always says when you first start up GEM if I remember right.

All he has to do is find gpl.exe which is in a slightly different location, but still in the GPL folder."

"The game and the demo are the same thing, from GEM/IGOR/mods point of view. The difference between them is that the demo is missing 10 original tracks and has updated graphics. As Bob said you only need to point the installer to a different directory or rename your GPL2004DEMO folder. The only thing IIRC needs the CD is the nightmod? though I could be wrong about that."

So I think you just need to find the demo's .exe. Hope it helps.

gman1647
(Sorry for the double post. Hopefully since this part of the board is pretty inactive I won't get in trouble with the mods).

All he has to do is find gpl.exe which is in a slightly different location, but still in the GPL folder."

"The game and the demo are the same thing, from GEM/IGOR/mods point of view. The difference between them is that the demo is missing 10 original tracks and has updated graphics. As Bob said you only need to point the installer to a different directory or rename your GPL2004DEMO folder. The only thing IIRC needs the CD is the nightmod? though I could be wrong about that."

Huge thanks!!! I've been searching and haven't found anything.

Please help, it still won't let me install it after doing these, i get message 'setup could not find GPL.exe in the selected directory!' please please help :indiff: :nervous: :scared: :crazy: :drool: it used to work on my pc but i had to clear my hard drive because the memory was full :sly:
please reply soon, i am going insane trying to make this work :ouch:

Please help, it still won't let me install it after doing these, i get message 'setup could not find GPL.exe in the selected directory!' please please help :indiff: :nervous: :scared: :crazy: :drool: it used to work on my pc but i had to clear my hard drive because the memory was full :sly:
please reply soon, i am going insane trying to make this work :ouch:

Did you use the installer? (http://gplps.org/wb/pages/projects/gpl-installer/gpl-installer-downloads.php). It's been a while since I installed GPL the last time, but you may have to change the install directory to something like "c:\\sierra" (not sure if my slashes are going the right way) and not let it install to the "Program Files (x86)" directory. If that doesn't work, check out srmz.net. Those guys are the real GPL experts.

Did you use the installer? (http://gplps.org/wb/pages/projects/gpl-installer/gpl-installer-downloads.php). It's been a while since I installed GPL the last time, but you may have to change the install directory to something like "c:\\sierra" (not sure if my slashes are going the right way) and not let it install to the "Program Files (x86)" directory. If that doesn't work, check out srmz.net. Those guys are the real GPL experts.

I Cannot use it because my GPL is packed ready for a move... only access to GPL is 2004 demo :ill:

Hmmm... I don't know much about installing with the demo as I've never done that. For the question above I asked over at at http://srmz.net/. I would try to ask there, as the guys on that site are 1) experts (It's where the guys who actually mod the game hang out) and 2) like the people on here, they are really nice and helpful.

I'm sorry. There is nothing quite so annoying as just wanting to play a game and having to deal with all these little things :grumpy:. I had a similar experience with Richard Burns Rally, but, with classic games like GPL and RBR it is worth it in the end.

I would try asking over there. I guarantee that you will find someone who can get you up and racing in no time. 👍

I Have registered but when i have entered the details i press login it says 'No username entered' so i'm in it for the long haul to wait until it is fixed.
I have a different profile but i don't remember username :dunce:

Back