Which 10-15 million credit Vintage Racer Should I purchase

United States
United States
LEGODUDE2017
I've already bought all the 20 million credit cars in GT Sport in a fit of frenetic grinding last year, but I've lost interest in that process which is why it's taken a little while to save up to 15 million again. Unfortunately, I've had no luck with the daily wheel of (mis)fortune. Accordingly, I want to make my purchase count, so I'd welcome any input on which of the 10-15 million credit vintage racing cars you think is best.

I realize that all of these cars have their pros and cons and that it is difficult to choose which is the best. Personally, I'm looking for the one which is the most fun to drive; the one which I will get the maximum enjoyment from.

Anyways, with that being said, I'd be happy to hear your opinion on the following cars:
  • Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe
  • Jaguar D-Type
  • Aston Martin DB3S CN.1
  • Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2
Thanks!

I only own one and it is the Shelby. I'm quite fond of it even if it is a little stable. I'm a big fan of the Lancia Stratos for a point of reference on my tastes.

The Shelby sounds good, and is a blast to drive. It's my favorite of the high credit cars.

Haven't bought the D Type, but it's next on my list.

The TZ2 is fine do long as you don't want to put a racing stripe on it. The livery editor centreline isn't straight.

They are all great cars, just not really much you can do with them.

The Shelby Cobra is the most useful of them in the sense that you can win the vintage events in a tuned version if you want to continue grinding.
The Jaguar and Aston Martin are both great fun to drive. They roll and wallow when cornering at any real speed but that it part of the charm.
I don't own the Alfa Romeo yet and I am not sure I ever will. I loved it in GT6 but I have my eye on the Ford Mark IV this time round.

My choice is:
1/ Shelby Cobra Daytona
2/ Aston Martin DB3S
3/ Jaguar D-Type
4/ Alfa Romeo TZ2.

*Slightly edited from another thread but perfectly suitable here too.*

My own findings about these cars.

As a background, I've driven them mainly on Comfort Softs in time trials just for fun to get somewhat realistic grip levels. The problems with the D-Type may stem from this but on the other hand, none of the others suffer from similar issues, not even the Aston.

Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 - Very light, fun and reasonably challenging to drive, but ultimately slow. Only good as a joyrider.
Aston Martin DB3S - Easy to drive, much faster than the Alfa, nearly as fast as the Jaguar despite being low on power and a much more pleasant experience all round. See below.
Jaguar D-Type - Something wrong with the handling. Extremely heavy throttle oversteer even in third gear that can't be properly tuned out. Very hard to drive fast as a result.
Shelby Daytona Coupe - Perhaps the most relaxing drive of them all, even beating the Mk IV. And the engine sound alone is enough of a reason to buy it.

I own the Alfa and DB3S, along with the 250 GTO.

With the Alfa in Custom Race, the handling and speed are great. AI programs have the cars hooked up for close racing at most tracks(AI at Bathurst still brake too early at Sulman Park). Driving a slow car fast, is a passion of mine. May not be fun for others, but again, it does the job in One Makes. ;)

DB3S is fun.

I did own the Shelby when it first came out. As noted above, the sound alone is worth the spend. If you like the 250 GTO, the Shelby is more stable.

As an extra, I did own the 250 Berlinetta(N300). Beautiful car. Handles great. Only problem is, its gearing. Some real life specs, have the gearing longer for higher speeds, at the horsepower setting PD use for this car. The gearing PD chose, is mainly for the lower horsepower spec. Is it worth 12.5 mil? The choice is yours, but it can be used just about anywhere versus other cars, from GT League races(Premium Lounge, etc), Custom Race, Lobbies and I even raced it in Sport Mode FIA N300. Stock, the gearing is the only caveat.

Although they're probably not race cars, have you considered the Ferrari 250 GTO CN.3729GT 1962 (Gr.X) or the Lambo Miura? One is 12.5M, the other 15......

Both my personal favourites yet despite this I still haven't bought them yet...(we both know why!) ;)

Although they're probably not race cars, have you considered the Ferrari 250 GTO CN.3729GT 1962 (Gr.X) or the Lambo Miura? One is 12.5M, the other 15......

I've already bought the Ferrari GTO (you can see it in my avatar picture). I've always wanted the Miura and the Ferrari 250 Berlinetta for that matter, but I would rather have one of the old race cars instead of just a road car.

The Ferrari is a full 20 million bank breaker. Unfortunately, because it means I won't have it any time soon.

You're right, sorry I meant the 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto (N300) which I love but still haven't bought yet. That's 12.5M...... I think (still no access to PS4!!)

I'm in a similar situation and I dont know what to purchase...

Ferrari Berlinetta (12.5 million) - N300
Shelby Cobra Daytona (15 million) - GrX
Alfa Giulia TZ2 (10 million) - GrX
Ferrari GTO (20 million) - GrX

I'd like to have the Berlinetta since it can be used in a lot of Nxxx races... Although I heard that it doesn't handle well and it's kind of a money waste...

I'm in a similar situation and I dont know what to purchase...

Ferrari Berlinetta (12.5 million) - N300
Shelby Cobra Daytona (15 million) - GrX
Alfa Giulia TZ2 (10 million) - GrX
Ferrari GTO (20 million) - GrX

I'd like to have the Berlinetta since it can be used in a lot of Nxxx races... Although I heard that it doesn't handle well and it's kind of a money waste...
Ferrari Berlinetta is a fun car and there are tunes out there that make it a good drive in races where it’s out classed by cars with a higher N rating. It’s more versatile than the Daytona due to its lower category. Still love the Daytona though, every player should get that one.

Thanks again everyone for your informative and quick responses. I'm happy to say that I am the proud owner of a virtual Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe:
6125459543452287508_0.jpg

8152161849316508168_0.jpg

Latest Posts

Back