Which cam position are you fastest with?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BarronGeddon
  • 44 comments
  • 3,045 views

Which cam position are you fastest with?


  • Total voters
    160
i usually depend on the engine position, to help me "visualise" the weight centre and how it will move around.
For example, i use Hood cam on the NSX, as the cam is just infront of the engine
 
i use the hood view so im still level with the car but can see farther ahead

i used it for the vettel challange at monza but everywhere else i didnt beat
 
Bumper cam for me, has always been that way in any race game I use.

I just feel its more responsive - or it might be the fact I don't see just how bad I fishtail down a straight after a tough corner :)
 
Bumper, until every car has a cockpit I'm not going to bother to learn.
 
Hood / roof camera. The bumper cam gives little indication (in my opinion) as to the position of the front wheels, whilst the chase cam blocks the view of things in front. I used to use that view on all previous GT games, with some exceptions... For instance the VW Beetle which I remember impeded the view of EVERYTHING in front of your own car.
 
I always used chase camera untill I got a steering wheel a few months ago ... now I use the roof view. For some reason I can not control the car as well with the wheel if I am in chase view.
 
I retired all my standard cars from my Favourites list... I only drive in-car premiums now :/
I find the handling is easier to deal with in-car than bumper-cam, the thought being that the bumper cam doesn't give enough sensitivity in what the rear of the car is doing... anyhow.. never going back to bumper-cam..
 
Cockpit view , ive been waiting 10 years to have it in GT so im addicted and fastest with the view. shame you cant hear the exsaust note aswell on some cars!
 
I mostly use bumper or bonnet view, can judge the corners much better. However, when it comes to the X2010, chase cam is much easier for me, you have time to see the corners. Got a 29.708 today on Top Gear test track using DS3 so must be doing something right. :)
 
I voted bumper cam however i've only started using it for the most recent GT Academy. Previous efforts were all done using the chase view, nearly as fast and far more enjoyable imo.
 
Chase cam for sure... The higher view gives me much more of a "depth perception" to see the corner apexes are as well as the cars overall position on the track (understeer/oversteer).

Its hard to explain but I can see exactly how the car is tracking through corners and immediately adjust using the throttle or steering input. I've tried bumper and hood cams, but they're not as good for me.
 
It actually depends on the car. The F2007, I absolutely, positively need cockpit cam because with that you can accurately place the wheels. Bumper cam, not so much. But there are premiums where the A pillar is so prominent/obstructive that I'm better off switching to bumper.
 
It actually depends on the car. The F2007, I absolutely, positively need cockpit cam because with that you can accurately place the wheels. Bumper cam, not so much. But there are premiums where the A pillar is so prominent/obstructive that I'm better off switching to bumper.

Peugeot 908 perhaps?
 
Back