Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mazda Roadster Touring Car

Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Toyota S-FR Racing Concept

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
Australia
Australia
This next chapter of Gran Turismo is heavily influenced by esport. Gr.3 are the main focus in Sport Mode. Followed by Gr.4, Gr.1, Gr.2, Gr.N, Gr.B and Gr.X. The AMG GT S and Red Bull X2019, represent both “covers” of GT Sport. Focusing on Sport Mode, what one car defines the GT Sport era?

For me, it’s an option not represented. The Mclaren F1
Yeah, there are many cars I’ve not included, as some are personal favourites of many(some I’ve excluded are personal favourites as well), but not as overall performers. I like the F1. ;)
The Mazda TC is only a One Make car, it’s only included as it’s been noted to be the most popular car in the game(as mentioned, per sales during the Mazda RX-Vision GT3 reveal).

I would say Most Popular varies, but due to the pay-to-win background noise the Gr3 Supra would probably be the "must have."

I don't like that car. I like and think thr most popular would be the Mazda TC. Always a great combo for racing with that thjng

"Must have" probably a FF Gr. 4. Renault maybe?

"Defines GT Sport" maybe the Red Bull X2019 used often at the FIA Finals.

The exclusive, "cool" car (which I don't have), Gr 4. Supra. Only available to those who filled out the survey.

Last edited:
I would say Most Popular varies, but due to the pay-to-win background noise the Gr3 Supra would probably be the "must have."

I don't like that car. I like and think thr most popular would be the Mazda TC. Always a great combo for racing with that thjng
:lol:Exactly. We all have our car that’s most comfortable, other than choosing the META. However, there is that one car, placed on any track and you’re going to be competitive, podium finish or not.
"Must have" probably a FF Gr. 4. Renault maybe?

"Defines GT Sport" maybe the Red Bull X2019 used often at the FIA Finals.

The exclusive, "cool" car (which I don't have), Gr 4. Supra. Only available to those who filled out the survey.
Oh, I definitely have the Gr.4 Supra as the first car I’m buying(with in game Cr.) in GT7. It’s a competitive car even in A/S rooms when I had mine. Never read of a top player seeing what it could really do in their hands. Shame.

Has to be a group 3 car, thats the bread and butter. Question then becomes we talking now or over the 4 yrs of the game? If now, its the supra, over the 4 years, maybe the aston or the Lexus twins.

Has to be a group 3 car, thats the bread and butter. Question then becomes we talking now or over the 4 yrs of the game? If now, its the supra, over the 4 years, maybe the aston or the Lexus twins.
It’s over the life of the game. The Gr.4 M4 was META, Gr.4 Viper at one point. For sure, both RC Fs had their moments(the ‘17 been my go to car from when I ran it multiple seasons in my early 2018/2019 FIA Manu events and through Sport Mode Dailies until I stoppped). Even with that, it’s still not been a popular car filling the grids longer, as other cars have over these four years.

X2019 Competition for all the live events. Also the car featured in the current game cover art. This is my choice even if I can't vote for it.

Gr.3 Supra because it's always a choice and because of the Toyota connection

Gr.3 GT-R for me because it's been the only thing I've driven in the Manufacturer Series and I can't drive anything else.

Last edited:
I think the Bugatti VGT is one of the iconic cars of GT Sport, being in the first trailer and being one of the cars that made me buy the game. I think the iconic cars for GTS need to be cars that have made their debut in that game. The fictional race cars are my favourites and I'd say the homologation road cars are among the coolest cars in the game. I'm therefore going to say that either the Alfa 4C, Corvette C7 or Peugeot RCZ Gr3 road cars are the icons of GTS simply based on coolness.

I think the Bugatti VGT is one of the iconic cars of GT Sport, being in the first trailer and being one of the cars that made me buy the game. I think the iconic cars for GTS need to be cars that have made their debut in that game. The fictional race cars are my favourites and I'd say the homologation road cars are among the coolest cars in the game. I'm therefore going to say that either the Alfa 4C, Corvette C7 or Peugeot RCZ Gr3 road cars are the icons of GTS simply based on coolness.
I get what you mean, but for this poll:
This next chapter of Gran Turismo is heavily influenced by esport. Gr.3 are the main focus in Sport Mode. Followed by Gr.4, Gr.1, Gr.2, Gr.N, Gr.B and Gr.X. The AMG GT S and Red Bull X2019, represent both “covers” of GT Sport. Focusing on Sport Mode, what one car defines the GT Sport era?
I’m sure there could be a Car of GT Sport poll. When I think about it, I don’t think there is one car that can be used in each tier. The Porsche 991 GT3 RS can be used in the One Make Endurance League, but I don’t think it can be detuned enough for Beginner League. The BB 512 might be the most versatile from Beginner to Professional Leagues. Anyway, that’s another discussion. :)

While it's probably not the fastest or the most successful, and I haven't even driven it very much myself, my pick is the Porsche 911 RSR. When thinking of Gr3 racing the first image to spring to mind is the front end of the 911 with its white/red/black paintjob and the characteristic yellow headlights, it's simply the archetypal GT racer.

Perhaps there is no true 'icon' of GTS, and that everybody has their own. For me, GT4's icon car was the GT-R Concept race car. GT5's was the Nissan R33 Touring Car. I doubt many people share the same feelings.

Perhaps there is no true 'icon' of GTS, and that everybody has their own. For me, GT4's icon car was the GT-R Concept race car. GT5's was the Nissan R33 Touring Car. I doubt many people share the same feelings.
It’s not about an icon. This is different to the choice of an Escudo or Midget. It’s about the most popular choice of car that defines the GT Sport Mode of the game. When any one player enters Sport Mode: Daily Race and FIA Nations & Manufacturers, which car is the must have car to use overall?
Some players may only do Daily Races and no FIA. Some may only do Gr.3. Some may only do Gr.4. Out of those races, not only the META(sometimes, the META may change over the course of a week in the Daily Races), but there are cars that outperform most, to allow anyone player to be competitive over any track, conditions, tyre/fuel, wins, podiums. Reading through the Sport Mode threads, many of us have stated the best car, is the car any one player feels comfortable with.

Most Sport Mode race grids, are filled with the cars in the poll. Many players have their favourites, as I do have my own. The cars for selection, are mainly seen and mainly used in Daily and FIA races. I agree that due to one’s personal choices, their choice may not be available. The choices may actually be cars many people hate for their own reasons. This is looking outside of one’s personal view, but what is the popular choice. A car that defines the overall Sport Mode experience.

I have nearly 1000 game hours on GT Sport, and never willingly chose to spend credits on any Gr. 4, Gr. 3, or Gr. 1 car to be honest.

To me, its no contest for the car that defined GT Sport. The 2020 GR Supra RZ. Not only was it exclusive to GT Sport for a bit, but it was the famous return of a JDM legend... Also was pretty heavily featured in Sport events too.

Last edited:
It would have to be the favorably BoP'ed and promoted Supra but the Gr3 AMG popped into my head with it being around from the beginning.

I chose the Porsche lmp1 because of the good memories but to be honest for me it's just having Porsche onboard for this iteration that stood out.

I would say the Supra, but I've accumulated a weird sort of hatred for it due to how strong it is and how difficult it is to drive for me.

I picked the AMG because I really like how the car feels to drive and how it sounds. It's stable and simple, and actually really strong with a good tune. It and the Gr.4 SLS brought me to the top 100 leaderboard in the last manufacturer's cup, so those are the cars that defined GT Sport for me.

GR Supra GT3 was the car to have. I saw online events +50% of cars were Supra.

The partnership with Toyota made this car more visible (Olympics chosen car).

For me its the Gr.3 WRX. Well, it ought to be considering I've done ~100k miles in the thing! :lol::lol:
I've barely past 10k miles with all cars :lol: I am really newbie compared to many of you here 😅 yet I've spent some hours in this game.

Surprised at the Supra Being the big favorite,when i think of GTS i instantly remember the BMW blue M6 that Kaz drove in Nurburgring 24h just like the Nissan GT-R N24 makes me think of GT5,GT6

Mclaren F1 after over 1000 races at blue moon :) my perfect daily workout machine :) , will always have soft spots for GTR vspec 2 and the Subuaru WRX STI and the Toyota Trueno plus the 787B from Mazda but wasn't blown away by the sound of it in GTS

Last edited:
Back