Which cars can be fantastic without much levelling up?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
breeminator
breeminator
I've just done a few laps of Mid Ohio with the #10 Chevrolet, and this setup only needs car level 2 - just reduce the power with a restrictor change and increase the front tyre width. I doubt my tune was anywhere near optimal, and my driving skill is a fair way off the best, but this car is amazing to drive:

mid ohio 900.jpg

Then in X class you can take one of the F1 cars, and I can't remember exactly what was needed, I think it might have been possible to fully upgrade it at level 1:

mid ohio X.jpg

You can also easily detune the F1 car to 998, and it's pretty good, though it looks like it's not meta at that PI. I'm not sure what level this needed, but it can't have been very high.

mid ohio 998.jpg

At 700, this time at Mugello, the Formula Mazda doesn't need much levelling up to hit 700 (though a meta build might need a higher level), but again the car is great to drive in close to stock form:

mugello 700.jpg

At 600, at Mugello again, the Lotus Emira is extremely good in close to stock form:

mugello 600.jpg

Looks like there are plenty of other options for that track at 600, but I haven't looked at them to know how much levelling up they need.

I'm going to give an honourable mention to the #73 Civic, as it's a fantastic car to drive in stock form, and isn't far from 700 stock, but I'm not sure how competitive it is.

It's a bit silly that we even need to ask how to have fun in the game without grinding car levels, but it is what it is. What other cars have you found that are really good at a low car level?

I miss the Utima GTR from Forza 6, that was my weapon of choice wherever it was allowed, the 1020 is too restricted unfortunately.

Here's an option for 800 PI. I don't know if I'd quite call it fantastic, but I did this time with a level 1 setup, I just took the car in stock form and added ballast to get it below 800, which costs 0 CP and can be done at level 1. I didn't make any tuning changes. It's tricky to drive without TC, but Sport TC takes care of most of the rear wheelspin.

mid ohio 800.jpg

2018 BMW M5. Destroys the super sedan series with zero levelling. Perfect choice to get that achievement.
Think I've done that series already, but since inevitably all series are going to be replayed (at least until the career mode gets bigger), I'll line this up for next time around 👍
A man of good taste 👍👍
DeeDee approves.

MX5 cup, I picked the 94 version kept it stock and it's faster than the quick upgrade option which adds too much weight. Kept stock can beat level 8 AI without too many problems.

Like with many other cars it's when you upgrade parts that the AI get more difficult as they run high level parts before you can. An easy solution with MX5 is just add power for 2nd/3rd race and try to not add weight, it's an easy win as AI add medium race tyres and hardly any power at around 130hp. Where your car should be pushing 160-170hp with everything else stock but will destroy AI on straights at level 8 and take the win.

This same works with the Cossie and probably other lower class cars, just add power first if you're going to upgrade or keep stock for an easier time against the AI. Another thing is the AI run full tanks in races when most races are 6 laps, another way to gain advantage on them is run light.

I've just run the Mercedes 190 E in the "Track Specials" which sits at exactly 400 PI stock and handles very nicely (as it should being a homologato). I imagine all of the Track Specials should run well stock.

Last edited:
-87 Ferrari F40 comes as A699. Already a good racer as is but try this: (A700)

Add extra light ballast, (improves balance++) buy F+R wings, race gearbox and race compression (engine).
Forcedown: F:185 R:250 gearbox: 2.90/2.00/1.50/1.20/1.00/0.85 and ca 3.80 rear. Tyrepressure 30.5/33.0 F&R.(edit) Take it for a spin!

A step futher, now S800. Can it keep up with the factory racers?

Add raceparts: weight reduction, exhaust, F&R tyres,(maxe width), brakes, diff (F60/R45), ignition, F&R arb`s (untouched).
+ sport valves to max out. Tyrepressure:29.5 F&R

My first rolling lap at RA went 2.13.4, a few laps later during race I was down on low 2.11`s. Not bad, and it has no unpleasant tendencies. 20 laps on medium tyres was no prob.

Last edited:
Huayra R seems to stick to the road like glue and turn on a sixpence (dime for US readers) for me. I levelled it up to 27 last night in free play at Daytona and Hockenheim and still didn't feel the need to add a single upgrade or even mess with the suspension geometry like most other cars I've tried.

Last edited:
I'm going to nominate the reintroduced Abarth 124 Spider here, which whilst slow when stock handles great from scratch.
Great choice. Its grip seems to be pretty great even on stock tyres.

Last edited:
I'm going to nominate the reintroduced Abarth 124 Spider here, which whilst slow when stock handles great from scratch.
True, but try it with a tuned suspension! Give it racing ARB`s F&R, racing suspension, sportsdiff+street flywheel. 225 tyres F&R.

Tyrepressure F:33.5 R:30.5, camber F:1.1 R:0.9, caster 6.0. ARB: F:8.72 R:8.30, springs(lbs) F:222.7 R:212.6
dampers F & R: 4.7-7.2 diff at 55. Add sportsexhaust+sportsfilter to make a PI400.

Easy little tuneup this, take it for a ride and compare! Cars should be driven in 1sst person btw ;)

Last edited:
I can't be 100% sure, as I haven't levelled mine up to see if any more upgrades become available at higher levels, but the Valkyrie AMR Pro is insane for X class even completely stock. I did some laps of Daytona with the infield and tried the Ferrari F1 and a couple of upgraded LMP1 cars, and the Valkyrie AMR Pro was around 4 seconds quicker than anything else when doing a race with default fuel and tyres.

It will be interesting to see how the McMurtry Speirling compares if it gets added as expected in a month or so.

Back