Which do you prefer for GT PSP: d-pad or analog nub?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo PSP' started by skingg, Oct 1, 2009.

?

Which you do use?

1. D-pad

40 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Analogue nub

22 vote(s)
    30.6%
  3. Both

5 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. DS3 on my Go

5 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. skingg

skingg

For some reason most reviews I read favors the d-pad over the analog nub of PSP. Personally I preferred the nub due to easier down shifts with the L trigger as the nub is placed much lower than the d-pad. That and it actually works pretty well in GT for me.

2. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

D-pad.

The nub is just too twitchy, feels like there's no deadzone, and oh yeah, my hands are big enough as is. :lol:

3. jfedor

jfedor

Is the D-pad analog on the PSP? I mean, is there a difference if I press the button only half way?

4. FLASH48

FLASH48

Will be using analog stick(nub) when i get my copy of GTM today.

5. The_Paladin

The_Paladin

Analog

6. Han_the_Dragon

Han_the_Dragon

D-pad.

Actually I don't own a racing wheel, and have been playing with the D-pad for all my racing games, since Colin McRea Rally 1 in the PS1, and only started to use the analog with some games (Midnight Club LA, Grid and a few others) in the PS3, because the D-pad with X and square to drive aren't as sensible as the L2 and R2 triggers, even though I still play GT5P with my old setup, since the X and square works well in that game.

7. turbomp301

turbomp301

D-pad

8. JamboGT

JamboGT

Have been told dpad is best but about to try for myself :D

9. ploopsy

ploopsy

I keep switching. I use the dpad for slight turns and overtakes on a straight. But I use the nub when I am making more complex turns.

BTW is there something I can add to my psp3000 nub to make it bigger and less twitchy?

10. MarcoM

MarcoM

D-pad.

Hint: Poll

11. Dude27

Dude27

analog... I just can't use the Dpad...
    but they could have put some sensitivity setting for the analog to loose it a bit... it's a bit too sensitive, I had to adapt a lot to get decent result in the driving challenges.

12. Tornado

Tornado

There were aftermarket nubs for the 1000, and there might be ones for the 3000; but it would be a pain in the ass to install them because of how the nubs were designed for the 2000 and 3000.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  13. vaioleto

vaioleto

I started out using the D-pad, but Analogue stick is superior. It's almost like cheating how fast you can go lock to lock. XD

14. DarkJC

DarkJC

I prefer the d-pad personally, more comfortable for me to use and I found the analog too twitchy, like others here.

I really wish psp had pressure sensitive buttons now though >.<

15. alba

alba Premium

D-pad oldschool style! Analog nub is just way too weird to be used properly, imo.

16. Arwin

Arwin

I agree, that would have been nice. Using the d-pad now also, and some good old keyboard-like binary interpolation skills for steering and accel.

Getting used to the d-pad quickly though - lots of golds on the challenges so far and had a good ad-hoc race with MarcoM as well.

This on the old 1k PSP model by the way. Still getting more and more interested in the PSP Go's use-the-DS3 option.

17. Zimmerd

Zimmerd

D-pad, POLL?

18. daan

daan Moderator

I started using the analogue nub (is nub even a word?) but didn't like it to start with. I then used the D-pad and got on a lot better while driving my Civic Typewriter. When I changed to an M3, I was oversteering all over the place and went back to the nub and I like the nub better now as it gives me more control.

EDIT: Poll added

19. opladener

opladener

The nub is in a weird position when you shift with L1 & R1
    ATM i keep switching between the two

20. pilotofthestorm

pilotofthestorm

D-Pad, just more used to it, use it for Wipeout Pure and Pulse too.

21. J-PaP

J-PaP

Analogue nub for me. Adopted it since I started playing ridge racer and Wipeout and can't go back.

The D-Pad doesn't quite feel right. Holding it has some kind of linear assist to it which seems wrong.

22. RAVELLRON

RAVELLRON

D-pad always

23. Ohh My Buddha

Ohh My Buddha

My PSP's Plastic analog thingy on top got stolen, I know how did it get stolen? Iunno either. D PAD FTW

24. khtse

khtse

Wouldn't it be great if the G25 can be supported by plugging it into the PSP USB port with a standard-to-mini adapter cable? After that, plug the PSP into your TV using a PSP video out cable... then March 2010 does not seem that far away.

Too bad this is not supported by the game.

25. NLxAROSA

NLxAROSA Premium

D-Pad. Takes a while to get used to, but it's very good IMO. Does give you the cramps after playing for three hours straight though. ;) :lol:

26. JesseRGT

JesseRGT

D-Pad for me, i tryed using the nub but its awkward

27. EmArA

EmArA

d-pad but analog nub sometimes

28. Takumi Fujiwara

Takumi Fujiwara

I've tried the analog a few times, but it feels like it's not actually any more "analog" than the D-Pad is. I've always used the stick for the console versions of GT (and other racers), but for the PSP, it's the D-Pad.

29. skylinerr34j

skylinerr34j

i find the nub much more responsive in drifting

30. Animera

Animera

I've got the PSP 1004, and have modified the nub so its more like a controller analog stick. It makes steering very easy.