Which games to get?

• Thread starter CDailey
  • 45 comments
United States
Alabama
I am probably going to get an Xbox for Christmas and I was wondering what are some good games? On my list so far are:

Halo
Project Gotham Racing 2
Jet Set Radio Future

I recently saw an ad on TV about the Xbox. $175 for the Xbox, 1 game, and a 2 month subscription to Xbox Live. I might get that.
Anyway, any suggestions for games?

NBA Live 2004
NBA Live 2003(if 04 isnt out i really dont know)
SSX 3

ummmmmmmmm thats all i can think of for right now

Are there any racing games for Xbox besides PGR and SegaGT 2002? I think I played a demo of one at Target but I don't remember what it was called.

friggin rallisport challenge, and rallisport 2 when that comes out. i dont remember off hand when that comes out tho, may even be out by xmas i dont know. Project Gotham 2 DEFINENTLY. And Sega GT Online, thats SUPPOSED to come out december 9th if they dont push the date back again, it keeps getting delayed. God, im a racing game nut :embarrassed:

Oh, I hear star wars: knights of the old republic is pretty sweet too, ive been meaning to try that out as well

Cool. Thanks guys! I think I'll add Rallisport Challenge and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic to my list. :)

SSX3 is AWESOME !.. I've only tried it on the PS2 though, so I have ZERO idea how it wrrks on the box from Hell....

Halo 2 and Rallisport Challenge are definites.
I just bought Need for Speed: Underground last night, it's pretty sweet, but it's got a lot of rap in it ( :yuck: ), and the aftermarket parts aren't very specific. It's clearly built for fanboys. But it's still pretty fun.

Knights of the Old Republic is an excellent choice, Sega GT 2002 isn't.

2002 is somewhat fun. I love my 350Z in that game. ive got it to 7.7 in the quarter :D w/ nitrous. GT Online should be fun just cuz its online racing. The only reason i bought GT 2002 is because when Online comes out you'll be able to transfer over your cars from 2002

Originally posted by Joey
I just bought Need for Speed: Underground last night, it's pretty sweet, but it's got a lot of rap in it ( :yuck: )

Oh, like there isn't any ****ty Alternative songs in there too. They're not even good Alt songs, it's all pop ****.

15 Alt songs
6 Rap songs
5 Techno songs

A lot of Rap in it? Hardly, I say too much Pop Alt.

I disabled all Alt songs, 1 Techno song (Junkie XL), and sent all Rap songs to the menu only.

PGR2 is sweet, just played it today. I hear Dead to Rights is good. There's Rainbow 6 coming out, too. Splinter Cell is also good. MGS2: Substance is always fun.

I was about to play the NFS:U demo at EBGames but they had to turn all of the game consoles off because too many people were in the store. :grumpy:

Originally posted by Integra Type R
Are there any racing games for Xbox besides PGR and SegaGT 2002? I think I played a demo of one at Target but I don't remember what it was called.

lets see...racing games. okay here goes:

Project Gotham racing (very good, but you might as well buy the 2nd)
Project Gotham racing 2 (awesome, just bought it friday :D )
Apex (italian game that has you owning your own car company. Not bad, original concept, pretty graphics. but kinda shallow)
World racing (only if you're either starved for racing games or you're a huge Mercedes Benz nut, since all the games are M.-B.)
Sega GT 2002 (not bad, especially since i got it free with my xbox)
Sega GT online (10 times better, simply because you can race people and bet your cars online)
Need for Speed hot pursuit 2 (pretty crappy, the ps2 version is amazing tho, so if you have a ps2, pick it up.)
Need for speed underground (would be pretty kick ass if it wasnt cooked with lots of rice. And cheesy fast and the furious "attitude")
Midnight club 2 (if you like sims, youll hate the physics in this game. ditto as above with the fast and the furious crap)
I think that's it for now. enjoy.

Halo 2 is comming out soon and i would imagen that it is going to be pretty awesome.

SSX 3 would be good if you like snowboarding games.
Havent seen all that many good car games on XBOX, but its hard to compare anything to GT3.

I played a demo of Need for Speed Underground...it was alright.
Graphics were fairly nice, and the main aspect of the game being Nitro added some flare to the overal gameplay. It was a sweet game to screw around with, but i dont think that i could take it seriously. Then again, it was only a demo that i played, so i dont think i can give an accurate judement of what the full game is going to be like.

My two friends have X-boxes so I try to keep up with the good games and stuff. They both have Halo and that is a truly awesome game. I've heard PGR2 is good. Another racing game I have played (maybe it's the one Integra Type R was talking about) is called Apex, you start your own car company and stuff. I played a demo of Moto GP (2?) and it was good. My friend also has a good fighting game called Dead or Alive 3.

Originally posted by 69Dodge_Charger
[BMy friend also has a good fighting game called Dead or Alive 3. [/B]

man DOA3 is OLD............but still a good game to view....err...play......:lol:

Seems I forgot one racing game to add to the pile: Midtown Madness 3. woo. good fun online. if you dont have live you should rent first. They just released 3 new cars for download too

Originally posted by kinigitt
Nah! Xtreme Beach Volleyball! Gotta love...sports. Yes. Sports.

uhhuh.....practically the whole purpose is to follow the bouncing.....................err ball:lol:

DOA3 is funner to play......DOAXBV is funner to watch..brings a whole new meaning to the term spectator sport:lol:

best fighting game ever is a tie between street fighter 3: first strike or soul calibur 2. dead or alive is very pretty, has some cool features, but asides from the uhhh...ladies, the character designs are pretty flat.

Originally posted by kinigitt
best fighting game ever is a tie between street fighter 3: first strike or soul calibur 2. dead or alive is very pretty, has some cool features, but asides from the uhhh...ladies, the character designs are pretty flat.

soul calibur 2 is the best game.........in DOA3 most of the "other" designs arent flat

ok time for second period....ill be back later:lol:

Back