Which is the best GT so far? Time to make a poll. --- GT4 still in the lead.

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 484 comments

Which Gran Turismo is the best (considering its launch date)?

• Gran Turismo (PSOne)

• Gran Turismo 2 (PSOne)

• Gran Turismo 3 (PS2)

• Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)

• Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)

• Gran Turismo 6 (PS3)

• Gran Turismo (PSP)

• Gran Turismo 7 (PS4)

• Gran Turismo Sport (PS4)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Don't remember about GT 1&2 so much since i haven't played them nearly in 15 years.
GT3 was pile of crap for me, i didn't like it at all.

Then..

Gran Turismo 4 came out.
I remember playing it hundreds of hours.
That same DTM race with my Audi TT TC over and over again to gain some money. :lol:
As a price was that CLK GTR which could be sold for ~1M.
Bought and built awesome cars, tested them on tracks and speedtests.

Also the interface was somehow so cool.
3 used car dealerships, car model specified races, driving park, mission races, garage..
It had everything. Oh those golden memories.. :)

Hmm.. About GT5.
Menu was at first a little awkward, but got used to it soon.
Liked the game and physics a lot and it was first GT where i learnt to drift. :D
Ever since almost all i'm doing on GT is drifting :lol:
Feature on GT5 i liked a lot was own races for A and B-Spec.

Game got a bit boring after time passed.
Then i saw a wierd car on lobby....
1000 Hp Civic :ill:
I had to browse all over internet what was that about?
Hybriding? :eek:
First image in my eyes were that terrible, ugly and hideous Toyota Prius :lol:

After i read a lot about hybriding, i decided to make my very first hybrid.
It was Mk1 Golf GTI with newer Golfs 1.8 GTI engine & tranny.
Oh god how awesome it was! :sly:
After that one i have made numerous amount of different hybrids but never brought them online since many people hated the hybrids.
And i don't wonder why. People with 99999 Hp Red Bulls crashing all over people... :mad:
Hybriding gave longer life for GT5 in my case.

So.. GT6 came and bought it immediately.
Looked nice at first, but something was missing...
B-Spec, speedtests and the biggest shock after my first cup race : Where the hell was prize cars? :odd:
Prize cars were nice on previous games. There was always something to wait after cup win..
On GT6 i got into online lobbies, they are kinda nice. Drift or just cruise and talk with people.
Oh and also bought G27 for drifting. Well.. I was amazed how god damn hard it is to drift with wheel :scared:
Even today after several, maybe tens of hours i can't drift with wheel :embarrassed::lol:
Well maybe on GT7... :rolleyes:

Overally i liked the GT4 the most and GT5 is close second due hybriding.
Hope that GT7 will bring nice features, cars and tracks with it so it can be the best one someday. :)
How does hybriding make GT5 better as a game?
You realize PD didnt just put hybrids in, its not technically part of the game. They actually went out of their wat to stop hybriding, further displaying it isn't a part of the game.
I'm not busting on you for hybriding, it can be quite fun and to each their own.
It just seems odd to me to credit a game as being better just because of a manipulation that you installed, aka not the game developers.

Also, hybriding and manipulation of GT physics was easily done with gamesharks before the PS3.

How does hybriding make GT5 better as a game?
You realize PD didnt just put hybrids in, its not technically part of the game. They actually went out of their wat to stop hybriding, further displaying it isn't a part of the game.
I'm not busting on you for hybriding, it can be quite fun and to each their own.
It just seems odd to me to credit a game as being better just because of a manipulation that you installed, aka not the game developers.

Also, hybriding and manipulation of GT physics was easily done with gamesharks before the PS3.
Hard to explain as i'm not so good at english.
But yes you're right that it isn't officially part of the game but it brought more content to game and it was easy and available to everyone.
And i do know that hybriding was available earlier GTs too but i weren't aware of that when i played them.

Hard to explain as i'm not so good at english.
But yes you're right that it isn't officially part of the game but it brought more content to game and it was easy and available to everyone.
And i do know that hybriding was available earlier GTs too but i weren't aware of that when i played them.
I understand the enjoyment, for me, hybriding was something I did in GT3. (or manipulation idk)

I'm just pointing out that if you're rating the games against each other, it doesn't follow logic to praise one of them for hybriding when 5 or more could do the same, or essentially the same.

I understand the enjoyment, for me, hybriding was something I did in GT3. (or manipulation idk)

I'm just pointing out that if you're rating the games against each other, it doesn't follow logic to praise one of them for hybriding when 5 or more could do the same, or essentially the same.
Good point. 👍
Still GT5 would be second best on series.

To me Gran Turismo will always be the best one. I was 20 when I took my first spin around HSR in arcade mode. I did not own the game, or a PlayStation at that time. I grew up playing racing games off and on. Up to that point the game I considered really great was Ayrton Senna's Monaco GPII on Sega Genesis. GT blew my 20 year old socks off. Nothing I had experienced to that point even came close. GT was the one that got me hooked.

Latest Posts

Back