Which is the best GT so far? Time to make a poll. --- GT4 still in the lead.

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 484 comments

Which Gran Turismo is the best (considering its launch date)?

• Gran Turismo (PSOne)

• Gran Turismo 2 (PSOne)

• Gran Turismo 3 (PS2)

• Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)

• Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)

• Gran Turismo 6 (PS3)

• Gran Turismo (PSP)

• Gran Turismo 7 (PS4)

• Gran Turismo Sport (PS4)

Results are only viewable after voting.
What I find even more strange is how GT6 has so many votes, but GT5 has very little. Not that it bothers me, but I would have thought it would have been much higher than that, but that's just my opinion.

It's the fact that a racing game contains no proper offline racing that makes it most perplexing, hence why I assumed people voting did so based on it being online, where you can have proper races.

It's kind of a hit and miss, really. Online racing is only good if you pick your people. Everytime I've raced online, everytime it was a boring disaster. People hitting my car, making me spin out, and so on. It's fine for GTA, but with Gran Turismo you depend a lot on the kind of people you end up racing with.

GT's biggest mistake is thinking online mode can perfectly replace offline.

It's kind of a hit and miss, really. Online racing is only good if you pick your people. Everytime I've raced online, everytime it was a boring disaster. People hitting my car, making me spin out, and so on. It's fine for GTA, but with Gran Turismo you depend a lot on the kind of people you end up racing with.

GT's biggest mistake is thinking online mode can perfectly replace offline.

I don't like online either, but I can't see why else people would vote for GT6.

The physics are the best of the series so far, and in the end, that's what matters most to me in a driving game. There's nowhere near as much guesswork in GT6 as there was in GT5, so any mistakes are your fault, and yours only.

The online is pretty good too if you end up with the right people. Clean NASCAR rooms can be a blast, as can track days and cruises, just as long as no one's being an ***.

Last edited:
They physics are the best of the series so far, and in the end, that's what matters most to me in a driving game. There's nowhere near as much guesswork in GT6 as there was in GT5, so any mistakes are your fault, and yours only..

I get your point, of course the physics are extremely important but it's still meant to be a racing game, and offline, it just doesn't deliver whatsoever.

I personally would place it above GT5 if only for the physics improvements and the fact I can buy any car at any given time.

I didn't play much GT5 to be honest, neither GT6. The GT series lost its magic years ago.

I voted for GT5, and GT6, simply because of the online side. In fact I have only completed 10% of GT6's career mode. I rushed through that in one night because I had to, just so I could get online.

I loved the older GTs, especially GT4, but nothing has kept me coming back to the game every night like driving with real people. If GT5 Prologue had been in the poll, I would have voted for that above GT4.

By the way, welcome back Samus!

That GT4 remains on top is a good sign for the future of Gran Turismo.
Can't tell if serious:sly: The fact that a version of the game more than 10 years old and now 2 generations ago is by itself more popular than the 2 versions of the game most recently released combined, and by some margin, tells you the series is moving in the wrong direction. Given that there are probably a not insignicant number of people here who have never played GT4 and therefore wouldn't vote for it, it makes it's popularity all the more stunning.

One of the greatest thrills I've had in the GT series was in GT4 winning the Formula GT championship. When it was over I thought "wow, that was great!" When I finished the 24 hrs at Sarthe in GT6 I thought "wow, I'm glad THAT'S over". As I get better at GT6, I find 24 hr at Sarth and Spa boring.

One of the greatest thrills I've had in the GT series was in GT4 winning the Formula GT championship. When it was over I thought "wow, that was great!" When I finished the 24 hrs at Sarthe in GT6 I thought "wow, I'm glad THAT'S over". As I get better at GT6, I find 24 hr at Sarth and Spa boring.

There are no 24 hour races in GT6.

I don't understand why GT5 has such a little amount of votes. It was certainly not the best GT, but it had so many great features (Photomode, Car trading, UCD, track creator) and many features which were ok, like a rewarding career mode.

I had tons of fun with this game. Actually, now I think about changing my vote. :)

Can't tell if serious:sly: The fact that a version of the game more than 10 years old and now 2 generations ago is by itself more popular than the 2 versions of the game most recently released combined, and by some margin, tells you the series is moving in the wrong direction. Given that there are probably a not insignicant number of people here who have never played GT4 and therefore wouldn't vote for it, it makes it's popularity all the more stunning.

It makes sense, in a way, though. It means most users of the most popular board of Gran Turismo know what quality is when they see it, and recognize GT4 as the superior games despite the newer games' advantages.

It doesn't help, however, that a board for GT7 (or whatever is called) already on the making. It shows people care little about the current game.

GT5 because it brought me back to GT after I bought it for $20.

GT6 will always be my least favorite because I bought it on release expecting a better version of GT5. I was very disappointed and it completely killed GT for me.

GT4 for its sheer track volume. That and the career mode was just so awesome. GT6 because of the track creator, fun physics, and unmatched content. I'll never get bored of that game.

A special mention would be GT3 because it was the game that made me switch from Nintendo to the Sony PS. It was just...new. It felt fantastic to play and I just loved the overall feel and presentation. There was no other game quite like it, not even Forza or Sega GT could sway me away from GT3. I also find that it aged quite well and I'd go back to it any day.

Why is GT7 even an option in the poll? We don't know how good it's going to be yet.
Better question would be, why did 7 people vote for it? Do they know something we don't know? Are they perhaps PD employees dropping subtle hints about the future GT7? Someone please warm up the hype train:sly:

I've played since GT3. For me though, GT3 was played when I was really young and I played it like an arcade racer version of bumper cars. GT4 though, That was when I began to understand the racing line and the concept of driving fast.

GT3 made me love Cars, GT4 made me love Racing.

So those will be my 2 votes.

I like all of them except GT6 (because i haven't played it). GT1-3 love it for Nostalgic reasons, GT5 because of the improved physics and graphics. But i have to say the best one might be GT4 even though i didn't like the physics in that one. GT4 just feels... Completed and has that high quality feel in it. The menus, the car list, the events, the features and the songs.

Don't remember about GT 1&2 so much since i haven't played them nearly in 15 years.
GT3 was pile of crap for me, i didn't like it at all.

Then..

Gran Turismo 4 came out.
I remember playing it hundreds of hours.
That same DTM race with my Audi TT TC over and over again to gain some money. :lol:
As a price was that CLK GTR which could be sold for ~1M.
Bought and built awesome cars, tested them on tracks and speedtests.

Also the interface was somehow so cool.
3 used car dealerships, car model specified races, driving park, mission races, garage..
It had everything. Oh those golden memories.. :)

Hmm.. About GT5.
Menu was at first a little awkward, but got used to it soon.
Liked the game and physics a lot and it was first GT where i learnt to drift. :D
Ever since almost all i'm doing on GT is drifting :lol:
Feature on GT5 i liked a lot was own races for A and B-Spec.

Game got a bit boring after time passed.
Then i saw a wierd car on lobby....
1000 Hp Civic :ill:
I had to browse all over internet what was that about?
Hybriding? :eek:
First image in my eyes were that terrible, ugly and hideous Toyota Prius :lol:

After i read a lot about hybriding, i decided to make my very first hybrid.
It was Mk1 Golf GTI with newer Golfs 1.8 GTI engine & tranny.
Oh god how awesome it was! :sly:
After that one i have made numerous amount of different hybrids but never brought them online since many people hated the hybrids.
And i don't wonder why. People with 99999 Hp Red Bulls crashing all over people... :mad:
Hybriding gave longer life for GT5 in my case.

So.. GT6 came and bought it immediately.
Looked nice at first, but something was missing...
B-Spec, speedtests and the biggest shock after my first cup race : Where the hell was prize cars? :odd:
Prize cars were nice on previous games. There was always something to wait after cup win..
On GT6 i got into online lobbies, they are kinda nice. Drift or just cruise and talk with people.
Oh and also bought G27 for drifting. Well.. I was amazed how god damn hard it is to drift with wheel :scared:
Even today after several, maybe tens of hours i can't drift with wheel :embarrassed::lol:
Well maybe on GT7... :rolleyes:

Overally i liked the GT4 the most and GT5 is close second due hybriding.
Hope that GT7 will bring nice features, cars and tracks with it so it can be the best one someday. :)

Back