Which is your favourite: Football or Motorsport

  • Thread starter Thread starter Skid Mark 33
  • 42 comments
  • 15,670 views

Which is your favourite: Football or Motorsport?

  • Football (Known as soccer in America - NOT the American football involving helmets/pads))

    Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Motoracing

    Votes: 65 91.5%

  • Total voters
    71
  • Poll closed .
:scared:

That's un-Australian!

V8 Supercars aren't really all that interesting most of the time. I'm only ever keen on watching the Clipsal 500, Bathurst 1000, Indy 300 and Phillip Island, the rest of the circuits are rather boring and too short.
 
Exactly. I'll watch Bathurst every year. But most of the rest of the year it's just basically some tarmac laid in a field in the middle of nowhere. And honestly I don't think it's that exciting, it's so regulated it's boring and loses the whole Ford Vs Holden thing.
 
Motorsports are the only sports I watch lol
Which means it sucks once the ALMS (my favorite series) season ends. I used to like F1, but these days it is just too much drama and the cars got rather... ugly to say the least. I'd watch WRC but no one shows it in the US. Sometimes I catch late night runs of taped DTM, LMES, and V8 Supercars, but that isn't very often since I tend to forget about them, due to the odd times they show lol
 
I couldn't care less ... V8 Supercars...


:drool: i cannot believe an Australian could say that about there national series...people from around the world try to watchV8s beecause it is the closest racing around :drool: cannot believe he said that!!!
 
I prefer any motorsporrt that makes left AND right turns. But, my preference is touring cars and rally.
 
:drool: i cannot believe an Australian could say that about there national series...people from around the world try to watchV8s beecause it is the closest racing around :drool: cannot believe he said that!!!

Just because it's a national series doesn't mean I have to like it. V8 Supercars is now just NASCAR on road courses. Maybe I'm in the minority but one-make series (Which is effectively what V8 Supercars is) just bores me. Also close does not automatically mean good.

When the cars had some kind of resemblance to the road cars it was good.
 
"NASCAR on road courses" is a BILLION times better than NASCAR on an oval track.
 
Although I like football, I prefer watching motorsports because I find it more exiting to watch.
 
:drool: i cannot believe an Australian could say that about there national series...people from around the world try to watchV8s beecause it is the closest racing around :drool: cannot believe he said that!!!
I'm with Casio, tbh the more exiting races I've ever seen are Touring car races, usually S2000 spec cars or similar. When cars get ove a certain ammount of power and speed, I don't know if it's just me, but the races become less exciting. Because of the speed and power the drivers take less risks, which ofcourse they should, it just doesn't make for as good viewing as Plato and Muller dd battling in their touring cars. But then not even the best Plato-Muller battles come close to the best Football matches.

Arsenal 49 games unbeaten, game 50 against Manchester United, puts a smile on my face every time I think of it.
 
Of course it's going to be motorsports. It's the only kind of competition I can stand to watch on TV. Any game where 2 teams are chasing after a ball, puck or whatever is fantasically boring to me.

:-)
 
Don't really have much of an interest in football, will watch like England but thats about it..

As for Motorsport I will watch anything with 4 wheels race! (I'm not into Bikes)..

Robin
 
Well I live in Canada so my option wasn't in it, I cannot stand watching Football so my choice is motorsport. Naturally for me it would be Hockey>Hockey>Motorsport.....then down later on probably near Cricket would be Football (soccer for me).
 
Exactly. I'll watch Bathurst every year. But most of the rest of the year it's just basically some tarmac laid in a field in the middle of nowhere. And honestly I don't think it's that exciting, it's so regulated it's boring and loses the whole Ford Vs Holden thing.

Bingo, I am exactly the same, I always watch Bathurst, but the rest is boring.

:drool: i cannot believe an Australian could say that about there national series...people from around the world try to watchV8s beecause it is the closest racing around :drool: cannot believe he said that!!!

I couldn't care less about V8 Supercars...... (Except Bathurst)

They ruined Touring cars in Australia in 1993. Now Nissan has interesting in bringing the GTR back into racing in Australia, but our touring car racing is ruined.
 
Back