Which ONE PD original track would you realise if given unlimited funds?

• Thread starter oinksnork
  • 56 comments
Autumn Ring and then during spring, summer and winter there would be a “do not tresspass” sign at the front gate.

Cape Ring in the real world sounds interesting though. Never enjoyed driving it very it much, but as an actual high-budget automotive playground on top of an oceanic mountain peak it would be seriously cool.

I loved Trial Mountain and Deep Forest in both directions but Grand Valley Speedway feels more Gran Turismo than any other track for me.
I like that the different configurations lends themselves well to different classes of racing.

Deep Forrest, Citta Di Aria, Costa Di Amalfi, Eiger Nordwand, El Capitan, Midfield, Grand Valley, Apricot Hill.

And especially Eiger Nordwand and Seattle with those big jumps. Car landings there could really reveal how accurate the game physics actually is.

Deep Forrest, Citta Di Aria, Costa Di Amalfi, Eiger Nordwand, El Capitan, Midfield, Grand Valley, Apricot Hill.

And especially Eiger Nordwand and Seattle with those big jumps. Car landings there could really reveal how accurate the game physics actually is.

Whoa! Just how rich are you pretending to be? I was 'filthy' rich but only picked one track to build.:ill:

My Grampa Rockefeller left me something in his will so I'm building Trial Mountain now. I'm sure I could bribe my way through any safety issues.:mischievous:

Unlimited funds? All of them. They're fantasy tracks and it's GT's heritage. Everything from the Cape Ring to the Autumn Ring.

I ment unlimited funds to make one track. Since making/removing mountains is stupid expensive (see the costs of the Panama canal) you would have unlimited funds to do that. Also bribing people to relocate to somewhere else is expensive (see the costs of the US border fence in Texas).

It is cool to see the amount of tracks that get love. But the question is which one do you want to see the most.

High Speed Ring, without a doubt.

Apricot Hill if I could just physically make the track about 1.5x the length, but keep the same width.

Midfield if there was a way to work around getting some runoff where the track goes over itself.

Red Rock Valley just because.

Grand Valley pre-GT4, when the middle of the track wasn't ruined. It's an iconic track.

Apricot Hill requires a very specific setting, but it's one of the best layouts IMO. Same goes for Trial Mountain. I prefer Deep Forest's layout, but the latter two would need quite a lot of changes in terms of modern run-off.

Trial Mountain for me because I love that track so much.

People saying Tokyo R246, you don't even need to build it, the roads do exist in real life. Just need to organize a race there really.

Also, I remember someone around here actually did a full study on how to build Apricot Hill in real life, as part of a student project. The guy located a nearly perfect spot somewhere in the US which would have required a low amount of terrain modification and allowed the track to be faithfully recreated, sand traps included.

I suspect other old original tracks could be fitted somewhere around the world where nobody lives yet (you wouldn't get the same scenery but imo that's not the point). Newer tracks are fictional roads drawn over real terrain, I think since GT5 at least, ignoring the fact you would probably have existing infrastructures in the way, they would be relatively easy to build.

Back