Which PS3 gaming Headset/phone?

• Thread starter mp10
  • 36 comments
Okay. I'm going to focus on Turtle Beach for my first gaming-specific headset. I honestly don't care too much about any fancy audio. I am an old-fashioned guy. When I looked up gaming headsets on Amazon, most of the cheapest ones have only one ear. I had a one-ear headset when I was making some of my first YouTube videos.

My PS3 is atop a stereo tower. I use the multi-out to connect to my stereo. I then have an A/V cord usually made to connect to the white and red ports of a stereo device. Instead, I use this cord to connect to my PC to hear PC audio through my sound card's Line In port. So therefore, I have a fairly convenient setup. I don't have enough money now, but I might get the Turtle Beach P11. It won't be the first Turtle Beach product I have because I have a Turtle Beach MIDI cable that connects through a USB port. It's a pretty good company to me.

So there is my primary gaming-specific headset candidate.

Good all-rounder.
However, I ordered mine from amazon, they came already opened, and from what I could tell, used.
I found that although they nearly worked perfectly, the voice monitor function didn't work at all (unless I wired them up wrong) and they had crystal clear sound, but little to no bass whatsoever.

I was so disappointed, I sent them back.

I had heard good things about the p11's, but the distinct lack of bass was enough for me. I am not the kind of guy who uses a buttkicker or anything like that, but there was so much mid and treble, that the headset would have given me headaches over time, as to me, there was part of the sound missing, if that makes sense.

It is entirely possible, that I received a duff pair.
Also, do not pay more than £29 if you can help it.
Amazon have them at anything from £29 to £46, depending on stock levels.... order when they are cheap!

:irked:👍

Good all-rounder.
However, I ordered mine from amazon, they came already opened, and from what I could tell, used.
I found that although they nearly worked perfectly, the voice monitor function didn't work at all (unless I wired them up wrong) and they had crystal clear sound, but little to no bass whatsoever.

I was so disappointed, I sent them back.

I had heard good things about the p11's, but the distinct lack of bass was enough for me. I am not the kind of guy who uses a buttkicker or anything like that, but there was so much mid and treble, that the headset would have given me headaches over time, as to me, there was part of the sound missing, if that makes sense.

It is entirely possible, that I received a duff pair.
Also, do not pay more than £29 if you can help it.
Amazon have them at anything from £29 to £46, depending on stock levels.... order when they are cheap!

:irked:👍

Hi thanks for the feedback; sorry but what do you mean by 'buttkicker'? :confused:

mp10
Hi thanks for the feedback; sorry but what do you mean by 'buttkicker'? :confused:

A buttkicker is a type tactile transducer. Tactile transducers try to recreate the feel of bass instead of reproducing the sound. Their are three main tactile transducer brands, clark synthesis, aura pro, and buttkicker. Transducers are all about feeling the audio. The brand buttkicker uses metal pistons that move up and down to recreate this feeling. They are a supplement to an audio system not a replacement.

I've heard good reviews about these; howver they out of my price range; i'm looking to spend something around £50 to £80.

My friend has just bought the PS3 bluetooth headset/headphone so i'll test them out tomorrow.

you are welcome to buy my playstation blue tooth. I won't use it anymore. I just don't know how much shipping would be :nervous:

Can you please explain the problem?

When using the headset, there is no audio signal transmitted to any speakers, including subwoofers or buttkickers, therefore no sfx to your seat. The buttkicker really adds to any game or movie.

Back