Which should I buy?

• Thread starter kjb
  • 5 comments

kjb

United States
Cary, NC
mrbabyboyd
I am thinking of buying Asssetto Corsa on the PS5 but which version I'm not sure. I have PC2 and I like it a lot. I know AC is a different game but I love racing games so it will be good to play something different when I want to race and don't want to play PC2. Ian not a big online racer more offline. Which works better on a controller? Which version I choose I will buy the Ultimate version so I won't have to buy the DLC

I'll jump in here and have a stab at this ;-)

AC and ACC are exceptionally good sims on consoles and as such you will gain most enjoyment/benefit from using a wheel and pedals.

The original AC has more tracks and cars. ACC is purely GT3&4 and restricted to the tracks they actually race on and so is a lot more narrower in its scope of coverage.

Since you are on a controller I would recommend PCars 3 as it is optimised for controllers and has a wide variety of cars and tracks to use and you are already familiar with PCars 2. PCars 3 is definitely much more of an arcade style game and like I said optimised for controllers.

PCars 3 is as much hated by by sim lovers as ACC is loved by them, so you can draw you own conclusions from that ;-)

If you are a trophy hunter (like me) ACC has been the hardest racing game I have ever platinumed in >:-( The original AC was hard and a little tedious. Whereas PCars 1,2&3 were relatively easy (but boring sigh...).

I hope some of this helps. Any more questions just ask.

I played AC a little bit on Playstation Now and I didn't have to much trouble with the controller so I don't think it will be an issue. Judging by @TT92 said I might lean towards AC. I do plan on getting PC3 eventually. I have seen the hate for PC3 and understand it but I love all types of racing games. Anyway how do they look on PS5? to be honest I like the fact that AC has more cars but I also like the GT3 & GT4 focus of ACC. So I don't know. I guess I may end up getting them both. Thanks for the replies

Both is probably your best bet if you want to experience in full what the AC series offers. I can't say how well they perform and look on PS5, as I don't own one yet, but ACC on PS4 has some performance issues that assumedly the better hardware of the PS5 will correct, however controller works great with ACC in my experience. Can't say about console version of AC original as I only own the PC version of that. However, on PC a controller for AC original works fine, so I doubt the console would be that much different.

I'd honestly go for the AC first, and then when you get the hang of that go for ACC too.

I might just do that. Just need to find the Ulitmate Edition with all of the DLC included

Back