Which Song(s) Makes You NostalgicMusic 

• Thread starter Vegard
  • 12 comments
Norway
Norway
I got the idea for this thread earlier today when I heard a song on the radio.
If you're half my age you've probably had a similar experience - memories from the past come to life when you hear a specific song.

Since we're a community of all types and ages it's guaranteed that not everyone will know your song, but don't worry about that; if you brighten one person's day up it's worth it.

In order to avoid slow page loading consider posting a link to your video rather than posting the video.

Last but not least, don't forget to tell why your song is special to you.

We used to have a party, every summer down at the lake. Hearing this song brought me back to those carefree teenage days.

Smoke City - Underwater Love

Last edited:
In order to avoid super slow page loading it's best for everyone if you post a link to your video or spoiler it.
FYI - Spoilered content still loads, it just doesn't display until you expand it.

- - - - -

There are a TON of songs that for one reason or another bring back memories for me.

The first song from my wedding
The Jeff Healey Band - Angel Eyes

My go-to song on my way to a friends house to help the band practice
Chris Duarte - My Way Down

Inevitably the song that was blasted from my Blazer when we were at the dirt track on our bikes
Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name (I shan't be linking that one)

I could keep going for a while!

TB
Does it make it any better if I tell you I almost convinced her to let me use Stevie Ray Vaughn's Lenny? So close. :lol:
Great as it is, it's just not as likely to get stuck in my head simply from reading the title. I really love "Angel Eyes"--John Hiatt, man--I think that was the better choice. And funny enough, Sheila and I danced to SRV (about half of "Riviera Paradise") at our marriage celebration, but our first was to Roxy Music's "Avalon".

She Sells Sanctuary by The Cult.

This song reminds me of clubbing in the alternative music scene during the early '90s. Which is strange, seeing as the track is from the mid-'80s! However, it was played a lot down my favourite club & became synonymous with the whole experience for me. Also, I never even knew the name of the track until a few years ago.

:cheers:

VBR
Also, I never even knew the name of the track until a few years ago.
That prelude reminds me of The Cure :bowdown:

Not unlike you, I've heard the song countless times before but I only recently learned the name of it and the band.

R.E.M. - Man On The Moon

and

Talking Heads - And She Was

Starting when she was little--and I mean very little--I'd hold my daughter in my arms and dance in front of the stereo quite often, and while I did this to a lot of different music, these two songs were picked with notable frequency (to the extent that I can hear them and immediately be transported back). As she got a little older and I could hold her upright, I'd sing along with that mock-Elvis "hey baby" in the R.E.M. song and she'd get the biggest grin on her face. When she got comfortable on two feet I'd drop to my knees and hold her hands as she bounced up and down to the music. It lasted until she was five or six, at which point she had no problem dancing on her own. I don't recall the point that it stopped, it just kind of became less frequent until it actually did. That happens.

Aaaaanyway...Monday is her 22nd birthday and I'm thinking about stuff.

I'd sing along with that mock-Elvis "hey baby" in the R.E.M. song
I do that too. Do you bobble your head and curl your lip as well? :lol:

Whitney Houston I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Summer of '87 - My family went on a road trip to the Italian riviera. My sister, always in charge of the music, had just bought the album Whitney. It felt like it was on repeat for the duration of the trip - 4 weeks. I have so many good memories associated with that album in general and with this song in particular.
Whenever I hear it I turn into that little kid sat in the back seat of an Opel Omega, traversing Europe for the first time.

Last edited:
I do that too. Do you bobble your head and curl your lip as well? :lol:
:lol:

Can't say I do. It was only something I ever did for her benefit, and I just leaned in a little closer when I did it, occasionally "booping" her nose with my own for added effect.

Latest Posts

Back