Which Steering Wheel for GT Sport (Experiences)

• Thread starter jaibee81
  • 37 comments
It doesn't, which is something I covered in the GTPlanet T-GT review. It definitely affects the value proposition of the wheel, since a good chunk of that price tag is really only for a single game. The rotary dials are also GT-unique — and sadly, same with the two analog sticks!

The analog sticks work in some other games as well. If I put my T-GT in the "Other" mode, the sticks are still recognized as imput by the PS4, only most games won't accept analog sticks form a "Thrustmaster T300", Farming simulator 17 does though (I know how useless this info is to most, but it works and is quite usefull whilst playing farming sim).

:cheers:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 14
If you're focused on GTS, then the TGT provides the best experience for your hands, but not necessarily for your feet.

If you enjoy multiple titles/platforms, then the Fanatic should be the serious contender. And their ecosystem is superior to Thrustmaster.

If you're on a budget, then the T150 is where I would start. You will gain insights as to what features are important to you and help your decision-making when it's time to trade up.

The T300 is a more robust version of the T150. It does everything pretty well and was my choice until I was able to purchase the TGT with a 40% discount.

The analog sticks work in some other games as well. If I put my T-GT in the "Other" mode, the sticks are still recognized as imput by the PS4, only most games won't accept analog sticks form a "Thrustmaster T300", Farming simulator 17 does though (I know how useless this info is to most, but it works and is quite usefull whilst playing farming sim).

How... unexpected. :lol:

@jaibee81 what "feeling" are you missing out on?

If I was really into Gt Sport... I think I'd splurge for the TG-GT and a set of V3 pedals.
I'm not sold on how the "sport" side of things is going... so, not going to invest in a $1000 GT specific wheel.
I like what I see regarding iRacing, so, that has me leaning towards a full Fanatic setup... CSL/V3...
But, not sure I have the time to commit to getting ranked into a position where the cars are available that I'm interested in.
So, T150 and t3pa pedals(cone brake) do just fine until I figure things out.

Last edited:
Which steering wheel could you recommend?
I own Thrustmaste t1 an mis th feelin w t ste
Can someone share his experiences for example with the Logitech G29 or other steering wheels?

Thanks

Hello !
I use a Logitech G29. It's the best price/quality wheel as I see. Can't tell, but i read that thrustmaster t300, t500 give a great road surface response, better than G29, but as I asked a lot of friends, won't make you faster in track.
Heard about lot of calibration problems with some t300-500 from my friends and didn't wanted them, so g29 was my choice and I am satisfied.
The only problem I met with it was the dial control button, sometime don't responde well, if want to change the TC or something during race it's annoying, don't have a smooth response , don't know if it's my unit with problem or it's a lack of response from all. Maybe other G29 owners can tell us about this issue.
Cheers !

Last edited:
Back