Which Steering Wheel for GT Sport (Experiences)

• Thread starter jaibee81
  • 37 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
jargsnork
It doesn't, which is something I covered in the GTPlanet T-GT review. It definitely affects the value proposition of the wheel, since a good chunk of that price tag is really only for a single game. The rotary dials are also GT-unique — and sadly, same with the two analog sticks!

The analog sticks work in some other games as well. If I put my T-GT in the "Other" mode, the sticks are still recognized as imput by the PS4, only most games won't accept analog sticks form a "Thrustmaster T300", Farming simulator 17 does though (I know how useless this info is to most, but it works and is quite usefull whilst playing farming sim).

Austria
Austria
RA-1784
:cheers:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 9
United States
United States
dabz343
If you're focused on GTS, then the TGT provides the best experience for your hands, but not necessarily for your feet.

If you enjoy multiple titles/platforms, then the Fanatic should be the serious contender. And their ecosystem is superior to Thrustmaster.

If you're on a budget, then the T150 is where I would start. You will gain insights as to what features are important to you and help your decision-making when it's time to trade up.

The T300 is a more robust version of the T150. It does everything pretty well and was my choice until I was able to purchase the TGT with a 40% discount.

SlipZtrEm

GTP Admin
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
The analog sticks work in some other games as well. If I put my T-GT in the "Other" mode, the sticks are still recognized as imput by the PS4, only most games won't accept analog sticks form a "Thrustmaster T300", Farming simulator 17 does though (I know how useless this info is to most, but it works and is quite usefull whilst playing farming sim).

How... unexpected. :lol:

United States
Phoenix Az.
HuddyBob
@jaibee81 what "feeling" are you missing out on?

If I was really into Gt Sport... I think I'd splurge for the TG-GT and a set of V3 pedals.
I'm not sold on how the "sport" side of things is going... so, not going to invest in a $1000 GT specific wheel.
I like what I see regarding iRacing, so, that has me leaning towards a full Fanatic setup... CSL/V3...
But, not sure I have the time to commit to getting ranked into a position where the cars are available that I'm interested in.
So, T150 and t3pa pedals(cone brake) do just fine until I figure things out.

Last edited:
Romania
Timisoara
Which steering wheel could you recommend?
I own Thrustmaste t1 an mis th feelin w t ste
Can someone share his experiences for example with the Logitech G29 or other steering wheels?

Thanks

Hello !
I use a Logitech G29. It's the best price/quality wheel as I see. Can't tell, but i read that thrustmaster t300, t500 give a great road surface response, better than G29, but as I asked a lot of friends, won't make you faster in track.
Heard about lot of calibration problems with some t300-500 from my friends and didn't wanted them, so g29 was my choice and I am satisfied.
The only problem I met with it was the dial control button, sometime don't responde well, if want to change the TC or something during race it's annoying, don't have a smooth response , don't know if it's my unit with problem or it's a lack of response from all. Maybe other G29 owners can tell us about this issue.
Cheers !

Last edited: