Which Turn Signals will you use in GT Sport?

• Thread starter AJFast12
  • 29 comments

Which turn signals will you use?

• Left Turn Signal

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Right Turn Signal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hazard Signals

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Left/Hazard Signals

• Right/Hazard Signals

• All 3 Signals

Votes: 32 86.5%

• Total voters
Is that what they spent months programming into the game? So when you want to let someone pass you can signal which side you're going to? And if you have damage and are going slow you can turn on the hazards? Really? How about automatically programming the hazards to go on when damage above a certain level is received. The things PD things are important details...

How about none? Anyone consider what button functions they are going to have to give up on their controller of choice in order to get working turn signals? Are you going to give up wipers? Handbrake? Look left/right/back?

How about none? Anyone consider what button functions they are going to have to give up on their controller of choice in order to get working turn signals? Are you going to give up wipers? Handbrake? Look left/right/back?

It was an issue with beta if you have a wheel. You can map them to the touch pad on the DS4 though.

I'll have to use my DS4 as a button box if I want to have all the options available, probably. Those who play on a DS4, may want a second one to use as a button box too... lol

It was an issue with beta if you have a wheel. You can map them to the touch pad on the DS4 though.

How did that work? Is there locational touch sensors in the DS4, so if you pressed different areas of the touch pad, it would operate the different types of lights?

How did that work? Is there locational touch sensors in the DS4, so if you pressed different areas of the touch pad, it would operate the different types of lights?

Yep, the right part of the touch pad can be assigned to something and the left part to something else.

Besides that it looks graphically stunning to use turning signals, hazard lights etc. what's the intention of using them in a race? Based on the beta experience the majority of the drivers (sometimes including myself for beta purposes ;) ) do not care if there are other cars on the same track.
Theoratically a great feature but I'm afraid in practice it does not really help to get a cleaner racing experience. Thinking out of the box: if you hit a car on purpose who already turned on e.g. hazard lights you get a double penalty. Challenge: how to measure if the collision is on purpose or not.

If I completely misunderstand the usage of turning signals in relation to GT Sport I'm willing to learn :)

Besides that it looks graphically stunning to use turning signals, hazard lights etc. what's the intention of using them in a race? Based on the beta experience the majority of the drivers (sometimes including myself for beta purposes ;) ) do not care if there are other cars on the same track.
Theoratically a great feature but I'm afraid in practice it does not really help to get a cleaner racing experience. Thinking out of the box: if you hit a car on purpose who already turned on e.g. hazard lights you get a double penalty. Challenge: how to measure if the collision is on purpose or not.

If I completely misunderstand the usage of turning signals in relation to GT Sport I'm willing to learn :)
I can see leagues coming up with some good suggestions for the use of signals. Perhaps signaling the intent to pit, which side to pass when being lapped or damaged etc. In generic online play with strangers I don't see much use for it other than giving you a false signal to sucker you into a rear end collision and ensuing damage and/or time penalty:sly:

Maybe for the FIA PD events, they will expand on the Copper Box experience - incorporating real racing rules for those championship events. That would give signalling some meaningful use.

For the beta, I had the hazards mapped to X and the left/right indicators to L2/R2 on my G29. I was also nowhere near to running out of buttons.

For the beta, I had the hazards mapped to X and the left/right indicators to L2/R2 on my G29. I was also nowhere near to running out of buttons.

Did you assign an option for flashing lights? I prefer L2/R2 to be the look left/right.

Is that what they spent months programming into the game? So when you want to let someone pass you can signal which side you're going to? And if you have damage and are going slow you can turn on the hazards? Really? How about automatically programming the hazards to go on when damage above a certain level is received. The things PD things are important details...

It's a pretty advanced turn signal if it takes months to program it :P

15 minutes would be a more realistic timeframe.

Back