Which wheel to buy in 2019 for Gran Turismo Sports?

• Thread starter dorafatx
  • 66 comments

Which wheel to buy in 2019 for Gran Turismo Sports?

• Fanatec CSL Elite

Votes: 34 42.5%
  • Thrustmaster T-GT

Votes: 31 38.8%
  • Logitech G29

Votes: 15 18.8%

• Total voters
Brazil
Brazil
I would be very happy with your opinion, if you do not want to read the whole story, in the end I asked the question **.

"I had a Logitech G29 and bought the Thrustmaster T-GT. After only 2 months of use, it started to lose its brake configuration (I do not use braking mode) in 15 minutes or less, the brake stays 50% even i push100% of the energy, I tried the updates, some things that the technical support requested and nothing ... so they gave me the option to give back the money, since the exchange could take a long time (I live in Brazil), now i am going to buy a G29 again or a Fanatec CSL Elite, since my training at the FIA Gran Turismo was interrupted by this problem with the TGT. Before buying the TGT I was already looking at Fanatec but I saw that many people here in the forum were having difficulties with Gran Turismo and I gave up on him.

** Today, January 2019, does the Fanatec CSL Elite wheel work 100% on Gran Turismo Sports? the problems of rotation and strength that many have complained about as they are now? Or is it still worth giving the Thrustmaster T-GT another chance?

Many thanks and sorry if google translator was not the best.

I just ordered a T300RS GT, there was a deal on where it was cheaper than the regular T300RS and G29 by over $100 so it made for an easy decision :)

The CSL and TGT are better than the G29, but there are big questions marks for me over the reliability of Thrusmaster and Fanatec, which is why I purchased the G29. Plus it was on sale for 40% off at the time. :D

Voted TGT if money is not a big deal. For me it doesn't seem worth it though.

Last edited:
I had a Thrustmaster T500RS but my son wanted it so I had to buy a new one and since the T500RS isn't available anymore I bought me the Thrustmaster T-GT. I race almost on a daily basis (have raced +40.000km with GTS) and until now I'm not disappointed with my T-GT. Steering is al little bit more sensitive but I liked the brakes from the T500RS better.

I've been running the CSL Elite for over 18 months without any hardware issues. I've not had a problem with the T-GT either, but it hasn't been around for as long here.

I'd say CSL if you plan on playing any other games, or platforms. It has better pedals (especially if you get the LC brake), and it still works out cheaper than the T-GT. The GT-specific features of the T-GT are cool, but they're just that: only available on a single game. I'm not sure what prices are like in your neck of the woods however, which may skew the comparison.

I have a TM Ferrari Alcantra set/pedal set and love it. Will have to see how long it lasts.

I have the same, added the F1 rim (got it for Christmas this year), and play GTS, PC2, F1 2018, Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally and haven't had any issues.. [knocking on wood]. I bought it second hand too, it performs well, and got it for a good price, picking it up used.

Wow! I'm still running a T-150 Pro with the upgraded pedals :scared:. But, in my defense, a wise man once told me "You can't miss what you never had". :lol:

On a serious note though. Are the wheels discussed above that much better? I've played the series from day 1, but this is my 1st time online, and on the wheel. I guess my real question would be what's so much better?

The feedback, the brake (CSL w/loadcell), the adjustability, the quality of materials. I ran a G29. It’s an awesome value and I was fast with it. I switched a month ago to CSL. It’s worth it for sure.

The feedback, the brake (CSL w/loadcell), the adjustability, the quality of materials. I ran a G29. It’s an awesome value and I was fast with it. I switched a month ago to CSL. It’s worth it for sure.
Thanks. Now I gotta start massaging my better half to see if I can squeeze some funds out her :lol:.

I think I'd instantly change from my T150 to a CSL if I knew that I will be able to use the CSL on a PS5. As there is no information at all, I'll rather wait.

And I wouldn't have bought the T150 if I had known at the time that I could use my trusty old G25 with Drivehub.
Atm, I'm running the T150 with the G25 pedals with the Ricmotech adapter as I find the brake in the T3PA pedals way too soft and I'm not sure whether the conical brake mod works flawlessly with GTS.

CSL Elite with load cell is the best combination for GT Sport and all other racing games on PS4. T-GT only has the rumble thingy and the buttons on the wheel. But, the steering wheel itself is only 28 cm and the pedals suck. Oh, and the refresh rate is 500 hz compared to the 1000 hz for the Elite. Bottom line: if you have the money, I recommend the Fanatec gear.

I always recommend to go with the ecosystem you prefer. Fanatec or Thrustmaster. That said if you are buying one for just GT sport then keep in mind that the T-GT is used competitevely.

I think I'd instantly change from my T150 to a CSL if I knew that I will be able to use the CSL on a PS5. As there is no information at all, I'll rather wait.

And I wouldn't have bought the T150 if I had known at the time that I could use my trusty old G25 with Drivehub.
Atm, I'm running the T150 with the G25 pedals with the Ricmotech adapter as I find the brake in the T3PA pedals way too soft and I'm not sure whether the conical brake mod works flawlessly with GTS.
Hopefully theyre compatible with ps5. Im also waiting but leaning towards csl. Based on the rumours we might learn something about the ps5 mid year.

As much as I would like it gt 7 is unikely to be a launch title anyway.

Hopefully theyre compatible with ps5. Im also waiting but leaning towards csl. Based on the rumours we might learn something about the ps5 mid year.

As much as I would like it gt 7 is unikely to be a launch title anyway.

the launch of the PS5, makes think ... but I don't want to wait! The life is now! tomorrow is another day, a new story ...

If you're brazilian than the G29 is the only one which you can get support from the company. Neither Fanatec or Thrusmaster offer customer support to Brazil.

I can only speak about the Fanatec wheel as I have not tried the of the others. You are correct. Initially the Fanatec wheel had "problems" because it was not fully implemented into the game. Now, that is not an issue. With the current firmware updates, the wheel is better than ever. Again, I have nothing to compare that to other than how the wheel initially performed. Fanatec and PD are constantly improving things through their firmware and software. If you choose to purchase Fanatec, you won't be disappointed.

I remember when Z28 first gave his initial response on how he felt the wheel performed. He wasn't all that thrilled about it. And to be fair, again, it wasn't fully implemented yet. I wish some of the "more famous" members of the community could and would chime in and tell us how they feel now.

Keith.

Good morning, partners. Today after upgrading my T-GT believe it, it has returned to 100%. I also noticed something that the steering wheel got heavier, the update must have modified the FFB. but no problems just get used to it!

Back