White Knight Chronicals

GTP_Powerslave
Anyone here playing this?

I am thinking of picking it up as the online sounds fun. Would be fun to have a group from here to play with instead of just pick up games with random people.

gamefly sent it to me last week, and i sent it back a few days later. I only played for 2-3hrs so i didn't give it a fair shot, but the characters and story did nothing for me. Also the fighting was not what i was hoping for. For instance you can target/begin your attack at a good distance, but you can't execute it till you are within striking distance, so after my attack (waiting to charge for another strike) you can roam free, so i run 1/2 way across the map to try and dodge hits from these little creatures with slashing attacks, but no matter how FAR i ran their attacks ALWAYS hit you, so whats the point of letting me run/roam around? I can't hit them unless close up, but they can hit me at any range. You can't block untill you charge again and then that wastes a turn. That annoying detail was 1 of my main gripes, the voice acting and dialogue is also sub-standard. In the beginning they have you create a character, which isn't the main character, he's the one you play online with, which was also a bit odd.

The online feature seemed ok, but i didn't try it. I may suggest renting before purchase. I don't know what i was expecting, but i lost interest very quickly. I'm a big FF fan and was hoping it would hold me over till FF release. :guilty:

Yeah i have watched a lot of videos and read a bunch of reviews. Thats why I havent got it yet. I couldnt wait for the game to come out, then the reviews hit and I started watching some gameplay videos and thought I better hold off on this one.

I guess I will either pick up Star Ocean or Dragon Age.

I kinda want it... I was this close to purchasing it on Friday but I decided I should read some reviews yet. I'd definitely want to play with some of you online if I got it though!

I kinda want it... I was this close to purchasing it on Friday but I decided I should read some reviews yet. I'd definitely want to play with some of you online if I got it though!

If you decide to get it let me know.
I think with a group of friends or people from here it would be fun online reguardless. I am not going to get it to play with a bunch of random people online though.

If you decide to get it let me know.
I think with a group of friends or people from here it would be fun online reguardless. I am not going to get it to play with a bunch of random people online though.

Well, I read a few reviews and they all seem to agree on two things: It's an easy game and with a flawed combat system and the levels are too maze-y. It really is a dissapointment... I was looking forward to this game, the previews on E3 as well as the videos posted on the PS blog looked really good. 👎 I'm also a very big fan of console multiplayer RPGs. :(

Yeah i have watched a lot of videos and read a bunch of reviews. Thats why I havent got it yet. I couldnt wait for the game to come out, then the reviews hit and I started watching some gameplay videos and thought I better hold off on this one.

I guess I will either pick up Star Ocean or Dragon Age.

Dragon Age is a really good game, I'm just waiting for the expansion so I can continue my journey. I've played through it 1,5 times.

at the moment I'm stuck dying in Demons Souls instead, also a good game.

Last edited:
Back