Who agrees?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Uday9479
  • 40 comments
  • 2,888 views
Messages
1,848
India
Mumbai
Messages
UnlikeUday
Who agrees that B-Spec racing in GT5 is the most frustrating & stupid feature?

No matter how experienced is the driver or what car is being driven, the driver will make mistakes either by skidding the car out of a turn or bang into a car on the turn & not go past it so as to overtake it!

This is very prominent in tight tracks such as Cote De Azur where I'm racing a Toyota 7 race car! I've used 13 & 22 exp point drivers but both are stupid in their own right & neither overtake when they should nor go past a skidded car! Instead it will bang into the car as we all know in B-spec all cars follow the same path!

This should've been taken care of since GT4!

What assists should be on or off? If the assist is on then what setting would you suggest?
 
Last edited:
I love my Bob. He has got me many cars i needed while i was sleeping....
 
I tried b-spec after a couple months of not touching it and I got frustrated immediately. The AI simply can't overtake. It's way too cautious when it shouldn't be and way too brave when there's not enough room.
 
Who agrees that B-Spec racing in GT5 is the most frustrating & stupid feature?

No matter how experienced is the driver or what car is being driven, the driver will make mistakes either by skidding the car out of a turn or bang into a car on the turn & not go past it so as to overtake it!

This is very prominent in tight tracks such as Cote De Azur where I'm racing a Toyota 7 race car! I've used 13 & 22 exp point drivers but both are stupid in their own right & neither overtake when they should nor go past a skidded car! Instead it will bang into the car as we all know in B-spec all cars follow the same path!

This should've been taken care of since GT4!

ähm.... this is when your driver overtakes at the end of the tunel... he will crash in the wall

but if we all know it... we can cool him down in tunel....


but if you say whole b spec is useless its wrong, if you dont can handle b spec..... do a spec only
 
It has it's problems but I love B-spec, more specifically remote racing. I think it is a fine feature that adds to the game.
 
B Spec is part of the game. Your higher level Bobs are pretty dang good. I recommend you don't go into the hard ones until he's at least 30 if possible.

To raise his level: get friends and remote race a lot. Don't forget to pay back by running races yourself.

PS: I had trouble at Monaco too in the Toyota 7. Mine kept getting stuck like a crazy magnet on that metal fence at entrance of chicane on back stretch (by water). Slow him down at end of tunnel if he's close to another car there.
 
It's frustrating as hell to begin with, yes.

Eventually though, you'll just have to accept the stupidity.

Then you learn to live with it, and even make the most of it.

And it's the same for B-Spec racing. HAW HAW!
 
I love B-spec, although there are changes I'd make. I'd like the ability to switch between A and B during enduros, like in GT4. I'd like better commands, or at least a better understanding of how to make my driver better. I'd also like B-spec practice sections back.

Above all else, I'd like B-spec to be included in GT6.
 
Uday9479
Who agrees that B-Spec racing in GT5 is the most frustrating & stupid feature?

No matter how experienced is the driver or what car is being driven, the driver will make mistakes either by skidding the car out of a turn or bang into a car on the turn & not go past it so as to overtake it!

This is very prominent in tight tracks such as Cote De Azur where I'm racing a Toyota 7 race car! I've used 13 & 22 exp point drivers but both are stupid in their own right & neither overtake when they should nor go past a skidded car! Instead it will bang into the car as we all know in B-spec all cars follow the same path!

This should've been taken care of since GT4!

What assists should be on or off? If the assist is on then what setting would you suggest?

Ok I agree on it not overtaking but the rest my bob doseint do and you can't change the aides on b-spec only tyres and all my bob dose is kill other cars on dream cars in a X1 (only time my 3 X1s get used)
 
I don't want to sound smart, but you probably do not know how to properly use Bspec mode.

First, it is a real-time mode - opposite to GT4 - and you have to "drive" and manage driving in real time.

Second, pure Lv number attached to driver doesn't mean he is Senna - you have to train him on different types of courses and different type of cars (tires) in order to develop his career stats.

And finally, mastering Bspec mode asks for logical foward thinking, massive amount of trial-and-error process and will to understand complexity of mode.

Of course, brute-trained LV40 driver will obliterate everything in suoped vehicle, but real challenge is to win in field of equal opponents. And that asks for time, patience and understang of how complex RPG engine under the surface develops a driver.
 
I wish I could have explained it like that. I only knew one thing. That it's more sophisticated than people realize.

Took me forever to come up with the word sophisticated. Had to look it up and everything. Sleep depravity wins!
 
I don't want to sound smart, but you probably do not know how to properly use Bspec mode.

First, it is a real-time mode - opposite to GT4 - and you have to "drive" and manage driving in real time.

Second, pure Lv number attached to driver doesn't mean he is Senna - you have to train him on different types of courses and different type of cars (tires) in order to develop his career stats.

And finally, mastering Bspec mode asks for logical foward thinking, massive amount of trial-and-error process and will to understand complexity of mode.

Of course, brute-trained LV40 driver will obliterate everything in suoped vehicle, but real challenge is to win in field of equal opponents. And that asks for time, patience and understang of how complex RPG engine under the surface develops a driver.

If you say manage B-spec by either selecting Increase Speed or Overtake & even though the entire track is open to overtake, the B-spec driver just bangs the car of the AI ahead! This situation only is regarding tight circuits! B-Spec would've been more fun for everyone if there were multiple lines that would've been taken by AI's & not just follow 1 behind the other! It would've been much more fun if the AI's would be more tactful, aggressive & late brakers!

Trial & Error in B-Spec is not much in our hands coz the stupid B-Spec driver will always not successfully overtake an AI car ahead of him even if that car is a bit slow or if there is plenty of space for the car to be overtaken! A-Spec definitely sharpens our skills but B-Spec has nothing to do with our skills! It's all about the programming!
 
BSpec feature is a keeper for me. Great idea with piss poor execution though unfortunately. They need to learn how to program this engine to pass properly, not constantly ram a car that's obviously dead ahead etc. Even lvl 40 Bobs engage in this infuriating behavior. It's PD's fault for not having the skill or engine to do it.

Also Pit Strategy? Lol. Pit on driver strength level as the only parameter is laughable. How about some real life strategy choices instead like pit on %tire wear, fuel %, number of laps etc to really flesh out the Managerial aspect that BSpec is really about.

Also put an end to drivers "chillin". It's a race not a Sunday drive. Everyone should be trying to win. This aspect cheapens the racing experience bigtime. If you are not in first place the driver should be pushing for that. 1st place should keep a pace that is rapid while managing tires etc. You can't tell me PD cant do this.

Minor quibble for me too is the driver retirement nonsense. Iv never gotten a driver past 185 races before he starts to decline. Soon as you get attached to driver and build him up he's soon done. And then it's off to the dreaded, time consuming name picking foolishness to find a name I like. Just let us type in a name we want and get to racing. Get rid of the retirement thing please.

Sounds like I hate BSpec but I love it since GT4 but it needs A LOT of fixing. Here's hoping the next update fixes it. Not holding breath though.
 
Last edited:
Gran Turismo should not have B-spec mode in it. We should be able to earn the cars playing the game ourselves, without the need to leave our PS3's on at night or while we're at work.

B-spec mode also wastes energy...
 
I love B-Spec courtesy of the Remote Races.

Nothing more, nothing less.
 
without the need to leave our PS3's on at night or while we're at work.

B-spec mode also wastes energy...
That's really the only reason I dislike the idea of racing B-Spec. It's too hardcore, thus time-consuming.

Update - fast-forward for B-Spec and for replays.
 
Hey cool off. It is useful mode, free money, better prize cars and adds more lifetime to the game. Oh and the remote race system what earns you money even when you don't play.

In my opinnion, B-Spec is really fun.
 
Hey cool off. It is useful mode, free money, better prize cars and adds more lifetime to the game. Oh and the remote race system what earns you money even when you don't play.

In my opinnion, B-Spec is really fun.

B-Spec is surely fun but I think it was much more worth in GT4 because there we could shuffle between A-Spec & B-Spec. It also had the most important feature which was 3x speed with which 24 hr races could be completed in 8hrs! I really don't think it's much worth spending our energy, electricity & time on 24 hr races!

B-Spec has its own fun but it should've been more polished than GT4 & not more blunt! We definitely win money, cars & exp points but sometimes the B-spec drivers drive great cars as if they are driving a shopping mall trolley! That's the only pissing off thing because the AI's are more aggressive in overtaking when compared to the B-Spec driver! If you don't command him to increase speed then he will come last & if you ask him to do so then he may overdo a corner & spin out! This all is in reference to circuits which aren't wide! On other tracks B-Spec works fine!
 
B-Spec is surely fun but I think it was much more worth in GT4 because there we could shuffle between A-Spec & B-Spec. It also had the most important feature which was 3x speed with which 24 hr races could be completed in 8hrs! I really don't think it's much worth spending our energy, electricity & time on 24 hr races!

B-Spec has its own fun but it should've been more polished than GT4 & not more blunt! We definitely win money, cars & exp points but sometimes the B-spec drivers drive great cars as if they are driving a shopping mall trolley! That's the only pissing off thing because the AI's are more aggressive in overtaking when compared to the B-Spec driver! If you don't command him to increase speed then he will come last & if you ask him to do so then he may overdo a corner & spin out! This all is in reference to circuits which aren't wide! On other tracks B-Spec works fine!

I also like this to be added, since I dont really want to do 24 hours on an A-spec when I could start it go through a few hours then switch it over to b without having to exit leave or restart the race.
 
I would come to love B-spec if I could train my Bobs by actually racing against them, or with them in a team, and let them gain experience and driving style from from ME. (adaptive AI to my style). Develop the whole experience process this way, and not just remote race and have random lvl 0 drivers win against a bunch of 35+ drivers. In it's current state, B-spec is pointless, other than to collect trophies and cars to help you get to lvl 20. I didn't touch B-spec until I was at A-35. Then I got to B-38 (from B-5) in 2 weeks from remote racing by total strangers. Game is flawed, but forgiveable. GT5 is the only forgiveable game there is, after having dealt with games from EA and Need for speed in the last 10 years.
 
I would say it is frustrating at times. I don't think I'd call it stupid though. Personally I did give it a go, but I don't care for it too much. It seems B-spec is one of those love/hate features of the game.
 
Am I the only one he isn't getting any troubles with the B spec drivers? Anyone actually coach the drivers properly? The only mistake I made was putting a comfort hard on a very overpowered rwd car. Everything else are smooth.
 
PS: I had trouble at Monaco too in the Toyota 7. Mine kept getting stuck like a crazy magnet on that metal fence at entrance of chicane on back stretch (by water). Slow him down at end of tunnel if he's close to another car there.

Yes, the armco (metal fence) at the Nouvelle Chicane....

Mine only stopped eating the wall if I slowed him down to ice-cold, which required more than one input of "pace down". Since he normally had cars nearby, he naturally heated up (like "pace up") on his own, so "pace down" really just combated his natural urge to pace up with nearby traffic, so to get him slow enough to stop eating armco I had to basically spam "pace down" for a while leading up to the armco, and he ended up falling behind the other cars who moved more quickly while simultaneously realizing that their cars can't move through walls.

My Bob never quite learned that two objects can't occupy the same place at the same time (him and a barrier).
 
+1 for me! I hate B-spec, grinding it just to get that damn x2010, nothing more!
 
It's a marriage of convenience which can be very frustrating but rewarding at the same time. Of course, it could be made redundant by bringing back a larger A-spec with higher prize money and more (random?) prize cars. But we haven't, so we need it.

Sometimes it's the only way to grind the cash for those big purchases, especially when you don't have the time to sit in front of your PS3 for hours every day.
 
Last edited:
Sometimes it's the only way to grind the cash for those big purchases, especially when you don't have the time to sit in front of your PS3 for hours every day.

Oh, that is a MAJOR reason why people find B-Spec to be useful. A lot of people simply don't have the time. 👍
 
Bspec ain't so bad. I've had drivers do full endurance races without cocking up.
 
I wouldn't mind a bob to share the seat with in enduro's, but a whole game mode devoted to such stuff is a waste of disc space imho :)
 
Back