Who agrees?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Uday9479
  • 40 comments
  • 2,888 views
Have to agree to a certain extent. It's one of those things that just because you don't LIKE B-Spec like others do, it doesn't mean it should be taken out. There are people who really enjoy it. And it's there for a reason.
 
I just hate how B-spec got it's own separate game mode and how the races are longer than in A-spec. It was perfectly fine the way it was in GT4. And things that made B-spec useful in GT4, like being able to speed up time and being able to have your driver help you out in endurance races, have disappeared. It's just mind boggling why these were removed.

The only good thing for me about B-spec is remote racing so I can get easy money. Nothing more.
 
Last edited:
Who agrees that B-Spec racing in GT5 is the most frustrating & stupid feature?

No matter how experienced is the driver or what car is being driven, the driver will make mistakes either by skidding the car out of a turn or bang into a car on the turn & not go past it so as to overtake it!

This is very prominent in tight tracks such as Cote De Azur where I'm racing a Toyota 7 race car! I've used 13 & 22 exp point drivers but both are stupid in their own right & neither overtake when they should nor go past a skidded car! Instead it will bang into the car as we all know in B-spec all cars follow the same path!

This should've been taken care of since GT4!

What assists should be on or off? If the assist is on then what setting would you suggest?

B-spec does get better when you get higher up.
 
B-Spec has a certain appeal - I don't hate it or anything - but if I'm being honest, it's pretty preposterous. I mean, come on, who isn't throwing Bob into the fastest possible car just to get the damn thing over with? It's not like it's remotely enjoyable to lose a B-Spec race and have to run it again, especially when the races are so much longer than their A-Spec cousins.

I like it for the effortless money and free cars, but that's about the extent of it. I'd much rather just watch a replay of one of my own races, all things considered.
 
B-Spec has a certain appeal - I don't hate it or anything - but if I'm being honest, it's pretty preposterous. I mean, come on, who isn't throwing Bob into the fastest possible car just to get the damn thing over with? It's not like it's remotely enjoyable to lose a B-Spec race and have to run it again, especially when the races are so much longer than their A-Spec cousins.

I like it for the effortless money and free cars, but that's about the extent of it. I'd much rather just watch a replay of one of my own races, all things considered.

I completely agree. Before I started remote racing, I didn't do B-spec mode until I got a X2010 and I just threw my drivers in that car if it was allowed to enter. After that I just stepped away. Ridiculously easy money and like I said, that's the only good thing I can get out of it.

I'm not wasting time directing AI drivers when I could be racing myself. 👎
 
B-spec to me, in the way it's implemented in GT5, is just boring beyond belief.
Yes it might be clever and complicated and require smart decisions and instuctions (which I all already put into practice since I'm at level 40 with all events golded, all trophies and 3 level 40 Bobs so I know how to use it but will never touch the offline mode again and thankfully don't 'have' to) but since it isn't integrated into A-spec (like it worked perfectly fine in GT4) and you can't speed it up (again how it was in GT4) it basically is the game being played by the game which to me is indeed a waste of time and energy.

Now with remote racing you receive money by other players letting the game play the game and although it might be an easy moneymaker for many people, the only time I use remote racing is to return the favour whilst simultaneously recharging my controller....

Some might like it but there's no fun in using B-spec for me (I only used it to acquire the prize cars, and yes, for game completion, etc.).
It might be different if it were truly something completely different than being basically a real time replay with extra data being displayed, for example a sort of first person mode where you could walk around the pit-area as the team manager giving instructions to mechanics, get info from different engineers and decide which advice to take or make up your own tactics, walk to the monitor to follow the race, talk to the driver, etc., etc.
If B-spec remains a separate mode, then make it something completely different, fun and interesting to experience and make it more worthwhile than simply being an automated version of A-spec which it is to me despite all the apparant cleverness behind it.
 
Utterly useless waste of time. I bought a racing game to race, not spam a 'speed up' button like a 15 minute quicktime event. It is just incredibly stupid, this bspec nonsense. If it is included at all, it should be as it was in GT4...
 
I understand where people are coming from when they say it's boring and pointless, but perhaps that's because it hasn't been pushed far enough and does just become a cash cow you run overnight or remotely. The instructions are minimal and it could be more involving. If it was more like a management-style section of the game then that could be worth it, especially with big payouts as well. Just more communication with the driver would be an improvement - although I still wouldn't fancy being up all night chatting away to my Bobs during 24hr enduros! :boggled: In-game saves please. 💡

I'd also like to add that now the Seasonals hang around I've stopped using B-Spec for cash as I can rack up 1 or 2 mill in an evening without it - and more fun!
 
Last edited:
Without my Bobs I wouldn't have gotten to 16 million Cr. That's all I have to say on this matter... :sly:
 
I think B-Spec Bob gets a much better GT5 that I do. I have to do stupid puny 5 laps races. Bob gets proper races of 20 or 30 lap races in the Extreme Hall and on top of that he even gets fuel use and tyre wear.
 
I think B-Spec Bob gets a much better GT5 that I do. I have to do stupid puny 5 laps races. Bob gets proper races of 20 or 30 lap races in the Extreme Hall and on top of that he even gets fuel use and tyre wear.

Bob jealousy! That's a new one. :lol:

I do see where you're coming from tho...
 
Back