Who are your motorcycle racing heroes ?.

United Kingdom
Somewhere only we know.
FanofGT5
They can be riders from any type of bike racing, including trials riding and from any era :).

S&S

Last edited:
Why are there no women in bike racing ?.

Theres at least two that I know of. Elena Myers and Melissa Paris, both race AMA pro superbike. Anyway, my motorcycle hero currently is good ol' Vale46. I've followed Rossi since he first started his 125 career and have liked him ever since.

Edit: Just saw that you were from the UK, which would make sense that you didn't know about those two in AMA :dunce:

Last edited:
It has to be Max Biaggi for me. I followed him since before I remember, and have met him 4 times (each with a signed hat to prove it!) Now that he's not racing, WSBK isn't the same for me. These days I don't follow anyone in it.

Why are there no women in bike racing ?.

There are, that's why.

Mine are purely from the IOM TT races.Joey Dunlop, Micheal Dunlop, Robert Dunlop, 14 times world champion Giacomo Agostini, Phil Read, Guy Martin, John Mcguiness and Mike Hailwood.Oh and ofcourse Rocket Ron Haslam.

Last edited:
^^^ If we're going for TT riders, is have to say David Jefferies. Obviously Joey Dunlop was an amazing rider, and he goes without saying, but I've never been a big fan of Michael Dunlop to be honest.

Where does Ian Hutchinson come in your list, considering he was the first person to win 5/5 races in a week?

Rossi of course, Guy Martin (Because he's out of his mind.), and my Dad, because riding the bike to the track, ripping the lights off, and then finishing 4th in the wet with a field featuring Irish champions is awesome.

Back