Who do you miss? Formerly active gtp user who disappeared ...

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 927 comments
Out of the blue, I just remembered @Scaff hasn't been around for some time now... Looking at his profile, March 24 was the last we've seen of him.

Because it has been a while since I had a PlayStation, I haven't been able to check if he has been active on the PS Network. Scaff's Sim Racing has been quiet for some time now as well.

Hopefully he's doing fine and just took some time off the internet. It wouldn't be the first time as well.

Out of the blue, I just remembered @Scaff hasn't been around for some time now... Looking at his profile, March 24 was the last we've seen of him.

Because it has been a while since I had a PlayStation, I haven't been able to check if he has been active on the PS Network. Scaff's Sim Racing has been quiet for some time now as well.

Hopefully he's doing fine and just took some time off the internet. It wouldn't be the first time as well.
I think he's just got a new job hasn't he? It could well be that.

I don’t think it’s normal to get an emotional upwelling when clicking a thread link, but there are certainly some missed members that stir melancholy in me.

IRL I’ve had the pleasure of a beer or several with just a couple of members (or vicariously through family) but there’s certainly a lot more that I’d cheers with if they were around more/still.

Last edited:
Just randomly remembered @ShaolinMasta while thinking about how we used to edit screenshots from GT5 and GT6 for hours, and now with Photoshop Firefly and generative fill (Ai), all of that could be done with a few simple clicks.

He was one of my fav creators. Hasn’t been around since November last year.

@Cano is no longer missing.
Well, since I stopped using the forum due to work load some years ago, I still used to come back every year to 'watch' Le Mans with the community... but since the last few years the race was as interesting as seeing paint dry, I literally didn't even bother tuning in... so I kinda also forgot to come back here :crazy:
I've been roaming around the forums again and it's been pretty nostalgic :lol: and the work load isn't there anymore, so I think I'll come visit waaaay more often than once a year (:

Well, since I stopped using the forum due to work load some years ago, I still used to come back every year to 'watch' Le Mans with the community... but since the last few years the race was as interesting as seeing paint dry, I literally didn't even bother tuning in... so I kinda also forgot to come back here :crazy:
I've been roaming around the forums again and it's been pretty nostalgic :lol: and the work load isn't there anymore, so I think I'll come visit waaaay more often than once a year (:
Do you still work for the hot rod magazine? I used to enjoy your knowledge of pretty much every old car ever made.

Do you still work for the hot rod magazine? I used to enjoy your knowledge of pretty much every old car ever made.
nah, all the car magazines (ALL of them) over here went belly-up with the pandemic, been 'unemployed' in the car journalism industry since 2021 I think 🤔 was pretty burned up after almost 18 years at it anyway... problem is, I haven't really found an stable job after that haha, so I've been living off drawing cars since then :crazy:

I haven't spoken to him directly, but he has been active on a beer tracking app we connected on.

Actually, where’s @Danny these days?

1000054907.gif

I'm around! Stopping by every couple of years to ask you all to keep the noise down.

Edit: Oh man, sad news about Chris/kikie. God bless, you little monkey man.

Last edited:
I actually miss Jordan posting on here, I haven't seen him post much here within the last 2 years. Other than that I don't really know which members I've missed. See I've only been on here for a little over 2 years(since August 2021). It's not like I've been on here for 5-10 years.

Fumes still about? His tunes on Gtvault helped me so much back in the day.

Tosk? From the old torc forum?

I honestly don't remember many names from here at all. I've never really posted much in nearly 20 years but I did come across from racing line before shifter decided to close the forum. Can't remember the full story as to why.

Edit: Oh yeah he started banning people who he didn't like.

Last edited:
I actually miss Jordan posting on here, I haven't seen him post much here within the last 2 years. Other than that I don't really know which members I've missed. See I've only been on here for a little over 2 years(since August 2021). It's not like I've been on here for 5-10 years.
Yeah, where did @Jordan go?

Thanks for that, I miss posting a lot as well. There are so many discussions I want to jump into, but I'm in a seemingly endless battle with my GTP to-do (and want-to-do) list involving things behind the scenes, and keeping the lights on around here has to take priority. There's just never enough time in the day.

Thanks for that, I miss posting a lot as well. There are so many discussions I want to jump into, but I'm in a seemingly endless battle with my GTP to-do (and want-to-do) list involving things behind the scenes, and keeping the lights on around here has to take priority. There's just never enough time in the day.
We all appreciate you, boss! :cheers:

Nice to see you still around Jordan. Lol, I wish there were 36 hours in a day. There's just so much to do around the house where we are. I know the feeling.

Back