Who do you miss? Formerly active gtp user who disappeared ...

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 927 comments
Trinidad and Tobago
F1 chimp land
AnotherStory
Hello everybody!

Don`t know if this is the correct place to open the thread. But I felt it wouldn`t be right in the "off-topic" section due to the relation to gtplanet.

All good things come to an end. I know.
But are there any special people you are missing? Obviously most are gone because they walked on in life, with another game... Some may have rage quitted because of this and that... Some were banned for certain reasons...

Who do you still have in mind?

I will start with one guy (I could name a few) who was one of three mates who helped me to get a good start here on :gtplanet:.
He made me feel welcome in this forum. Special guy and always worth a 👍

Igwyana

Last edited:
Smallhorses.
He's not gone, but he used to be active in the GT4 races, and he was very quick.

I remember that I first got back onto GTP because of GT4 TT's, and I always saw him at the top of the leaderboards.

After a bit of practice I was able to compete against him on a regular basis, many times there was less than a tenth of a second between us, the closest was when he beat me by .015 of a second.

It was a sad day when his DFGT broke.

Haven't seen Wolfe around in quite a long time. He didn't really like GT4 and wasn't expecting much of GT5, so I guess he just moved on.

And Doug of course. I miss the shouting matches we would always get into. Except when we arbitrarily decided to agree on things instead.

Gamerdog6482( good friend)
Mr bean(obsessive rules)
I love gt5(still comes here, but not often)
I miss igwyana too.

I used to race with him, had no idea he wasn't still around, but I think the GT5 boom brought many people here (including me) and some of them just hang around before fading out of site.

I often wonder if HOODFIELD is still abound as he gave me my first taste of premo, and of course axletramp who mysteriously vanished into my basement and was never heard of again.

Gamerdog6482( good friend)
Mr bean(obsessive rules)
I love gt5(still comes here, but not often)
I miss igwyana too.

I agree with the first 3. Never saw igwyana on the forums though. Guessing he left before I joined or something?

CAM, formerly CAMjhr. He was around a lot when I first joined, always the first to answer in the Q&A forum. I haven't seen him around recently.
EDIT: he seems to be posting in the Sports forum recently, so that's why I haven't seen much of him. :dunce:

Last edited:
I miss gamerdog, but what can I do about it?

And I wish I was around long enough to know who Josh or Rumple Foreskin was. :/

masterrawad
I miss gamerdog, but what can I do about it?

And I wish I was around long enough to know who Josh or Rumple Foreskin was. :/

I remember rumple a little bit, but not much.

Off the top of my head:

antihero (later known as tait), Klostrophobic, Race Idiot and Jimmy Enslashay.

Off the top of my head:

antihero (later known as tait), Klostrophobic, Race Idiot and Jimmy Enslashay.

I met antihero years and years ago at the Campus Cup finals, that brought back some memories. Last I remember he changed his major, but no idea where he might be now...

Swiss Legend and alexwrc are two more GT4 Photomode veterans I miss a lot. Swiss popped back intermittently during GT5's release, but Alex just sort of dropped away, never heard from again :(

He is going quite well these days.. He is in a Sydney rock band 👍 managed to get some good airtime on the local radio station too!!
That's great to know. 👍

EDIT:

I met antihero years and years ago at the Campus Cup finals, that brought back some memories. Last I remember he changed his major, but no idea where he might be now...
How many years ago?

His last posts here on GTP are from 2008 (from a time when I didn't come here at all).

I even sent him a PM once, but nothing came out of it.

Duke - seems to stay out of the opinions section these days. Also ///M-Spec has been distant. I would say Sage but he has always kept his posting to a minimum, so it's hard to tell when he's around and not.

Wolfe is one of the regulars who leaves a hole. JohnBM is still around, but rarely.

Young Warrior, anyone? I could use a good laugh.

Wolfe is one of the regulars who leaves a hole. JohnBM is still around, but rarely.

Young Warrior, anyone? I could use a good laugh.

JohnBM01 is present in the sports and motorsports sections almost daily.

I haven't seen soniae74 in almost a year myself.

Back