Who do you think is better: Rage Against The Machine or Audioslave?Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter wee_man
  • 41 comments
  • 2,140 views

Who's better: Rage Against The Machine or Audioslave?

  • Rage Against The Machine

    Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Audioslave

    Votes: 9 40.9%

  • Total voters
    22
Right the order of release was:
1) Rage Against The Machine
2) Evil Empire
3 Battle of Los Angeles
4) Renegades (often called RAGE cos it's got RAGE not Renegades written on the front!)

Yes I was one lucks S.O.B. to see them live

And Mistay if you're only getting a new CD every 2 weeks you're spending nowhere near enough!
 
without the singer, they are nothing. same thing with sublime and some other bands.
 
Originally posted by kin
without the singer, they are nothing. same thing with sublime and some other bands.


Tom Morello, Brad Wilk, and Tim C. are three of the best musicians around, how can you say it's just the singer? Are you deaf or something, haven't you heard Tom Morello on the guitar?

As for Sublime, I've heard the argument before, and Brad Nowell was definitely a huge part of Sublime, but without solid bass and drums, they wouldn't be anywhere. Bud and Eric are still doing fine without Brad in the Long Beach Dub Allstars, anyway.
 
Originally posted by kristof
Mistay, get their first album, you wouldn't believe that it's from 1991, and it's easily their best!

Yup, I bought it today for £6 allong with songs for the deaf, for £8 with a dvd. I must admit it has to be the best sounding RATM album out of the three that I own.
 
I don't really see that RAGE and Audioslave could be a comparison. I find their music very different from eachothers.

But if I got to pick, it's gonna be Rage.
 
Actually, I prefer RATM's first album to the Audioslave stuff I've heard on the radio. Cornell and the band haven't found the chemistry yet. The later RATM stuff isn't that good, though, and not worth putting up with the vocals. So I prefer Audislave to anything but the first album.

I actually hate Zack Delaroche's "singing" and the lyrics make it like reading a conspiracy theory website while getting dental work. I'd give $50 for a copy of Rage's first album with the vocal tracks removed.
 
Originally posted by boombexus
I don't really see that RAGE and Audioslave could be a comparison. I find their music very different from eachothers.

But if I got to pick, it's gonna be Rage.

Well this is for people who don't know. Audioslave is basically Rage Against The Machine, except with a different singer. Zack Delaroche left Rage and was replaced Chris Cornell. Hence the comparison (the old band compared to the new band).

Also I thought thgat Zak De La Roches singing is what helped make the band. And that with the introduction of Cornell as you said Audio don't quite have the chemistry.
 
I like Rage better, but Audioslave is growing on me. Cornell just has such a badass voice it's hard not to like it.
 
Back