Who Do You Think Should be the Next James Bond?

• Thread starter buickgnx88
  • 9 comments

buickgnx88

That Guy Over There
Premium
United States
Anoka, MN
Now that it has been roughly 16 years since it was announced that Daniel Craig is the next Bond, and with his final movie being released this year, the question is who should play Bond next? Should they stick to the typical description of a British white male, or should they change it up?

Personally I lean towards Tom Hiddleston since he has the suave demeanor, and yet has a great comedic side (I have a soft spot for Pierce Brosnan's witty quips in his movies). Plus, he is only 40, which is about midpack for "starting age" of the Bond actors.

Personally I lean towards Tom Hiddleston since he has the suave demeanor, and yet has a great comedic side (I have a soft spot for Pierce Brosnan's witty quips in his movies). Plus, he is only 40, which is about midpack for "starting age" of the Bond actors.
I think they need someone who's not as well established as Hiddleston is now, though he could well have been spot on to return bond to a less Jason Bourne-esque character - return a bit of class to the role :D Henry Cavill's name has been mentioned a few times, but I'm not really sold on that at all, but maybe it's just 'cus I thought the latest Superman films were garbage.

I'm personally hoping they change course again and get things back to being more about the adventures Bond has, and less about Bond, his past, and how tormented and damaged he is.

If I'm being honest, none of the names bandied about makes me instantly go, "Oh, that's definitely Bond."

Maybe someone from theatre, a relative unknown outside the stage, might be a better pick.

Other than that, Cavill is as good as you can hope to get as an 'ideal' Bond - a Brit, good looking, reasonably tall(ish), well-built and looks good in suits (Have you seen him in Man from UNCLE? He's rather suave even though he's playing an American spy).

I guess the new pick will depend on the new direction the producers want to go with. If I remember correctly, they picked Craig because they wanted to do a more realistic, gritty style of films a la Jason Bourne.

Last edited:
Mathilde... ;)

Have to assume our wishes are irrelevant at this stage, because for sure they have already been cast and signed up. The only reason they haven't been announced yet is because of the delay in the release of NTTD.

I've not seen anyone recently who has stood out as an obvious candidate.

But then, everyone was surprised when Daniel Craig was announced.

I dont think it will be any of the names that have been touted by the press. It will be someone who we've not considered, I believe.

Who do i hope it is? Well, whoever Barbara and Michael choose. Because let's face it they're better at it than any of us.

Last edited:
For a more serious post, I could see the next 007 being a lesbian, but not in an exploitative way. More so that this new 007 would be framed as being a morally grey person for being so sexually aggressive - insofar that she resembles the Sean Connery-era 007 in how she treats women. Also, whoever the next 007 is, I want them to drive a Cygnet at some point.

Back