Who else feel the same?

  • Thread starter Thread starter georgetigra
  • 68 comments
  • 5,885 views
Messages
559
Greece
Greece
Messages
geo_opel_tigra
I think PD with the new GT lost their way
GT Lost his soul...
Lost all those things that we loved...
is The worst GT ever made..
Love only the physics and the sound but
hate the car list
hate the thing that there is not classical career
hate this simple tune..
The gt is not the gt that we loved...
A remastered gt 6 with new sound, graphics, physics,the new photo mode, better track editor and all those that PD promise for 6
Like livery editor it will be way better....
Then they can ad this FIA championship...
This GT that I write above it could be the best GT ever! not this Joke...
What you love and what you hate in the new GT?
 
Last edited:
Pd forgot the little guy the mass market casual, that want's to drive his regualr real life car in the game modify the living hell out of it and spank some exotics and GTRs on his way to winning races and progressing in the game.

Nothing was more fun and meaningful then taking that old 5th gen Celica turbo all trac and running down first evos Sti's then Gtrs and Ferraris. The game has lost meaning to most, it lost heart and soul that connection many shared to that car or few special cars they drove in GT.
 
evolution that is all. yeah I miss the old days of buying some cheapo car and working it hard to make more cash to upgrade to a new model or more updates - but in today's world it is about connected gaming, so they probably got rid of the old elements to make the online experience more seamless.....
 
Personally, I've clocked in around 30 hours on GT Sport so far, and I'd have to respectfully disagree with your opinion. With the exception of the server issues, this has to be the best GT that they've made since GT 2. Not to take away from GT 3 or GT 5 by any means - they were both great games for their time. But this game is just so consistent, it finally feels like racing, and it really gets my adrenaline going when I'm down to the last sector sitting on the rear bumper of 1st place. Not to mention, finally a console racer where you can race online without fear of being punted off the road by any and everyone else on the track.

Online lobbies, they have their issues, but show me a game where i can run bumper to bumper with someone thats on the other end of the world (Aus and USA) and not worry about them lagging out and knocking me off the track?

The campaign is great too, I'm shocking at Bathurst, always have been, and I've always avoided it like the plague. Circuit experience is definitely inspiring some confidence in me getting down that mountain without contact to those damn walls.

The AI, the best in a GT series so far (granted I didn't play 6) I've had some really close 30+ lap races where I've seen them cover inside lines, and take advantage of me leaving them too much space. Its so much more rewarding placing 3rd against AI in an endurance race rather than blitzing them all on the 1st lap.

The FIA have clearly had an input on the requirements for the game, and Im excited to see how these championships work out next month.

Its been said before on this site, but once the review season blows over and people come to grips with this not being a traditional GT game, I do think GT Sport will be looked to as a masterpiece.

At the end of the day, I'm having the most fun I've had in a GT game in a long time.
 
To me it was clear at the start this game is taking a different line. Thats why its not called GT7 its not the follow on the GT6 maybe later PD might release a GT7 but not till GT Sport is at its end but I doubt it.
 
I was really bummed for a while after I found out the classic career mode was out, along with the used car lot and standards, but... I'm really lovin GT Sport, a lot more than I thought I would. The challenges that take the place of the career mode are actually very good, tough and there's a good bit them, and while it's no replacement for the old solo race and championship series, I gotta wonder if they wont bring some version of that back in an update or DLC, (fingers-crossed). In the meantime the livery editor and sharing is top notch, really adds to the depth.
 
It’s called GT Sport not GT7 for a reason.

A lot of players are missing the career mode, there is a custom race section that has options for extremely good AI racing and it pays really well.
 
Last edited:
To me it was clear at the start this game is taking a different line. Thats why its not called GT7 its not the follow on the GT6 maybe later PD might release a GT7 but not till GT Sport is at its end but I doubt it.
Completely agree!

From the day it was announced it was going to be different, with a focus on online racing. I don't think there will be another GT for a long time but i'm confident there will be - it may even be on the next gen console (If there is one!).
 
I'd have to disagree with you OP. Sure this game lacks the content, cars, and career mode of the previous games, but its gameplay more than makes up for it. I've never had more fun racing in a Gran Turismo game than I have with GT Sport.

Things I love about GT Sport:
- The Driving Physics is damn near perfect.
- The graphics and sounds are perfect.
- The feeling of each car is spot-on. Each car feels and drives like their real-life counterpart.
- The AI opponents are fun to race against and so much better than previous GT games.
- Put all that together (physics, graphics, sounds, car feelings, AI) and you get the best racing experience of any Gran Turismo to date.
- The livery editor, scapes mode, and car museums are a nice addition.

Things I don't like about GT Sport:
- Lack of cars and diversity in the car selection.
- Sports Mode needs tweaking. Racing on the same track for a week is redundant
- Can't save progress without being online.
- Most importantly: No career mode. I think it's a huge shame they didn't include a single-player career mode in this one. I think GT Sport is actually the most well suited Gran Turismo for a single-player career mode given how great the gameplay and AI are.

With that said GT Sport is still awesome. If it had a career mode and better car selection it'd be the most perfect racing game of all time. Even without it though, it's still amazing. I'm having loads of fun playing it!
 
Last edited:
I can't believe in a thread like this not one person has yet mentioned "Where are all the tracks from GT6?"

I also totally agree, this version has lost it's way. It is now nothing more than an arcade game with fictional cars on fictional tracks. Where are the"real" cars and the "real" tracks from GT6.

I still can't believe that a Japanese company would leave out three epic Japanese tracks, Mt Fuji, Motegi and Tsukuba. I wont even mention how there isn't a classic Yank muscle in in sight >:-(

All I can say is I am thankful for the lack of Go-Karts (there is 1) and Moon buggies ;-)
 
- The Driving Physics is damn near perfect.
Not by quite a long way is it damn near perfect.

It may be enjoyable, but strongly realistic it's demonstrably not.

- The feeling of each car is spot-on. Each car feels and drives like their real-life counterpart.
Again no.

I've driven a number of the road cars in GTS and a good number of them feel utterly alien in comparison to the real thing.

GTS for many is an enjoyable and accessible on-line racer, but a hard-core sim that nails the physics and feedback of the actual cars presented is something its most certainly not.
 
Am I the only one who thinks GT Sport is nothing more than an Esport spinoff? And that they are going back to the classic GT style in the next series?

The game itself isn't bad, if anything it had more content than the GT5 Prologue which I don't remember most people ever complained about.
 
Again... you have "The GT Sport Epic Whining and Crying Thread" for these :censored:posts.
 
Last edited:
Welcome to 2017 : Games are not finished when they get released, they are finished after 3 years and 50 DLC's

Not saying I like this "tactic" but it keeps the game interesting for a few years. Project cars 2 has much more cars and tracks (but no carreer mode either), but I think when all the DLC's are released fot GTS, the game will be much bigger than PC2. Also, I wouldn't be suprised if they add a carreer mode at some point.

And tbh, I don't really miss the carreer mode. in previous gt's, you had an overpowered car and every single race, you have to start in the back, overtake all the grandma's in front of you and finish first after 2 laps. That's not racing. Real racing is staying right battling for position for a few laps.
 
- The Driving Physics is damn near perfect.
Not even close.Have you tried AC or Automobilista -examples-?
- The graphics and sounds are perfect.
Perfect?No.
Graphics are excellent and sounds are improved.
- The feeling of each car is spot-on. Each car feels and drives like their real-life counterpart.
Again you are wrong.Unless you have actually driven in real life every single car and you are a PRO driver,there is no way you can make a valid point about this.
- The AI opponents are fun to race against and so much better than previous GT games.
AI is improved,thats true.
- Put all that together (physics, graphics, sounds, car feelings, AI) and you get the best racing experience of any Gran Turismo to date.
People that dont like online racing have other opinion about this.Plus since your points are not spot on,someone could question this.
- The livery editor, scapes mode, and car museums are a nice addition.
Nice addition but you can live without those in a "sim" racing game.

- Lack of cars and diversity in the car selection.
True.In a game that is about racing cars,the car list is not as good as it should.That is a big negative-add tracks to that list-.
- Sports Mode needs tweaking. Racing on the same track for a week is redundant
Most of e-sports racing games have similar scedule.
- Can't save progress without being online.
Thats a developers choice and I dont think they are going to change that.
- Most importantly: No career mode. I think it's a huge shame they didn't include a single-player career mode in this one. I think GT Sport is actually the most well suited Gran Turismo for a single-player career mode given how great the gameplay and AI are.
The point of GTS is to make an e-sports/online racing game.So career mode is not needed -from PD view-.
With that said GT Sport is still awesome. If it had a career mode and better car selection it'd be the most perfect racing game of all time. Even without it though, it's still amazing. I'm having loads of fun playing it!
Perfect?Not even close.Even adding a career mode would not make it perfect.
Spot on physics,dynamic weather,time progression are just some of the elements you need,in order to try and create a perfect sim racing game.
Since GTS is missing more that just "career" mode,how could that only make a perfect game?
BTW you missed on the best part of the game:
Its really fun to play and it has a good online platform to do that -even though the rating system is not doing what it is supposed to do-.Its addictive and fun.
 
Last edited:
Again... you have "The GT Sport Epic Whining and Crying Thread" for these :censored:posts.

Whilst I agree there are far too many of these similar threads popping up daily, suggesting that they should be restricted to one and only one thread smacks a bit like censorship.
 
I couldn't agree with you more
 
I think PD with the new GT lost their way
GT Lost his soul...
Lost all those things that we loved...
is The worst GT ever made..
Love only the physics and the sound but
hate the car list
hate the thing that there is not classical career
hate this simple tune..
The gt is not the gt that we loved...
A remastered gt 6 with new sound, graphics, physics,the new photo mode, better track editor and all those that PD promise for 6
Like livery editor it will be way better....
Then they can ad this FIA championship...
This GT that I write above it could be the best GT ever! not this Joke...
What you love and what you hate in the new GT?

I think you might be right, but for all the wrong reasons.
GT Sport is the soul of GT games, it takes that core idea of making a racing game as realistic and approachable as possible, so what we get is a fun compromise in the middle, and GTS has by far the best physics of any GT game.

I didn't love GT5's painful grind to unlock cars I wanted to drive and while GT6 was an improvement, but having to hope the used car section updated with the car I needed, just so I could just win an easy race series wasn't something I loved.

Car selection isn't great, but mainly because it features too many VGT cars.
Simple tuning makes sense as it's based on Sports car racing where you can't just bolt on anything you like.

What you then go onto talk about is them making what would be GT7, which, isn't feasible. You then also want them to improve every feature the game already has (you'd think they'd have made it the best they can for GTS), and then after they have carried out this impossible task, to then make GTS as DLC?

Yeah, that would be great, but I like the fact that I don't have to spend hours and hours driving dull road cars around mobile chicanes and that I can jump into an online race, have a fun battle with real people and jump out. And that the more I do that the better the racing becomes and the less I have to worry about idiots crashing me out, ala every other online racing game pretty much.


I think that GTS is the soul of the series, laid bare.
 
And tbh, I don't really miss the carreer mode. in previous gt's, you had an overpowered car and every single race, you have to start in the back, overtake all the grandma's in front of you and finish first after 2 laps. That's not racing. Real racing is staying right battling for position for a few laps.

I don’t disagree that that sort of “racing” is archaic now and needs to never come back. PD just has to stop designing it this way. (Although I personally don’t make my cars OP to begin with.) It’s not their only option for a proper career mode.
 
I disagree and I love it. This game is filled with passion and just because you dont have 2000 cars doesn't mean it's lost it's soul. The music is fantastic, the graphics and scenery is fantastic, we finally have a proper livery editor, I love being able to learn about the auto manufacturer and being able to see some of their photos, honestly the list goes on really.. I love the new campaign mode and being able to learn about racing and I love how they attached a "How-To" youtube video with every one of them too so you're not just aimlessly doing the wrong thing over and over.
I love cars, I love racing, but I'm no professional so this game really taught me HOW to become a better racer.

There are more Pros than Cons to me for this game and it seems like majority of the complaints are the lack of content.. which is easily added via patches and DLC's. The core of the game is there and that's important

With that being said, I'm so sick of this thread popping up every single freaking day. I'm just gonna copy and paste this from here on. If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to get it.
 
should titled this game as "gran turismo 7 prologue"
 
I disagree and I love it. This game is filled with passion and just because you dont have 2000 cars doesn't mean it's lost it's soul. The music is fantastic, the graphics and scenery is fantastic, we finally have a proper livery editor, I love being able to learn about the auto manufacturer and being able to see some of their photos, honestly the list goes on really.. I love the new campaign mode and being able to learn about racing and I love how they attached a "How-To" youtube video with every one of them too so you're not just aimlessly doing the wrong thing over and over.
I love cars, I love racing, but I'm no professional so this game really taught me HOW to become a better racer.

There are more Pros than Cons to me for this game and it seems like majority of the complaints are the lack of content.. which is easily added via patches and DLC's. The core of the game is there and that's important

With that being said, I'm so sick of this thread popping up every single freaking day. I'm just gonna copy and paste this from here on. If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to get it.
Your last paragraph is quite ironic. You might want to consider taking a bit of your own advice.
 
Your last paragraph is quite ironic. You might want to consider taking a bit of your own advice.

Isn't it ironic that the girl I wanna marry is a wedding planner?
 
Back