Who else feel the same?

I personally spend very little time online. Simply because I'm not good enough.
Playing GTS means I'll always be outclassed

If the game works correctly, then actually this shouldn't happen - if it can establish your skill level through driver rating, then in theory you should never be outclassed (or underclassed), rather you're properly classed with similar people, and so will have the ability to compete regardless of how fast or slow you are. Indeed I think one of the reasons for PD's approach is to counteract this convention that online racing is only for experts/aliens. Maybe they won't be successful in doing that, maybe the technology won't work, or players simply won't accept how it works, only time will tell, but I think that's definitely the intention.

I prefer this "new" Gran Turismo to the "old" Gran Turismo, having a place where people are taught and encouraged to race cleanly with one another online is one of the most significant things to happen in console racing for years.

If I want to experience the "old" Gran Turismo I can still do that, with Forza Motorsport.

I'd have to disagree with you OP. Sure this game lacks the content, cars, and career mode of the previous games, but its gameplay more than makes up for it. I've never had more fun racing in a Gran Turismo game than I have with GT Sport.

Things I love about GT Sport:
- The Driving Physics is damn near perfect.
- The graphics and sounds are perfect.
- The feeling of each car is spot-on. Each car feels and drives like their real-life counterpart.
- The AI opponents are fun to race against and so much better than previous GT games.
- Put all that together (physics, graphics, sounds, car feelings, AI) and you get the best racing experience of any Gran Turismo to date.
- The livery editor, scapes mode, and car museums are a nice addition.

Things I don't like about GT Sport:
- Lack of cars and diversity in the car selection.
- Sports Mode needs tweaking. Racing on the same track for a week is redundant
- Can't save progress without being online.
- Most importantly: No career mode. I think it's a huge shame they didn't include a single-player career mode in this one. I think GT Sport is actually the most well suited Gran Turismo for a single-player career mode given how great the gameplay and AI are.

With that said GT Sport is still awesome. If it had a career mode and better car selection it'd be the most perfect racing game of all time. Even without it though, it's still amazing. I'm having loads of fun playing it!

Okay but the online and the physics/game play can exist as it Is, but with an offline career mode right?

They aren't mutually exclusive.

The lack of content is a huge miss. I like GTS but I don't love it and I'm not addicted to it like I was on GT4/5/6 etc.

What didn't help.was the fact I coolxnt even get an online race last Sunday due to a multiplayerserver error corner half an hour.

If the game works correctly, then actually this shouldn't happen - if it can establish your skill level through driver rating, then in theory you should never be outclassed (or underclassed), rather you're properly classed with similar people, and so will have the ability to compete regardless of how fast or slow you are. Indeed I think one of the reasons for PD's approach is to counteract this convention that online racing is only for experts/aliens. Maybe they won't be successful in doing that, maybe the technology won't work, or players simply won't accept how it works, only time will tell, but I think that's definitely the intention.
That hasn't been my experience in my limited time with this game. I'm either outclassed by much better drivers or I end up with a bunch of kids ramming me off track.

Thi

Gran Turismo, PD and Kaz has left us - the casuals - behind. Make no mistake this is not simply an evolution or catch up. This is a clean slate. It's their game and their decision to make of The magic of GT was that it was a world that allowed both casuals and the more serious racers in.

I personally spend very little time online. Simply because I'm not good enough. Between Driveclub and GT I've won less than 10 races online out of probably 100 - 200. I'm just not good enough. Not only on GT but across all the games I play. I have neither the time nor the desire to become good enough either. Nothing in my life gets that level of dedication. Playing GTS means I'll always be outclassed, something I don't find enjoyable at all no matter how wonderful the physics and gameplay are. That is why I enjoy single player, I can be a winner in my own private world.

It's been really difficult but I've let go of a future with GT. I still have the past. I fired up GT6 and realized why I don't want to be online all the time. I still enjoy playing alone. Sure the game needs improvement but I can challenge myself by using a weaker car or turning down the power slider. Online though, is not where I want to be spending most of my time.

This game still allows those from the very beginner to the fastest of the Aliens to find a competition level that suits their abilities.

I like you am just a very average at best gamer in regards to my gaming skill set. You are right though this is a new GT with a clean slate and what GT has done with their new driver matching system seems to be working well as far as matching up players that possess very similar level of abilities together to race.

I have won 2 races, finished top 5 in three or 4 more and basically in every online race found the competition to beat most a difference within 2 seconds a lap of qualifying times with many only being separated by a few 10th's of a second. Some races I start mid pack, some towards the rear but every race the competition level has been close and in some races my goal may be to just maintain starting my position or gain two or three spots while running a clean incident free race.

Do not sell GTS short until you have given it a try, the online daily races have been lot of fun, you will find yourself spending time offline running laps on the track and working on the set up of the car you prefer being used for the current online races that interest you.

What I have found is unlike offline of previous editions I have a goal and desire to get better, to get faster, get more knowledgeable about car set ups and finding those extra three tenths of a second to make be a little faster.

I feel I have gotten better and been pushed to improve by other racers that have similar skill sets to my own but yet some are usually a bit faster and racing those people is where I am learning to be better and faster myself.

I think the average gamer and racer is the one that really has the most to gain from this game and will through GTS excellent matching system be pushed but yet still be within a level where success is reasonable to obtain at the same time.

I know everyone is different and has different desires or wants out of a game but I seem to have found that what offline content there is in the game I use more to enhance my abilities of the games main focus which is of course online. PD is I think is off to a good start and yes there are some changes and tweaks that could be used but the game has only been out a little less than 3 weeks so it may take a little time to see where we end up in the end.

Last edited:
I think PD with the new GT lost their way
GT Lost his soul...
Lost all those things that we loved...
is The worst GT ever made..
Love only the physics and the sound but
hate the car list
hate the thing that there is not classical career
hate this simple tune..
The gt is not the gt that we loved...
A remastered gt 6 with new sound, graphics, physics,the new photo mode, better track editor and all those that PD promise for 6
Like livery editor it will be way better....
Then they can ad this FIA championship...
This GT that I write above it could be the best GT ever! not this Joke...
What you love and what you hate in the new GT?

Praise the Lord, 100% agree, PD give us a real Gran Turismo Game and stop failing so hard, and i say we, the true hardcore Gran Turismo
Fans, want optional qualifying, randomized used car dealership, point to point rallies, where s the full endurance races, the endless nights playing,
the dynamic wheather change, where s the most iconic GT tracks, the tuning section with all it, s tuning parts, really MR. Kazunori, where s the Real
Driving Simulator.

I like your reasoning, I think it’s valid. Me, I’m also no Hamilton but I got a lot better through online challenges. Mainly the qm’s in gt6.
But... gt claims to be a simgame. It’s definitely not. There are games that approach reality quite a bit closer than gt did in 6 and still a lot more than they managed in gts. That worries me. Gt started the trend but they haven’t followed their own lead. Like Apple not matching up to Microsoft.
The competition bit they got right, and the graphics are good enough. But since car behaviour is no better than this fakey stuff, they flamed out in my list. This is arcade and not the best at that

Back