Who else here keeps cars stock?

• Thread starter Ryan81
  • 12 comments
I always keep my cars stock. Have made a point to do it in all racing games, even if they allow for modifications with the exception of Shift since you need Works Conversion cars in some events.

I always keep my cars stock. Have made a point to do it in all racing games, even if they allow for modifications with the exception of Shift since you need Works Conversion cars in some events.

Never understood the concept of keeping a car stock. Why? I can see doing it in real life to a classic (i.e. 69 Mustang), but why in a game? They dont really hold any value.

See the awesome thing about FM is you can take a car, and make it "yours". Beyond the paint, rims, and aero, but in the engine and tuning. Stock = dull and boring to me. Give me something and let me make it my creation.

:) Same here. Kind of. I have some modded once but lately tend to leave all new cars stock. Just got FM4 and so far all are left stock. I see the point of the other people replying here. Make it your own. I just like em the way they are, how the car companies intended. If I change em too much its not the same car anymore. Every car has a purpose. If I mod my Sti or Evo to the level of a stock Z06 I might as well buy a Z06. (Unless you need to stick to 4wd). Thats just how I see it. I like all cars. Cool someone likes em stock also :).

Never understood the concept of keeping a car stock. Why? I can see doing it in real life to a classic (i.e. 69 Mustang), but why in a game? They dont really hold any value.

See the awesome thing about FM is you can take a car, and make it "yours". Beyond the paint, rims, and aero, but in the engine and tuning. Stock = dull and boring to me. Give me something and let me make it my creation.

No stock cars 👎. My dream cars are being built:drool:.

^ I agree with that

I mostly keep them stock too. When I upgrade my cars, I just slam them down as much as I can, add wider tires, reduce weight and that's about it. I never upgrade the engines, I want to keep em original :)

I disagree, when you tune a car it loses its personality and all cars sort of just feel boring. I only ever tune if I want a race car that isn't in the game but a road version is.

I love the feeling of experiencing a car the way it rolled out of the factory, so I usually like to keep my cars stock, did it in gt5, and fm3. But with the variable difficulty in the world tour mode in fm4, I've got to modify my cars to stay competitive.

I disagree, when you tune a car it loses its personality and all cars sort of just feel boring. I only ever tune if I want a race car that isn't in the game but a road version is.

Hmmm. How can you take...say a VW Fox, and make it a B Class beast with turbo, engine upgrades, aero kit, nice wheels, and slick paint job, and call it boring?

Or take a Cuda and NOT put a nice exhaust on it?

Yeah, different views I guess. I just see boring, as a vanilla car, that looks, drives and sounds, just like every other car in a lobby.

Latest Posts

Back