Who has achieved 9000 pts and what's the story on CP

I reached 9000 last night but have not driven enough to attain Platinum status so far. Tomorrow evening should hopefully see that happen.

My SA is only 59 as I had a rough time early on and acquired huge BWP. SA is slowly increasing.

I'm the OP I hover between 8700 and 8950. I still have not seen anyone post that that had acquired CP points. Heard rumors you have to be above 50 RC. I am above both but and raced many competition server races and still no CP points.

I'm the OP of this thread. I hover between 8700 and 8950. I still have not seen anyone post that had acquired CP points.

Has anyone acquired CP points?

Well considering I am right under 9500, figured I would share my stats.

Total: 9492
TR: 99
CN: 94
CC: 85
PC: 88
SA: 96
RC: 87
CP: 0

I struggle a bit with car control, I guess years and years of GT has ingrained some bad habits. That being said working the rating system has improved me as a driver, I don’t push as hard as I used to and in doing so I have found some time on this sim.

It's overwhelming all the things you have to keep track of. I just broke 8,000, but I mostly have been tuning and getting to know all the tracks. I finished the first career season on medium, got pole every time and won each time, but earned silver. Probably because it was on Medium, haha. I did my first online race and the start was so awful #wheresthemanual? I took 2nd, only messed up once my first attempt at Spa in ACC.

I did find out today that the Audi is 2+sec. faster than the 991 with a similar tune @BH. So I started using that today. I will go back and try the 991 again.

EDIT: That time was really old. I just got a lap that was .03 slower in the Porsche :)

Jerome

Last edited:
I did a litle calculations to try and figure out how many points are needed to reach 9500 points for platinium driver.

TLDR.

Overall it seems that we need about 547 points or around that number to convert it to 9500 points.
-------------------

When having about 9500 points then roughly each points in a category is about 17,3 points counted towards the overall score.

It also seems that the lower overall score, then each points counts higher. When you have for example 9000 points then each point in a category will amount to like something like 18,8 point overall.

It also seems that reaching Platinium driver shouldent be to hard for most people, if they ever fix it so that we can earn CP points.

Here are some numbers I used to make some roughly estimated calculations.

OklaCaliTexan = 8786
TC 99
CN 90
CC 77
PC 85
SA 76
RC 20
CP 0
All = 447
Each point worth 19,7 Total score
-------------------
Stotty = 9562
TC 99
CN 95
CC 95
PC 88
SA 71
RC 99
All = 547
Each point worth 17,5 Total score
-------------------
GingerBredMan = 9141
CN: 87
CC: 95
PC: 75
SA: 76
RC: 73
All = 505
Each point worth 18,1 Total score
-------------------
Scuderia Paul = 9189
CN: 90
CC: 76
PC: 78
SA: 59
RC: 99
All = 505
Each point worth 18,2 Total score
-------------------
bdubclub = 9492
CN: 94
CC: 85
PC: 88
SA: 96
RC: 87
All = 549
Each point worth 17,3 Total score
-------------------
catty1952 = 9520
CN: 97
CC: 90
PC: 85
SA: 75
RC: 99
All = 545
Each point worth 17,5 Total score

Last edited:
Good analysis @klondike 👍

Each category gives a different weighting to the overall points... @catty1952, @bdubclub and me all have very similar total category points (545-549), but overall driver points vary from 9,492 (bdub) to 9,562 (me - my average is actually 17.5/point).

Comparing the individual category ratings for the 3 of us, it looks like CC and CN are slightly over weighted within the overall driver points.... which would make sense to me as I see my points go down if I lose CC or CN and gain a similar amount of SA. I would have expected SA to have the highest weighting, but clearly this is not the case as Bdub has a much higher rating than I do, with more total category points, but a lower overall rating.

Last edited:
Well I finally clicked over to platinum. Funny I was hovering over 9500 for a few races, then during a race where I lost some rating, the trophy popped up.
Also I agree @Stotty, SA must be the least weighted rating when it comes to total points.

Attachments

• 5299F983-E90E-43F6-BD2A-C5B89AEE5A16.jpeg
    5299F983-E90E-43F6-BD2A-C5B89AEE5A16.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 31
The last 3 online races I've taken part in I've been ****ing creamed in the ass in turn one by some dick.

So my safety rating is trash now. Thanks kunos you ****s.

Do you guys think I'd accumulate more points doing AI races or multiplayer? I have the AI set to 90/90 and that feels pretty good, I typically take pole but sometimes top 5 if I don't hit a lap. The AI doesn't pass each other and are more predictable so I'm thinking thats better than multiplayer?

Jerome

Do you guys think I'd accumulate more points doing AI races or multiplayer? I have the AI set to 90/90 and that feels pretty good, I typically take pole but sometimes top 5 if I don't hit a lap. The AI doesn't pass each other and are more predictable so I'm thinking thats better than multiplayer?

Jerome

personally, I’d find a car/track combination you really like and are good at... then if you’re going for SA, start at the back of a 30 min quick race. If you’re going for CC & CN, use practice and just run laps.

Got over 9000 but have slipped back a touch after playing too tired and mistakes crept in and points took a dive into 8800, just been working on getting my safety too over 70, reached 62 but fallen back too 58.

Apparently I drive on the edge as if I'm Senna or something, but my consistency is 91, so am I really out of control(?). My CC is at 68 and I can't raise it :lol: I think @Stotty is right, I will just need to run some safe laps for a while. I'm at 8500 right now.

Jerome

I'm now consistently above the 9000 FIA Gold driver barrier, but not by much.

One thing that has been helping me out is knowing what the colors of each racer's number plate means. When you look at the live timing screen while getting ready for a race you will notice each racer's number plate. A red number equals amateur, grey number equals silver cup driver, and white number indicates pro.

It would appear that amateurs have point ratings between 0 and 7500.

Silver cup drivers have point ratings between 7,500 and 9,000.

Prorated drivers with the white plates are above 9,000 points.

I have been avoiding lobbies where a majority of the drivers are red number plates. I'm trying to find as many lobbies as I can with all grey and white plates.

Racing in those types of lobbies has provided some quality racing against racers of more common ability to each other.

Talking of what Plates relate too what. Man I miss games that gave you a proper manual, the likes of Geoeff Crammonds F1 :D

I know! I'm just dying for someone to RTFM me with a link and be like, "It's Dangerous To Go Alone, Take This."

Jerome

Ah game manuals. Used to be the best toilet reading those. Just the right amount...

Really do miss them. Was nothing like undoing the cellophane, opening the case for the first time, that new game smell hitting you and taking out the manual. Always an added bonus if it was a big thick one (that’s what she said). A new GTA was the real treat though. Those maps were just amazing to explore even before you’d played the game. I really hope they continue to do them.

Anyway, gone way off topic there.

I’m consistently around 9100-9200, with race craft and safety slowly building. But yes, the one that gets me the most frustrated is car control. It bounces all over the place depending on what car or what track I’m on. I’d love just to be able to turn that off rather than the whole driver ratings system, but then if I’ve had a good race I’ll be annoyed I hadn’t increased my SA. I’d rather just get rid of the whole thing, but understand SA is important for online.

A year on, has anyone achieved CP?
No, still bugged and not even fixed by the console port version Dev team... the game has now several months without any update , is quite behind PC version and didn't receive any specific bug fixes update and they don't give any news about future updates or "next gen version".

Back