Who has beat mission 34 with a DS2?

  • Thread starter Thread starter magik10
  • 42 comments
  • 4,064 views
Hey, I am not new here, ive just forgotten my old login lol.
Anyway i am stuck on mission 24 :indiff: , the Amuse S2000 GT1, after the first corner they all seem to speed off and i end up miles behind, can anyone please tell me how to do this mission...

Cheers in advance :) :)
 
I am a ton faster using the DualShock2 rather than a steering wheel mainly due to reaction time. My fingers are much quicker than my feet. Although I enjoy using my Driving Force which seems to perofrm better as in less sliding around and defineatly better throttle/brake control but the DF likes to counter steer for you which is very hard to recover from and it gets the wiggles to (forcefeedback jerks the car left and right constantly) in straight lines I have lost too many races to to this effect and so its DualShock or die for me. I would however like to know how the new DFP works like do you need to use all 900 degrees often or does the steering tighten up when your faster and more importantly is it without the problems I have mentioned with mine? If these are addressed elsewhere just direct me so we can stay on topic here. Thanks.
 
SUCCESS!! FINALLY!!

After 3 days of trying I finally beat mission 34. And boy did I ever! I will list my times for you all to enjoy. hehe

behind 149.645 at Flugplatz
behind 140.422 at Arenberkurve
behind 130.392 at Adenauer Forst
behind 118.013 at Breidscheid
behind 105.514 at Bergwerk/Kesselshen
behind 054.382 at Klostertal
behind 038.387 at Hohe Acht
behind 029.850 at Eiskurve
behind 023.671 at Sprunghugel
behind 012.676 at Dottinger Hohe
behind 004.426 at Tiergarten

I came around the last corner, flashed my highbeams at the little guy in front and whipped by him to finish 0.790 ahead with a grand total running time of 9:13.090. Take that Mission 34! In your face! In your face! When I first tried this mission I hated the SLR and disliked the Nurb. Now, i love both! I will take every car to the ultimate test on 'the Ring'!
 
I've managed to both beat it with the DFP and barely with the DS2. By far the DS2 was a major PITA to do. You just understeer alot because the DS2's steering assist's keep you from being able to maximize all the grip that the car can give. DFP user's don't suffer from that, therefore we have an easier time at beating mission 34.
 
You know you can turn off the assists.. They aren't permenent with the DS2.
 
Ok, I was misundersood about the reaction times. I was referring to the view only, not the stick\button debate. I don't think stick or button is that much difference, it's just personal preference. The view is another thing. In chase view you are behind the car, bumper cam you are on the front. If I "see" where I am sooner (front of car as opposed to behind) and throw in the zoom effect of bumper cam, I can't help but react quicker and better to something such as getting a wheel on a curb and slipping a bit. Obviously Famine can drive in the chase view, probably better than I can in my view. I can only speak for myself and my experiences, but I am open-minded and know that every person on this planet is different. Famine has never talked smack and then came to my house and got laughed at, nor would he because I'd say that he can back it up. The ones who have, couldn't. I would have rathered someone like Famine come over, for the competition, because without competition, it's no fun at all.
 
I have beaten all of the missions with the DS2.Some of them gave me problems but i managed to do it in the end.The Nurbürgring is awesome when you fully learn the course.
 
sealc403
Hey, I am not new here, ive just forgotten my old login lol.
Anyway i am stuck on mission 24 :indiff: , the Amuse S2000 GT1, after the first corner they all seem to speed off and i end up miles behind, can anyone please tell me how to do this mission...

Cheers in advance :) :)


When you're starting off, shift into 6th gear before you get into the redline area of the tach. The car makes less power at the highest RPM's. Make sure you are exactly behind the car infront of you, you can catch a draft from quite a distance away. If you can catch the first car before the second turn of the first lap, you've got it made.👍
 
firstrotary
I haven't beaten it, but very close. I don't have much handling problem with it, but I have a lot of problem with the Formula car when it's at high speed. I am also feeling being pushed to buy a DFP or DF.
The Formula One in 7th gear on my DF, shakes like a mofo, the wheel on "Simulation" setup shakes at a 50 degree angle left and right over 300km/h. It's freaken hard to control.
 
Mission 34 - 9.13.094 - DS2 - Buttons for accelerate and brake, chase view.

Took a while but learnt to love the Nurb while doing it. Now going to try with my Driving Force Pro :)
 
Shoemacher
Mission 34 - 9.13.094 - DS2 - Buttons for accelerate and brake, chase view.

Took a while but learnt to love the Nurb while doing it. Now going to try with my Driving Force Pro :)

Good job! I used the DS2 and the bonnet cam. Finished 9:13.090.
 
I got that it wasn´t difficult...The Mission of the slipstream with the skylines, was more boring to me.

I puted about 7 or 8 seconds on the second placed Old School Mercedes SL , don´t remember the total time.
 
Been within a half-second so far, using the DS2's buttons, no sticks. It's definitely possible, I've just made small errors each time...
 
Back