Who here drives a Camaro?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KevsfastZ
  • 16 comments
  • 1,109 views
Messages
135
I do, post some spec on it and mabye a pic. Heres mine and man do I love it :D
1996 Black Z28, M6, 3.42's
SLP CAI, Hooker Longtubes, Borla, Welds, Pro 5.0, 52mmT/B, ele water pump Nitto DR's, hotcam. Dyno: ? RWHP @ ? RWTQ Times: 60' 1.80 12.31@114.4.
davesz3.JPG

davesz.JPG


Kev D
 
Welcome to GTP. Nice thats a nice Camaro you have.
I have a Camaro. Its not real fast but it sure is fun and very comfortable. I attended the Hot Rod Power Tour and also the Woodward Dream cruise with it last year. :)
Just about any info you need on my car is somewhere in my signatures including videos. Hopefully I will be painting it this summer.
1111608528-006103.jpg

1093975402-004325.gif

1093140310-004220.jpg

1093140284-004218.jpg
 
What colour are you going to paint it Camaroboy69?
 
ExigeExcel
What colour are you going to paint it Camaroboy69?
After about 2 years of looking, I just picked the color last week. It is called 2005 Viper Bright Silver. It is the exact same color they use on the 2005 Viper SRT-10.
 
Nice camaro, I dont have one, as you can tell.....lol
I like the pro-stars too, thinkin about getting a set for my stang for when im at the track...
Anyway love the ride... :)
 
Thanks GTrackd, that sliver is gonna look sick on the 69, BTW what ET are you trappin?
 
KevsfastZ
what ET are you trappin?
My best time was 12.66 @ 108 mph when I used to have a steel hood and before I did some of the other upgrades. Not very good traction either. The one time I did get decent traction my best 60ft time was 1.66 and I pulled both the front tires off the ground about 2 inches.
Its not that fast like I said but I have only went to the track a few times since im mainly building the car for Pro-Touring. The drag strip is just so hard on them and I cant afford to buy another 6 speed transmission.
 
KevsfastZ
Thanks GTrackd, that sliver is gonna look sick on the 69, BTW what ET are you trappin?
Me or camaro boy.....???
I'm stuck in the low 13's @ 104.5ish right now
My 60 foots have been horrible this last year.... on BFG 275/40/17 Drag radials I pulled 1 1.900 all season(on a bad run no less) and most of the times its 2.0 or 2.1......I go to a track that does not prep on saturdays :(

Edit: oops...
 
Camaro Boy, isn't that eveyones problem tho? getting the power to the ground? I'm afraid to put a tire on it because i don't have the money to replace the rear end. But, after I do blow it up, I'm throwing a 12 bolt in there :D

GTracked, The track I go to preps but does a ****ty job and I sware every time I go out there some Civic drops the motor and spills oil all over the track :grumpy: What are your specs?
 
My track never ever prepped. As a matter of fact there were rocks on the track half the time and major bumps so they redid the track and turned it int 1/8 mile and I will never do 1/8 mile. Here are some of my specs. Yes I still have cast iron heads too.

-Holley 750 Double Pumper 0-4779C
-10.5---11 compression
-keith black pistons
-clevite mains and rod bearings
-chrome molly rings
-hydrolic cam
--12250-3 comp cam extreme energy cam 240 --- 246 duration
510 lift 110 lobe separation
.50 duration
-eagle rods
-cast crank
-edelbrock performer air gap intake[edl-7501]
-1970 heads194/160 valves machined for larger springs
-screw in rocker studs
-push rod guides
-rev limit 7,000rpm (hit this mabey 6 or 7 times now)
-headers to 40 series flowmasters 2-1/2 “ in and out
-6 speed T-56 transmission 2.66 1st gear .50 6th gear
-4:11 gears

EDIT: I used to have a 1996 FIrebird Formula and it was pretty much the exact same drivetrain as yours. I loved that car thats why I installed a T-56 into my Camaro.
 
My first car was a Camaro. A 1989 RS with the old 305. My third car was also a Camaro. A 1994 Z28. I miss them both.
 
My LT1 Z28 got killed about a month ago.

Crushed the oil pan and starved the engine until it locked.

You would think there would be plenty of replacement LT1 engines out there, but I have yet to find one.

Since its totalled its getting replaced with either an '05 Mustang GT or an '05 GTO.



I'll miss that car.
 
that sucks man, you try www.cz28.com? theres always vendors on there BTW the '05 GTO LS2's are sick I think it would fit for a good replacement
 
I drive a white 1995 Z28 A4, but its down for a week. A frozen spark plug broke in half and one half went in the combustion chamber ;[
 
1093140310-004220.jpg


Niiice!

Viper RT/10 in there too.

Not a big fan of the domestics, but when they come in blonde they're alright.
 
I guess I'll post something here.

I drive a 1986 IROC Z-28.

Edlebrock headers back exhaust and carb, full blue print (re-gutted)


my_camaro_front.jpg

my_camaro_rear.jpg

DSC00240.JPG




There are more pics here: http://www.nightmajik.com/photo.htm that are just way too huge to put here.
 
I present: Shadow Drifter.

*applause*

Come back again soon eh?

The day you left was a grave loss for all drifters.
 
Back