Who isn't buy GT PSP after TGS fiasco?

• Thread starter Earth
  • 80 comments
GTP_Royalton
So let's see a show of hands.

Sorry, but when Kaz talks for 15 minutes about GT5 but closes the presentation with a trailer of GT PSP it's obvious why we're going to wait 6 more months for GT5.

They already milked me with the glorified demo that is GT5P. Now they want to milk me for Gran Turismo 4 Lite? No thanks

Unlocking all 900 cars in GT5 using GT PSP is also crap. Who is going to not be tempted into running through all the races in GT5 using that Suzuki Escudo they unlocked in GT PSP? It ruins the game.

Buyer Beware.

GT PSP does not even have championship races, only missions, like pass this many cars in this many laps or beat this lap time. It's garbage. IGN and other sites who have the game already admit it's garbage.

PD/Sony are withholding GT5 to make you get GT PSP to get your Gran Turismo fix. Don't give in.

Its not garbage, far from it. I dont think TGS would have any negative influence on ones choice to buy GT PSP. I'm still buying GTPSP Because its perfect for the use I'll get out of it. I can spend $40 on this or $50 on Katamari for PS3. I think I made my choice.

No problems.

So far the only negative reaction's I am seeing is from people that are pissy something didn't go their way.

GT Mobile will sell well, you will but GT5 either way and don't try to say you won't.

So you´re telling us to not buy this game just to stick it to Kaz?

This game has a 5 year delay as well, and they really need a title like this to boost PSP sales. The PSP has gotten a lot of great games recently, and that GTPSP comes out along with the GO is a smart marketing move (unlike the overpriced GO itself, but that´s a bit off-topic).

I am aware that I am in the minority here but I specifially want a solid handheld racing game. A lot of people really bashed it because they think it took away major focus from GT5, but given that it is mostly a scaled-down GT4 and seing how it´s pretty unpolished in some spots (the polygon hairlines for instance) I don´t think that´s the case. As somebody pointed out, it was probably done by a different team.

So please don´t start picking on the people that really look forward to this game in particular. Every time a really good title gets released on a handheld somebody screams "Why isn´t this a console release?" (see: All 2D Castlevanias after Symphony Of The Night), but I have to say I really like handheld gaming, not just for being on the move, and there are a lot of other people having a variety of similar reasons. Here are my reasons: I grew up on the Gameboy and have always had a preference for handhelds, since I never really had space and money for huge TVs (being a broke student in a big european city) and have always loved gaming on my couch, next to my GF while she watches TV, or on the toilet. Seriously, sitting on the toilet for 20 minutes because a game is just that intense is something everybody should try sometimes. Doing laps around the Nürburgring while taking a dump will be priceless :embarrassed:

There are also other people venting their anger about the delay in other threads on the GTPSP subforum, which I think is pretty juvenile, but to each his own I guess :indiff:

Last edited:
Seriously, sitting on the toilet for 20 minutes because a game is just that intense is something everybody should try sometimes. Doing laps around the Nürburgring while taking a dump will be priceless :embarrassed::

Quote of the month.........

Trying to keep "it" in during the last seconds of the race and letting go at the finish line makes a victory even more glorious. ...Actually, that´s pretty disgusting. I will stop talking about poop now. Move along ;)

I'm really disappointed that GT5 is coming out in March, I feel slapped like a lot of people on this site. But there is no way I'm not buying GTPSP! If anything I'll play it more because of GT5's later than expected (by some) release date. So what the hell, aren't we all used this this release date game that PD plays with us every time?

I can't wait for GT on PSP. I know exactally what I'm buying and have read the reviews. You see in the end the release will come and go just like GT5's and we will be looking for the next title. I hope we have fun with game.

there's no need to deny yourself a decent game because you're unhappy with the company who made it and want to 'stick it to them.'

just buy a used copy.
You get to have all the fun of owning the game, but not one penny of your money supports the developer. Instead you're supporting used video game retailers--and it's always good to have some of those around.

Hell, I've been buying sega-branded games used since the dreamcast era.

Last edited:
I'll be getting a ps3 for my birthday in december i'll be sure to pick up a copy of gt5 in march still long waits makes the game more tempting plus i'm 100% i'm picking up a copy of gt mobile already got it reserved at game crazy so i can get that lambo

I'm really disappointed that GT5 is coming out in March, I feel slapped like a lot of people on this site. But there is no way I'm not buying GTPSP! If anything I'll play it more because of GT5's later than expected (by some) release date. So what the hell, aren't we all used this this release date game that PD plays with us every time?

Just as I've said in several other GT PSP threads of this nature...

Bugatti. Veyron. End of story. :sly:

I think your point is quite invalid:

They already milked me with the glorified demo that is GT5P. Now they want to milk me for Gran Turismo 4 Lite? No thanks

It will not be GT4 Lite, it was supposed to be GT4 Mobile but as you know, it changed title to only Gran Turismo.

Unlocking all 900 cars in GT5 using GT PSP is also crap. Who is going to not be tempted into running through all the races in GT5 using that Suzuki Escudo they unlocked in GT PSP? It ruins the game.

You only transfer you garage from GT PSP to GT5 if you want to. If a guy is tempted to use an escudo from day one it's his problem. Now don't say everyone will do it.

GT PSP does not even have championship races, only missions, like pass this many cars in this many laps or beat this lap time. It's garbage. IGN and other sites who have the game already admit it's garbage.

We know that. And we still like it. For some, like me, this will be the only decent racing game in the PSP, and i'm looking very forward to next thursday, when i'll get my Collector's Edition PSP copy. It's not supposed to be GT4 Mobile anymore, as you'd know, and by the words of Kaz himself, GT PSP has a new approach to the players. It's a handheld GT that you can Play Whenever you want, Wherever you want. That's the big point here, because you wont play GT5 on your way to school, or work, or on trips.

That's why i want GT PSP, because i can spend some time racing on a great PSP racing game when and where i want, while i wait for GT5 and it's possible interactivity between systems.

We'll see if it's garbage or not when we have it in our PSP's, running. TGS may have been a fiasco for GT5, in your opinion, but i don't see where there were problems with GT PSP.

Last edited:
So let's see a show of hands.

Sorry, but when Kaz talks for 15 minutes about GT5 but closes the presentation with a trailer of GT PSP it's obvious why we're going to wait 6 more months for GT5.

Buyer Beware.

PD/Sony are withholding GT5 to make you get GT PSP to get your Gran Turismo fix. Don't give in.

Because PD spend more time on finishing and polishing their game and thus creating a (far) better game, we must not buy the portable version which is released on another kind of console?

What kind of logic is that?

Are you really not going to buy a "separate" game based off of the tokyo game show fiasco, Might i add TGS is not even done yet.

Well I have had my copy of GTPSP on order for months now, and as soon as the CE was announced I changed it to that.

I have every intention of buying both GTPSP and GT:5 when its released.

Hell I don't even have a huge issue with the delay to GT:5, I've got more than enough games to be getting on with between now and then (come November COD:MW2 will keep me going to March quite easily).

Scaff

I cancelled my pre-order at Bol.com. :grumpy:

But pre-ordered a copy from Play.com instead. For two reasons: It is a lot cheaper at Play.com and Bol does not offer any pre-order bonus cars. :sly:

Play.com offer bonus car colours on four models, not bonus cars as such.
The way I understand it, is that you do get these four cars as a pre-order bonus (so you don't have to buy them in-game, like others will have to), and that these cars' colors are unique for Game.com (UK) pre-orders.

The way I understand it, is that you do get these four cars as a pre-order bonus (so you don't have to buy them in-game, like others will have to).

You are correct :)

I don't think its a marketing game also, Nomino, because for example, here at my local GAME store, they are giving the enzo with the regular copy of GT even for those who don't pre order. .i don't see the marketing game there . .

Its hard to imagine someone with a psp who likes racing not getting this. If you don't have a psp then that one thing. The funny thing is it seem as if some reviewers and posters really believe we will change our mind and not get the game because they are upset with the feature set. I was dissapointed about the lack of traditional structure in GT and further dissapointed about lack of solid info for TGS and the 2010 release date. It is what it is. GT5 will be out next March in Japan and GT (minus a few features) next week. Im really can't wait to use GT as a Car database and collection hub while im away from home or not playing GT5. There are still cars I never drove once in GT4. I havent played GT4 since it dropprd and Im looking forward to visiting the tracks again. Pro drivers race the same tracks over and over and I know I fall short. I would love to be able to claim: I mastered every track (with S sanking) and have every car in GT before GT5 come out. Wow what a challenge.

Its hard to imagine someone with a psp who likes racing not getting this. If you don't have a psp then that one thing. The funny thing is it seem as if some reviewers and posters really believe we will change our mind and not get the game because they are upset with the feature set.

Well, when the IGN review first got published there were quite a lot of commenters going "i was going to buy dis game but now I won´t!!!! wat a ripof!!!! :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:"

I am the type of gamer who usually does quite a lot of research before buying a game - comparing reviews (Do the things the reviewer complains about really matter to me? What type of gamer is the reviewer, might I see things from a different standpoint?), checking out videos (the extremely grainy and low-fps footage in the IGN video made the game look a lot worse than in the gorgeous Gamersyde ones), all that... But to me it seems that quite a lot of people really base their buying decisions on just one or two reviews, and that´s it. Others, on the other hand, don´t seem to read reviews AT ALL and just do impulse buys, going by the game brand or cover.

This game will sell a truckload of copies "just" because it has "Gran Turismo" on it´s cover ("just" since the name stands for very highy quality, unlike certain other franchises). I guess the main bulk of buyers will not avoid this game because a minority of sources gave it mediocre scores. And even though this game seems to be a technical masterpiece, the overall effort that went to it probably wasn´t nearly as high as a regular console release of GT (after all, they had to downsize existing content, not model each new car and track from the ground up). And I think it´s a good move to release this game NOW rather than after GT5 because this more "casual" (in relative terms) release might bring the name back into gamers heads who then might be tempted to buy GT5, with a PS3 to go with it. Some people blame GTPSP for causing the recent 6-months delay, but I think it´s preposterous to think that making this game alone caused another big delay like this, for the aforementioned reasons. Rather, I´d say "Well, it´s been delayed again, but at least there is a smaller release in the meantime."

Whoops, I started rambling a bit here, must be the coffee :dunce:

Last edited:
I have several reasons not to buy GTPSP (and that's besides interrupting the GT5 release):

1. It's unnecesary, as there are enough options on PSP. If you really wanted a pick up racer, there's Ridge Racer and WipeOut already available, both great games. If you were looking for a sim style racer, Toca Race Driver already filled that spot. So why do we need GTPSP again?

2. It's not Gran Turismo without Simulation mode. That's the one thing that made GT what it is; licenses, racing series, etc. GTPSP has none of those.

3. 4 cars at a time. Pathetic...how can you deface the GT series with such an abomination?? What other racer has 4 cars at a time??

4. It's pretty clear GTPSP is a moneygrab by Sony corporate suits to try and sell their new PSPGo, using a lame watered down racer and slapping the GT logo on it. And I won't participate in that scheme.

To me, buying GTPSP is a waste of money. I'd urge anyone to not let themselves be used by the corporate heads into buying a label, which is what GTPSP is.

It is Gran Turismo, and that is enough reason for me to get it, no matter what. I must get it (not like I'm an addict or so). Many have judged it to be not living up to GT standards, but I still want to judge so for my self. I'll let you know my verdict next week.

Now, where did I put that little mirror and razor?

I have several reasons not to buy GTPSP (and that's besides interrupting the GT5 release):

1. It's unnecesary, as there are enough options on PSP. If you really wanted a pick up racer, there's Ridge Racer and WipeOut already available, both great games. If you were looking for a sim style racer, Toca Race Driver already filled that spot. So why do we need GTPSP again?

"I have several reasons not to buy GT5:

1. It's unnecesary, as there are enough options on PS3. If you really wanted a pick up racer, there's Ridge Racer 7 and WipeOut HD already available, both great games. If you were looking for a sim style racer, Ferrari Challenge already filled that spot. So why do we need GT5 again?"

See what I did there?

Latest Posts

Back