Who likes reality TV?

  • Thread starter Thread starter snoutromper
  • 36 comments
  • 1,700 views

snoutromper

(Banned)
Messages
67
I do! My favorite reality show currently is the Amazing Race. I'm really excited about Armed and Famous which starts on CBS in a couple weeks. It's a reality show where they take celebs and train them to be police officers. I know that La Toya Jackson and Jack Osbourne are on it, that's gotta be some good fun. Anyone else looking forward to this?
 
I think whoever came up with the idea of the reality show should be poisoned, stabbed, shot, hanged, stretched, disemboweled, beheaded, and drawn and quartered.
 
^Sounds good. (Anything dealing with A LOT of pain for LONG periods of time)

No... They need to all DIE. :mad:
 
I'm indifferent. The way I see it, if they don't put some crap reality show on, they'll put some crap Sitcom on that'll be cut within 5 episodes. Or re-runs of the Simpsons. You can't really win with TV anymore.

Mind you, some reality shows are quite above par, such as The Amazing Race, The first few series of Survivor, The Apprentice, etc.
 
I think whoever came up with the idea of the reality show should be poisoned, stabbed, shot, hanged, stretched, disemboweled, beheaded, and drawn and quartered.
Can I nominate that for "Most Accurate Description"? Although, you forgot, killed, revived and repeated.

In all honesty, 99% of the reality crap on TV is not "reality". It is almost insulting to watch.

Actually, most of TV is like that. For some reason, "King of Queens" is one of the top shows. If Keving James 'd take more than 15 seconds to think through what he's doing, there'd be no show.

Or I'm just more pessimistic than last year.
 
The Apprentice sucked though I did laugh at Martha's attempt.


Now, the Amazing Race I like.



But all those "reality shows" on MTV. Now that ****'s just scripted up the a.
I remember an actress from Laguna Beach came on a show, and said, it's not scripted. That's how they live their lives.

Sure honey. And I live my life as a porn star.
 
I feel that many of the reality TV programs are really stupid. Although, coming from Australia, I find American sit-coms like King of Queens, Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, etc. all to be really stupid too. It's like their trying too hard to be funny. Oh well, I don't think I'll ever understand American humour.

I don't know what sort of reality TV shows Britain and America has going at the moment but I know that Australia has copied several American shows and turned them into the 'Australian' version.

The only reality TV show I watch is The Apprentice. I have seen it from seasons 2-5 and I find that it is a show you can't get sick of. Although I did watch the 1st Australian Biggest Loser from February to April this year.

Reality TV was new and fresh once but now it is getting boring. Survivor is currently running its 13th series, the Amazing Race is running its 8th or 9th, Big Brother has screened 6 seasons here (with another one planned for next year) and American Idol is in its 6th season while we've just completed our 4th (with a 5th one to come next year).

I really don't hope we have to put up with American Idol 15 or BB 18.

"Congratulations! You've won, just like 14 or 17 people before you!"

Doesn't make you feel very unique/special does it?
 
I feel that many of the reality TV programs are really stupid. Although, coming from Australia, I find American sit-coms like King of Queens, Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, etc. all to be really stupid too. It's like their trying too hard to be funny. Oh well, I don't think I'll ever understand American humour.

I don't know what sort of reality TV shows Britain and America has going at the moment but I know that Australia has copied several American shows and turned them into the 'Australian' version.

The only reality TV show I watch is The Apprentice. I have seen it from seasons 2-5 and I find that it is a show you can't get sick of. Although I did watch the 1st Australian Biggest Loser from February to April this year.

Reality TV was new and fresh once but now it is getting boring. Survivor is currently running its 13th series, the Amazing Race is running its 8th or 9th, Big Brother has screened 6 seasons here (with another one planned for next year) and American Idol is in its 6th season while we've just completed our 4th (with a 5th one to come next year).

I really don't hope we have to put up with American Idol 15 or BB 18.

"Congratulations! You've won, just like 14 or 17 people before you!"

Doesn't make you feel very unique/special does it?

Don't forget how they like to change it up.

"Ohh, let's add...the WHOLE family!"
"Ok next season...senior citizens in China! Who have to scale the Great Wall to get their clue!"

I like the Amazing Race honestly, but they need something fresh.
 
It's like their trying too hard to be funny. Oh well, I don't think I'll ever understand American humour.

You're not missin much trust me.
 
My favourite line when a new season of a reality TV show is announced:

"This year there's a big new twist."

Oh my God! I absolutely must watch! :lol:

And the twists are pretty lame to begin with.
 
I'm indifferent. The way I see it, if they don't put some crap reality show on, they'll put some crap Sitcom on that'll be cut within 5 episodes.
Before 2000 (in America, at least), this is exactly what TV execs did for the major networks. "Reality Shows" are generally cheap to produce (any hack/clown/advertiser/web-poll can script it) and the actors don't get paid anything (or at least, much less than an actor from a TV/movie guild). TV execs love those two things when it comes to ratings.

Or re-runs of the Simpsons.
I'd normally say that's not a problem, but it would get played out very quick if it were on 10 times a day on scattered channels, like Law & Order.

Anyhow, I rarely watch anything on the major networks but sporting events and news. I've already seen enough sitcoms, game shows, and drama in this lifetime.
 
TV execs love those two things when it comes to ratings.

Well, and the pathetic "I want to be on T.v. that shouldn't be aloud to get on T.v." people will do anything as long as they get exposure. They also love that.
 
Does Dancing with the Stars count as a reality show? That’s the only thing I’m willing to watch. Reality TV, on the whole, is a :censored:load of trash. And most of the people featured on those shows are narcissistic bungholes.

Although, coming from Australia, I find American sit-coms like King of Queens, Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, etc. all to be really stupid too. It's like their trying too hard to be funny.
I hate those kinds of shows, and never understood why anybody watches them. The humor is absolutely painful.
 
Does Dancing with the Stars count as a reality show?

I think any show that has the 'voting off' system counts as a reality TV show. We've had 5 seasons here in Australia. Surprisingly it is one of our better TV shows.
 
Yeah, I kind of like it. I hate when they try to infuse drama into it, but I like the actual dancing part – quite impressive what many of them can do after only a couple months of training. 👍
 
Isn't there that American TV show 'So You Think You Can Dance?'?* Is that meant to be a copy of DWTS or is it different?

I don't watch DWTS but I know that they have put lots of unnecessary drama into the show. A few stories have even made the news! It's a reality TV show people! :crazy:

*?'? - Never seen that before.
 
I think it’s sort of a copy of DWTS, but a little closer to American Idol, in that the contestants are probably yearning for a future in dance (while the DWTS contestants just want to learn, and don’t have any future aspirations). I’ve never watched it though, so I dunno.
 
I've seen a few episodes. I stopped watching because I thought it was crap. A lot of the dancers are into r 'n' b, hip hop and breakdancing. In the show, after the contestants' intial audition, the people that get chosen to move onto the next round all have to do 3 or more different styles of dance to impress the judges. It's so funny to see the hip hop boys do ballroom! :lol:
 
I can't stand reality TV. I think it's a trend that should die. Whats next "We send paris hilton out to manage a local McDonalds!"
 
I can't stand reality TV. I think it's a trend that should die. Whats next "We send paris hilton out to manage a local McDonalds!"

Now THAT would be interesting to watch! :lol:
 
The only "reality" TV show I watch is the "Dragons' Den". Normal people try and convince 5 self made millionaires, the Dragons, to help fund their new invention, or business venture, in return for a share of their business. I love seeing these novice businessmen getting torn apart at their half-assed business plans. The things that some people think they are going to make money off of is unreal.
 
That reminds me of a show we had last year called American Inventor (in fact, Wikipedia says it might be a rip-off of Dragon’s Den). Some of those contestants were absolute muppets – I wanted to kick some of those people for even thinking of their idea in the first place, let alone believing that it was a good idea. Insanity.
 
I found some this clip from Armed and Famous: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzBId0bLsdc that looks pretty hard core. I would be so afraid that one of the celebs would just turn to their side and take another one out. Esp. after hearing that La Toya is shooting more bullets off the target than on.
 
So would it be... better that Celebrities are given guns or people off the street audition (I'd hate to see what that's like) for this show? :scared:
 
DWA
So would it be... better that Celebrities are given guns or people off the street audition (I'd hate to see what that's like) for this show? :scared:

I'd put my money on celebs because they have more to lose and therefore are less likely to just go postal. Plus they are used to being in the public eye and won't get all Rambo the moment there's a gun in their hand and a camera on their face. I didn't see the other clip from Armed and Famous that's up there until today, it's of the whole cast getting tasered, lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjj9fCM60Bg
 
Oh god... I gotta admit. Now THAT'S entertainment! :lol:

edit: I just saw a promo for this reality show and sadly I might actually check it out. :grumpy:
 
DWA
Oh god... I gotta admit. Now THAT'S entertainment! :lol:

edit: I just saw a promo for this reality show and sadly I might actually check it out. :grumpy:

See, I'm tellin' you, it's too juicy to pass up. I know it's not classy entertainment, but there's something irresistable about Armed and Famous. Maybe it's the physical alterations. With Trish's tits, La Toya's nose, and Erik Estrada's botox this show could be a showcase for bad plastic surgery...
 
I think whoever came up with the idea of the reality show should be poisoned, stabbed, shot, hanged, stretched, disemboweled, beheaded, and drawn and quartered.

Agreed, reality shows are practically the opposite of what they are called..👎
 
lmfao.gif
I was out of town and happened to catch the premiere of Armed & Famous, OMFG it was hilarious. La Toya trying to stuff a dollar in the quarter machine was probably the best part. It was so bad, I don't even have to watch the rest of the episodes.
 
DWA
lmfao.gif
I was out of town and happened to catch the premiere of Armed & Famous, OMFG it was hilarious. La Toya trying to stuff a dollar in the quarter machine was probably the best part. It was so bad, I don't even have to watch the rest of the episodes.

I posted a link in the other thread on Armed and Famous - it's getting #2 ratings in its time slot. I love it. I hope the reason it's getting those ratings isn't people like you who tune in for the first few and stop. I have to think that that part with her stuffing the dollar in was faked, as well as the request for the tablecloth and finger bowl and the Texas Roadhouse. You should have watched last night's, though, apparently La Toya has a phobia of cats, it was getting in the way of her police calls so she went to a therapist to get desensitized. Now there's great reality TV.
 
Back