Who made this site?

  • Thread starter Thread starter supra229
  • 13 comments
  • 891 views
sometime around may 01 or before
 
I created this site. It originally started out as a community on MSN (see this post for a complete history of the community), but I actually created GTPlanet.net January 15, 2001, and I opened the GTPlanet Forums May 15, 2001. :)
 
Originally posted by supra229
Who made this site?
That's a multi-dimensional question.

The site runs using software called vBulletin, which is a Jelsoft product.

However, that only gets you so far - all the customisation work, everything that turns vBulletin from a base product into the polished entity that you see here today, was done by Jordan.

And then you have all the Administrators and Super Moderators, who keep everything in order.

But all of this would be rather empty without the membership.

Does that answer the question? :)
 
Leave it to Giles to get technical. :lol:
 
Does anyone know the exact time the site was made? It should be somewhere in the Guiness Book Of Records. ;)
 
I'm positive i used to be a member in the MSN Community, but i can't find anything from me there. :/
 
You guys lie. I totally made this site with my lack of InTaRwEb skills. It was actually all luck.
 
Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
Does anyone know the exact time the site was made? It should be somewhere in the Guiness Book Of Records. ;)
The domain name was registered on January 15, 2001, about 9:30 PM. The forums went live May 15, 2001, at 10:14 PM.
 
Back