Who needs Real Cars Anyway?

I think it's funny that you still think the reason most people around here give you grief is because you're an Initial D fanboy... You still don't realise it's because of your sarcastic condescending attitude and nonsensical posts... Nothing to do with Initial D at all... You do post a lot of Initial D related material in unrelated threads, but it's the posting unrelated material that's the problem, not the Initial D material itself... This is obvious to everyone but yourself... Even the IDW admin (and some of the members) realised this...

Thought I would get that out of the way.. Now for the vid:

Nice job... It looks like you are improving... However, none of the drifts in the vid are actually "braking drifts"... You used the brakes to slow down, and then used a combination of either lift off or power over to initiate the drift... A "braking drift" uses the brakes to actually initiate the drift... Meaning, the foot brake is used to brake traction while scrubbing speed, and then continue on with the throttle once you have initially lost traction and/or set your angle, depending on the situation...

I had to turn the volume down, the music was grating and distasteful to my ears, but that's a personal preference...

Keep practicing, and work on linking some of those turns and/or gaining a bit more angle...

Lookin' good though...

;)

Not bad at all.I enjoyed the music...I can say that Im half and half because I want to drift in IRL . then I want to drift in Gt4 so.. this video makes me wants to play GT4 again...incoming challenge?

Delphic Reason
Nice job... It looks like you are improving... However, none of the drifts in the vid are actually "braking drifts"... You used the brakes to slow down, and then used a combination of either lift off or power over to initiate the drift... A "braking drift" uses the brakes to actually initiate the drift... Meaning, the foot brake is used to brake traction while scrubbing speed, and then continue on with the throttle once you have initially lost traction and/or set your angle, depending on the situation...

I had to turn the volume down, the music was grating and distasteful to my ears, but that's a personal preference...

Keep practicing, and work on linking some of those turns and/or gaining a bit more angle...

Lookin' good though...

;)

I was going for speed and the racing line, so that's why my angle is so low. I ran through the course gripping each turn, noted my time, and then tried to match that. I only missed it by a few seconds, mainly because of the small screwup near the end.

Also, my AE86's transmission bit it. I blame you guys, it probably saw all the hate towards AE86's on this forum and committed suicide...

Nah, I'm joking, it was an old, rusting car and I was working it too hard.

have you thought of starting your own video thread to save space on the forum....just an idea... 💡 You seem to be releasing a good amount....and then people can view your past works too...

dking
have you thought of starting your own video thread to save space on the forum....just an idea... 💡 You seem to be releasing a good amount....and then people can view your past works too...

Because nobody cares when they see a thread with my name on it.

"Oh, the Captain Trips Video Thread? That guy's a homo, i'm not going in there"

I watch everyones vids... I like to see drifting even if its not that good (Like mine) I don't know... Do people hate you or something?

SWAT2291
I don't know... Do people hate you or something?

Let me put it this way: If I died, all of the people on the GTplanet GT4 Drifting Forum would come to the cemetery and do a square dance on my grave. Then Swift would unzip it and let loose on the headstone, remarking that it's for my own good.

Captain Trips
Let me put it this way: If I died, all of the people on the GTplanet GT4 Drifting Forum would come to the cemetery and do a square dance on my grave. Then Swift would unzip it and let loose on the headstone, remarking that it's for my own good.
I hate that, swift wouldn't do that plus we will lose another NGE fan

Captain Trips
Swift, nor anyone else here would be that disrespectful IMO. i wouldnt want people doing that to me, so i wouldnt do it to them. thats how i see alotta things.

d3p0
Not bad, what tires were you using? Try working on keep your speeds up.

Exactly, for someone that was going for speed, you didn't actually have much speed... You were somewhere in between speed and exhibition style, but with less speed than even most exhibition drifters utilize...

You didn't utilize a very good racing line in any of the corners, so you're not going to get a good time, and you had too much angle in most drifts to truly be "speed drifting", but not enough to be "exhibition drifting"... Somewhere right in between... I think you should probably concentrate on one or the other... Try to follow a better line if you're speed drifting and/or link some turns with at least some angle if you're exhibition drifting...

;)

d3p0
The car used was pretty slow, try using N1's.

Alright. 👍

The car I used here was Yuna, with the Haruna Suspension Settings, i.e. Spring Rates in the 100's, Ride height at 110, Shocks Bound\rebound both at 8, and 7 stabilizers. I have found this allows me to floor it and get more power around corners when I use the Feint Technique, but I have failed to get the high speeds I usually do because of my sudden discovery of this new style.

Back