Who still plays Dirt 2

You're fun to play?

You know, you really should use some grammar like you agreed to when you signed up.

You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

Even the cool 11 year olds use grammar these days....

I play occasionally. With the servers shut down, there's not much one can do. I've pretty much gotten all the achievements I can get.

The lobbies might be open, but the racenet servers for it, or whatever it is, are gone. I can't login to 'em to download ghosts and stuff, so there's a couple achievements that are unattainable.

SuperShouden
The lobbies might be open, but the racenet servers for it, or whatever it is, are gone. I can't login to 'em to download ghosts and stuff, so there's a couple achievements that are unattainable.

Oh yes I remember now. :dunce:

I am new to the DiRT series, and I've done my share of early races in DiRT 2 tonight. It is a bit funny I said I probably wouldn't enjoy DiRT 2 as I would DiRT 1. Turns out that DiRT 2 is quite cool. I am at about Level 8 in experience right now. I haven't yet participated in X Games Europe in DiRT 2. Most of my time right now is mostly in buying vehicles. Fun game, I must say.

I still play every now and then, I have to switch my steering wheels to play though, because my thrustmaster doesn't work with DiRT2

I finished Dirt3 and liked it. I downloaded it for a few bucks off XBLA.

Funnily enough Dirt2 isnt available on XBLA (at least in my area) so your only choice is to get it for few bucks on disc but that's a bit inconvenient in this day and age.

If its half as good as Dirt3 I'd be happy.

It's fun from what I've played, but I'm terrible at rally and I can't change the steering sensitivity on my Thrustmaster T80. Barely turn the wheel and you loop out.

I haven't touched it since I've unlocked the platinum trophy. However the servers have been partially shut down. Ghosts and the daily/monthly leaderboards have been disabled. I believe the only online activity currently active is the straight forward racing with other people.

Also, please make a little effort and pay attention to how you type. It makes communication a lot easier, which in turn makes other people approach and interact with you more often. :cheers:

I haven't touched it since I've unlocked the platinum trophy. However the servers have been partially shut down. Ghosts and the daily/monthly leaderboards have been disabled. I believe the only online activity currently active is the straight forward racing with other people.

Also, please make a little effort and pay attention to how you type. It makes communication a lot easier, which in turn makes other people approach and interact with you more often. :cheers:

Another good piece of advice for using forums like this is to pay attention to the dates that threads started so that you aren't wasting time giving advice to people who probably haven't been around for several years...

:D

Another good piece of advice for using forums like this is to pay attention to the dates that threads started so that you aren't wasting time giving advice to people who probably haven't been around for several years...

:D

Good point! The post before mine threw me off! :lol: ;)

I respectfully request that this thread be closed since it's not really adding anything to the discussion. :)

If you have Xbox live Gold membership you can download it for free for this month only.

Edit: Crap I got confused, it's Grid 2 not Dirt 2 sorry.

Since Steam codes are just shot through the roof is it still possible to activate a Dirt 2 Games for Windows Live Key? They are still available for ~12 bucks. And it is possible how? Xbox App or are they also able to be activated with steam since you could activate disc games in the past in steam with the CD code?

Since Steam codes are just shot through the roof is it still possible to activate a Dirt 2 Games for Windows Live Key? They are still available for ~12 bucks. And it is possible how? Xbox App or are they also able to be activated with steam since you could activate disc games in the past in steam with the CD code?
I dug in a little and apparently you'd need to launch a GFWL then you'll be prompted for a GFWL key, so it seems like you need the executable for the GFWL version of the game first. It's not like a Steam where redeeming a key adds that game permanently to your account and you can install and reinstall whenever.

Honestly I'd seek other methods.

i play it regularly...we have quite a bit of a community with nearly 500 members and some 1400 drivers spread across our regular, special, daily and one-shot clubs :-)

Back