Who wants a GTA IV Remastered version (PS4, XBOX 1)

• Thread starter nickf1gr
  • 21 comments

Do you want to get back in Liberty City?

• YES

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • NO

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • NEW GAME

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Greece
Athens
Nickf1gr
I was wondering if i am the only guy who wants to get back to Liberty City. Who else want to get back there?
gtaiv-liberty-city.jpg

Nah, I really want Vice City done in the current day with lots of Miami realistically recreated.

ok i will try it!!!!
If you have a PS3 or Xbox 360, you should get it for them instead. The PC port will run horribly unless you have a top-of-the line gaming machine and even then you should be prepared for trouble.

And run it at 15fps at lowest graphics with a GTX1080 because Rockstar doesn't give one about their PC ports.
Or it can run a pretty consistent 60 fps with occasional dips with a 770M (which is really about the same as a 650 TI) and 4700MQ with everything but draw distance and AA maxed. Because that is how it actually runs on decent computers of recent vintage, because it's not 2009 anymore. Especially not after the recent patch Rockstar put out that made it so you didn't have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get the game to actually recognize your hardware; and which also seemed to finally chase down that memory leak.

If you have a PS3 or Xbox 360, you should get it for them instead.
If someone has got a computer from the past few years with at least a mid-range GPU and CPU, that person absolutely should not, since those versions will look worse and run worse. The PC port was pretty terrible and unstable on period hardware, but the PS3 and 360 versions were not amazing looking or performing games themselves, and you never had to max out any of the options to make GTA IV look better than the console versions.

And that's even before you start fiddling with things like the in-game shaders so the entire game doesn't look like the inside of a gym sock, which don't impart any performance hit and are extremely simple to do. Which, when all is said and done, there's your GTA IV Remastered.

Last edited:
Or it can run a pretty consistent 60 fps with occasional dips with a 770M (which is really about the same as a 650 TI) and 4700MQ with everything but draw distance and AA maxed. Because that is how it actually runs on decent computers of recent vintage, because it's not 2009 anymore. Especially not after the recent patch Rockstar put out that made it so you didn't have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get the game to actually recognize your hardware; and which also seemed to finally chase down that memory leak.

If someone has got a computer from the past few years with at least a mid-range GPU and CPU, that person absolutely should not, since those versions will look worse and run worse. The PC port was pretty terrible and unstable on period hardware, but the PS3 and 360 versions were not amazing looking or performing games themselves, and you never had to max out any of the options to make GTA IV look better than the console versions.

And that's even before you start fiddling with things like the in-game shaders so the entire game doesn't look like the inside of a gym sock, which don't impart any performance hit and are extremely simple to do. Which, when all is said and done, there's your GTA IV Remastered.

Ι have a PS4 and i would like to see backwards compability to get it again... but as i read it will not happens....

Yes and no. I want it with improved performance/playability/graphics, but it would need to retain a lot of it's quirks, entertaining glitches (See: swingset glitch), and the entire music selection. If too many things were left out, the game wouldn't feel right. Also, I think Rockstar need to worry about the future of their games instead of re-releasing old ones right now.

It looks lovely on PC but the framerate and frame pacing especially is all over the shop. I wonder actually if the XB1X has backward compatibility... To Digital Foundry!

EDIT: Same issues as the PC version.

Yeah the framerate is crazy. However, love the radio stations and the story has more meaning. Especially interacting with more characters. Can't wait to finish this and get to BOGT.

Back