Who's Canal Plus and why is my video blocked on YouTube?

marvthegamer

Premium
United States
Los Angeles, CA
marvinthepianist
I've had two of my videos blocked worldwide by them due to "copyright". I know at least two other people who have had videos blocked. Anyone else having problems with them and know who they are? Posting this in the GT Sport forum because all 4 videos I know of have been of GT Sport

Same here!

What are they thinking?

Both of my names with this title are blocked:

"Audi R8 R tronic '07 - One Make | Daily Race B - Dragon Trail Seaside | GT Sport"

If they bought rights to express name of Audi, Dragon Trail is not theirs at all!

GTPlanet should write about it...

Possible advertising on a racetrack billboard? Or is dragon trail possibly a blatant copy of a real track? First 2 things I could think of. Another thought as I was about to post maybe the car or livery on car??

The footage it matched with was that of qualifying at Dragon Trail, so no other cars present. And I play in hood cam, so no livery issues there (no logos on hood).

But it could be possible that it's a billboard or that Dragon Trail is a copy. lol If the latter is true, Polyphony's got some explaining to do!

Read my post above, both with Audi R8 R tronic...
Maybe u have something from that?

I have a lot of Dragon Trail Seaside titles and only those two has been blocked...

And new F1 season has started, who knows what else are they started to block.

So low.

BUT, YouTube shouldn't allowed them to do that for regular videos from regular users...

Read my post above, both with Audi R8 R tronic...
Maybe u have something from that?

I have a lot of Dragon Trail Seaside titles and only those two has been blocked...

And new F1 season has started, who knows what else are they started to block.

So low.

BUT, YouTube shouldn't allowed them to do that for regular videos from regular users...

I’m not sure if the car had anything to do with it. Although the daily races that were on the video were of the Audi R8, the words “Audi R8 R Tronic” weren’t on the title, description, or tags. (I know, horrible SEO)

Are you running a custom livery on the car? Could you post a screenshot of the part of the video that it claims is copywright infringing?
Thanks

I filed a dispute, but for now the video will remain blocked. I don't know how many people it has affected, but it will be frustrating if videos keep getting blocked.

What option did you picked?

I have protested on Twitter and I'm about to start streaming lobby with Dragon Trail Seaside...

Title should be "Who's canal plus to block our GT Sport videos!?"

Update:

About ten minutes after starting stream:

Screenshot_2018-03-25-11-08-53-1.png

Last edited:
Maybe I'm clutching at straws here but by my guesstimation its probably something to do with Canal+'s Youtube Esports account, Maybe somebody they were covering happened to be in the same race as you or something, Beyond that I really couldn't say.

Here is their Youtube about me page for anyone interested, Like I say maybe what you posted conflicted with what they wanted to show and they are being all French about it and throwing a strop :sly:

Sounds like overzealous copyright monitors, or they input too broad of terms into their algorithm. Send them an email, that's complete BS. Sony should be the only company that could bring your video down if it's just unedited content straight from the game.

I've had two of my videos blocked worldwide by them due to "copyright". I know at least two other people who have had videos blocked. Anyone else having problems with them and know who they are? Posting this in the GT Sport forum because all 4 videos I know of have been of GT Sport

Does your car use a livery with something related?

Are you running a custom livery on the car? Could you post a screenshot of the part of the video that it claims is copywright infringing?
Thanks

I'm running a custom livery, but I know it's not it as there are no visible logos on the hood (I run hood cam, and footage matched is of that, not of a replay) Also was a practice/qualifying so no other cars around. It happened with an R8 and with Mercedes AMG GT3.

What option did you picked?

I have protested on Twitter and I'm about to start streaming lobby with Dragon Trail Seaside...

Title should be "Who's canal plus to block our GT Sport videos!?"

Update:

About ten minutes after starting stream:

View attachment 724682

I picked "I had license from the proper rights holder" as I think we all hold a non-exclusive license to stream gameplay footage.
Polyphony noticed that videos and streams were getting blocked because of music, so they created a broadcast mode. That to me is enough to show that Polyphony and Sony know that we are streaming and allow it or even encourage it.

Does your car use a livery with something related?
One of them does, but it doesn't show on video. Two different cars, one had a custom livery other, the R8, the paint scheme directly from brand central.

So another update, because of those copyright takedowns I am now blocked from streaming.

My God!

Try on Twitter (that I did yesterday but I'm nobody there so no moves) and send message from game as I just did - instead of status update, pick request.

I really think GTP should write about it asap.

Someone should sue Canal+ for loss of income due to this. What a ****ed up world we live in, corporations making all the laws, directly and indirectly.
wtf is that, they take your video down for no reason at all and get away with it with no consequences?
Apparently they are not even required to give a detailed description of what copyright they claim to be violated ffs.
Imagine what would happen if you even tried to take some content down on their website! ffs...

PS: just checked mine, the Dragon Trail videos are still up. Possibly they identified it as F1 track due to the Pirelli ads on Dragon Trail.

Back