Who's Canal Plus and why is my video blocked on YouTube?

Copyright claims have been withdrawn, videos are back up, and I'm allowed to stream again. I doubt that it had to do with this forum post (though really, who knows!?) but thank you guys for contributing to the conversation. I'm both glad and disappointed I wasn't the only one with problems regarding this issue. Now to see if new videos with Dragon Trail content get blocked, hopefully the don't.

It would be awesome if they would apologize, but I doubt they will. Regarding suing them - well, I make cents on the dollar for each video, super small cents, but I know there are probably people who make decent money and glad that monetization is back for them.

I'm just glad that these videos aren't blocked anymore. There's so much awesome GT sport content online and everyone has the right to share their in-game experiences and creations.

It would be awesome if they would apologize, but I doubt they will. Regarding suing them - well, I make cents on the dollar for each video, super small cents, but I know there are probably people who make decent money and glad that monetization is back for them.

Well they are the ones who started claiming that they are literally losing billions and billions because some school kid downloaded an mp3.
So who's to stop us from claiming we would have had a gazillion viewers on our channel if only they hadn't taken the video down?

GTPlanet should write about it...
I really think GTP should write about it asap.
Then it would have been a particularly good idea to let somebody on the GTPlanet writing team know about it.

As it happens, I've investigated this, found the answer, written it, contacted Youtube and Canal+ for comment (to no avail) and it should be posted before long.

Also, this amused me:
Do not make false claims. Misuse of this process may result in the suspension of your account or other legal consequences.
I wonder if Youtube will suspend Canal+...

Last edited:
Well they are the ones who started claiming that they are literally losing billions and billions because some school kid downloaded an mp3.
So who's to stop us from claiming we would have had a gazillion viewers on our channel if only they hadn't taken the video down?

That is entirely true. Any video has the possibility to go viral, generate a million subscribers, and money. It would be hard to prove that in a court because those things are unpredictable. But I see your point and unfortunately, big companies play by different rules.

Canal Plus (the TV Group) talked about the eSport European League (EEL) they are broadcasting on TV, and they show some images of Dragon Trail which can be seen here :

And I'm pretty sure it's the reason they are blocking so many videos of GT on Dragon Trail.

Note : I did that EEL league, and even my highlights of my own league has been blocked, but looking at the latests messages, it looks like it's fine now. I'll test my Dragon Trail video to be sure. I just hope it won happen again :)

Then it would have been a particularly good idea to let somebody on the GTPlanet writing team know about it.

As it happens, I've investigated this, found the answer, written it, contacted Youtube and Canal+ for comment (to no avail) and it should be posted before long.

Sorry! Didn't know the size of this issue, still kind of don't, but glad to hear you investigated. Thank you!

Canal Plus (the TV Group) talked about the eSport European League (EEL) they are broadcasting on TV, and they show some images of Dragon Trail which can be seen here :

And I'm pretty sure it's the reason they are blocking so many videos of GT on Dragon Trail.

Note : I did that EEL league, and even my highlights of my own league has been blocked, but looking at the latests messages, it looks like it's fine now. I'll test my Dragon Trail video to be sure. I just hope it won happen again :)

Not sure if I want to give them any more views. I'm scarred for life lol Nothing against you of course.
Congratulations on participating on that league event. And will be looking for your video if and once it's back up and leaving a like!

I understand @marvthegamer ;) I was shocked to see them blocking my video but hopefully, it was more copyright mistakes than something else.

Thank you! It will take time to upload again, because I've deleted it. And with my potato connection... :D

This is exactly why no one should be using ***ANY*** feature from YouTube that isn’t controlled by humans. Their algorythm has gotten so bad (and they blatantly don’t care) that the whole site is in disarray.

I cannot wait for the day when Twitch starts to add features that older YouTube had, because then everyone will instantly migrate there and YouTube can deservingly die.

I feel like this whole situation was caused by the content ID system youtube has in place just glad i didn't have to edit the video that was taken down on my channel all to remove 1 minute of footage lol

Well I am glad this seems to have been sorted as I am about to start uploading/sharing my GT Sport footage as these sorts of action are
one reason I have not shared/uploaded many videos outwith the game.

Content ID strikes again. Definately think this was bot related because I actually had one of my first GT Sport videos blocked by them back in November for copyright and all it consisted of was showing all the DLC I had and the intro. I sent them a message about this and the next day, video was back to normal.

I'm uploading again the video I did upload yesterday which has been taken down by Canal + (Dragon Trail with Gr.3). I'll report if I'm facing the same issue or not in about a hour ;)

On a side note, I didn't knew that C8 had its own stream on YouTube before reading the article. I only knew that the 1st episode has been uploaded to facebook and got about 1500 viewers in less than 24 hours.

I cannot wait for the day when Twitch starts to add features that older YouTube had, because then everyone will instantly migrate there and YouTube can deservingly die.

You do realise that there is much more to YouTube than countless people streaming games, right?

... and you are basically complaining about having been given a massive global audience, and similar content in return..for free... you could be a little less ungrateful for it.

You do realise that there is much more to YouTube than countless people streaming games, right?

... and you are basically complaining about having been given a massive global audience, and similar content in return..for free... you could be a little less ungrateful for it.
You can’t seriously be defending YouTube. Have you not seen how terrible that platform has got since like 2015? They constantly demonetize videos for the dumbest things on top YouTube channels, while simultaneously showing advertisements on videos of the same subject by someone like Jimmy Kimmel.

Not only that, but they’ve publicly stated on video that even if you’re subscribed to a channel and click the bell, you still won’t get their videos all the time because their algorythm is adjusting to the crowd that actually wants to see their videos. The problem with that is the algorythm does the opposite, and as a result, long time channels have gotten decreased traffic.

Don’t even get me started with how they’re treating certain accounts, because news accounts that do live news feeds constantly aren’t able to have their stream showed even after the problem was brought up numerous times. Meanwhile, Logan Paul still has an account even after his multiple clear infractions of the TOS on multiple videos.

Last edited:
You can’t seriously be defending YouTube.

Yeah, I can.

If you've got a problem with, don't use it. It really is as simple as that, there's plenty of other streaming solutions out there... you might just have to pay more to set it up... which I'm guessing you're not prepared to do.

Jesus, I don't mean to be rude, and I'm not trying to say this in a patronising fashion, but how old are you? If I'm doing you an injustice, I apologise in advance (I might just be in a bad mood)... I'm asking because I suspect you are young, you don't have a comprehension of a world without YouTube, and you don't really have a concept of value, or paying for it.

FWIW, I signed up to patreon to ensure that I could donate directly to quality content providers if I see fit.

All that is a bit funny when you know that the guy out took over Canal + (Vinent Bolloré, at the head of Vivendi) a few years ago (and just give up on aggressively buying Ubisoft recently), decided a few month ago to stop paying the legal royalties to authors of his own programs - because he don't see the point of that.

Side note: Their youtube video audience doesn't mean anything, they broadcast their program on air, cable, satellite and apps.

Yeah, I can.

If you've got a problem with, don't use it. It really is as simple as that, there's plenty of other streaming solutions out there... you might just have to pay more to set it up... which I'm guessing you're not prepared to do.

Jesus, I don't mean to be rude, and I'm not trying to say this in a patronising fashion, but how old are you? If I'm doing you an injustice, I apologise in advance (I might just be in a bad mood)... I'm asking because I suspect you are young, you don't have a comprehension of a world without YouTube, and you don't really have a concept of value, or paying for it.

FWIW, I signed up to patreon to ensure that I could donate directly to quality content providers if I see fit.
I would gladly switch to Twitch in a heartbeat if they did video uploads similar to YouTube, instead of just clips from streams. That’s the route currently being followed.

What difference does my age make? If it means anything, I pay for my own stuff. I’ve been on YouTube since late 2006, and I’ve watched it grow from an incredible platform to possibly the best website to spend my time in, and has slowly, over that last couple of years, degraded to a pile of junk thanks to their poor management. I have multiple reasons to be furious with them that I would love fixed, so don’t try to imply I simply don’t care about them.

Some well-respected YouTubers had to create a Patreon in case their makings had a bit of a fallout. They shouldn’t have had to, but that’s the situation we’re in. There’s a reason people on twitter keep replying to YouTube with the yellow dollar coin.

Someone should sue Canal+ for loss of income due to this. What a ****ed up world we live in, corporations making all the laws, directly and indirectly.
wtf is that, they take your video down for no reason at all and get away with it with no consequences?
Apparently they are not even required to give a detailed description of what copyright they claim to be violated ffs.
Imagine what would happen if you even tried to take some content down on their website! ffs...

PS: just checked mine, the Dragon Trail videos are still up. Possibly they identified it as F1 track due to the Pirelli ads on Dragon Trail.

I think you may have hit the nail squarely on the head when you mentioned corporate malfeasance and pettifogging, in the modern world companies have more power than countries and citizens who have human rights but none of the balancing that comes with negative and illegal behaviour. I'll leave it at that or I'll start going on....

There is no burden of proof necessary simply crying wolf is sufficient...what a sad state of affairs ...all for what - income , viewers? What goes through peoples minds in these companies? Its sociopathic. :confused::dunce::banghead:

Copyright claims have been withdrawn, videos are back up, and I'm allowed to stream again. I doubt that it had to do with this forum post (though really, who knows!?) but thank you guys for contributing to the conversation. I'm both glad and disappointed I wasn't the only one with problems regarding this issue. Now to see if new videos with Dragon Trail content get blocked, hopefully the don't.

I'm just glad that these videos aren't blocked anymore. There's so much awesome GT sport content online and everyone has the right to share their in-game experiences and creations.

If only lol , companies/governments don't apologise it's admitting they did something wrong they get scared that might leave them open to lawsuits ...welcome to the circlejerk of life :bowdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
I swear...YT has been taken over by Communists.
images

In the end, the "Copyrightgate" will be more remembered than the attempt to pass Gran Turismo as an eSports competition on TV :rolleyes:

Back