Why 99.9% of all players won´t gold the Nordschleife Circuit Experience!

• Thread starter zocker_16
  • 580 comments
Zocker16_GTRP
Ok the thread title is a bit controversial but I´ll explain why I say this.:cheers:

I am an experienced Gran Turismo driver with about 20 years in the series. I was successful in many competitions during this time and made it twice to the GT Academy Final in Silverstone. I´m able to do Top 100 lap times in GT Sport and I did thousands of laps around the Nordschleife.
This is my most favourite track and I would consider my times very good there. I´m always within a range of 4-8 seconds to the world records depending on car and class.
So I went for the Nordschleife Circuit Experience and expected a one try gold. This wasn't the case and it took me several attempts to beat the gold time of 6:37.800 only by a tenth. The same challenge in GT Sport has a gold time of 6.57.900 so over 20 seconds more, while the car physics in GT7 seem to be about 5 seconds slower per lap.
So I did more laps and tried the best I could do and got a 6:34.090. Of course this lap wasn't perfect and there will be aliens doing sub 6:30 but I guess no average player will ever get close to the gold time.
From the result of past events and daily races on the Nordschleife I guess there are only a few thousand players around the world who could beat this gold time. If we assume GT7 will sell several million copies this are less than 0,1% of all players.

There's several reasons, not just because it's hard.

Most won't ever bother with it, for starters. It's also not necessary at any point in the game - not even to get the Platinum, even if you care about Platinum.
Yeah it´s not necessary but interesting they changed this gold time by 20 seconds.
Also the sectors had some pretty strict gold times. I guess PD wanted to challenge us players with that while it should have been available for all enthusiastic average drivers in the games before. 👍

Yeah it´s not necessary but interesting they changed this gold time by 20 seconds.
Also the sectors had some pretty strict gold times. I guess PD wanted to challenge us players with that while it should have been available for all enthusiastic average drivers in the games before. 👍
You don’t remember people crying in GTS that gold was to easy to achieve… Kaz “ Say less”

I failed to gold it in GTS (only golded all sectors) so I think I won't be able to in GT7 and I have wayyyyyy less practice than OP on that track. I am happy when I can do a lap without visiting Barry R or putting tyres on the grass...

On the World Touring Car 700 I did it with the Tom's Supra from the pre-order (tuned down to <700 PP) and I laped in 7min52 if my memory is good, finishing just before 2nd

I notice that all the real-life tracks have stricter times, much more so than their original tracks. It makes me wonder how they determine their times.

Of the few that I've tried so far, Brands Hatch and Suzuka were especially dificult. I could tell Tsukuba times were tight, but I was able to brute force it out of the hairpins with the 4wd, so it wasn't bad. But the original circuits were laughably easy.

This extends to the licenses too. Tests on real tracks always take a bit more time and effort.

I've no issue with it being hard, hard to gold is good. What I don't get is why they used the same cars from GTS for most of these. Do they think people aren't playing both games, or have amnesia? Why not challenge us with a different experience of the circuits, make it a little bit fresher instead of delivering the exact same thing as GTS, only harder?

Or maybe they just don't expect or want experienced players to do these at all, they're for new players only.

It took many hours and vociferous profanity before I finally managed to nail a gold time on Nordschleife in GTS with something like 2 seconds to spare. You're telling me I'm going to have to find at least 18 more seconds for GT7? "Yikes" would be my polite forum-friendly response.

Tuning a Porsche 911 997 with sport softs, LSD and adjustable suspension, I did 14 laps of which only two were clean. I managed a 7:41:something, the second clean lap, and was shaky when I quit. I dread even looking at the Experience.

Kaz, your GT7 physics... I want a patch. Soon. :P

I think it's due to a few things...

1) PD called on a lot of the GT Championship racers for input, this likely includes having them set lap-times for benchmarking, allowing PD to tweak the times slightly. As we know, those racers are the top flight racers, so those benchmark times are already faster than most of us could achieve.

2) The game isn't intended to be "finished", meaning PD don't think you should be able to gold everything within the first 2 weeks of release. Driving takes skill, and it's skill that you have to learn. Most of us will be playing this game for years, gradually improving our skills as we go. There should be something to work towards, if that is improving enough to gold the green hell, then that is the goal.

As for what PD may do, they may see the average racer times are substantially slower than expected and reduce the requirements, or they may just leave it as the one thing that people have to push hard to achieve and only a small percentage of racers complete.

Last edited:
This is tough! I just got a 6:34.4 and this my BEST track 😂😂 I was holding on for dear life and absolutely sending it. It'll take me another 10 tries to get under, one wrong move and I'm a dead man in the GT3. How're people supposed to get this without spending hundreds of hours on the Ring?

I'm on the controller for reference, idk if it makes a difference at this point

Last edited:
Just had a first try at the full lap and got 6:49
I'm kinda ok with that for now, I know I can improve on some parts of the track.

I’m yeah, if Zocker is having trouble than I know it’s not just me. Traditionally the sectors are strict and the full lap has some wiggle room. This isn’t the case. Granted I rarely drive here, being 10 seconds back will be tough to overcome.

I recall doing the gts one on the first try years ago and I was super nervous expecting it to be as hard as this gt7 one. Maybe we are on the wrong tires?

Jerome

Well if there ever was to be an ultimate driving challenge it would certainly be related to Nordschleife. I’m looking forward to the challenge but seeing how much problem I had with some other circuit experiences I fullt expect to wing it. xD

I'll never get gold because I don't know the track. The circuit map is useless because the resolution is too low and I'm not prepared to waste months of my life learning a track I'm not interested in. HTH

I'm about as experienced at this track as Zocker and about as fast in qualifying times. Last daily race qualy here I am near the top 50 in my region which adjusted to take into account alt accounts is probably top 50. In a previous daily here I was even faster. And I'll tell you this....

I'm beginning to see what the complaints about handling are about. This BMW feels absolutely horrible on throttle in mid 3rd gear. I had to use TC on 1 to eventually set a 6.35 after 3 full laps and a few restarts. Calster meanwhile is on a 6.27 or something. I'm usually not more than 4 secs off Calster here so if I can find another couple of seconds I'll feel ok. But what's strange is that after not too much effort I'm equal with him at Bathurst in the 650S and Interlagos in the GTR, which are on RM tyres compared to the RH on the M6.

I do the full lap first then the sectors, struggling on the 1srlt sector which brought me here to check it wasn't just me struggling.

Last edited:
Tidgney did it on one one of the streams he did live on YT, I believe it took him less than 45 minutes to do all sectors and lap...

Back