Why Am I Not Being Bombarded With GT7 Ads Online??

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 28 comments

Pigems

Premium
Canada
Canada
We are now just over a month away from the release of GT7, and with modern targeted advertising in full swing, why am I not being completely bombarded with GT7 ads every time I open something that connected to the internet? Is Sony just flat out dropping the ball here, or is it a sign that they don’t think GT7 is worth dumping money into advertising for, since they had to dumb it down to work on the PS4? It’s very odd, either way, to be this close to release, and not seeing ANY ads for GT7?

Is anyone else seeing GT7 advertising anywhere? Other than YT’ers posting videos?

As i read Marketing is ordered get ramped out to the potential leaked media event.
So wait one more week what happen.

Last edited:
We are now just over a month away from the release of GT7, and with modern targeted advertising in full swing, why am I not being completely bombarded with GT7 ads every time I open something that connected to the internet? Is Sony just flat out dropping the ball here, or is it a sign that they don’t think GT7 is worth dumping money into advertising for, since they had to dumb it down to work on the PS4? It’s very odd, either way, to be this close to release, and not seeing ANY ads for GT7?

Is anyone else seeing GT7 advertising anywhere? Other than YT’ers posting videos?
Horizon Fallopian Tube is the next PS Studios game to launch. After that, expect to have Sony tattoo the GT7 logo on the insides of your eyelids.

Horizon Fallopian Tube is the next PS Studios game to launch. After that, expect to have Sony tattoo the GT7 logo on the insides of your eyelids.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated as always. It’s weird that they don’t advertise more than one game at a time though, isn’t it? You’d think they’d want as much hype as possible going into a launch of a game that’s already been delayed. 🤔

I do wonder if anyone are asleep(so many people say they are away from their PlayStation, on vacation or they don't watch the news, etc), will they jump in GT Sport and see notifications that GT7 is available?

I think the only way to see GT7 info, is to access GT Sport and click on the GTS product icon and then, enter the Gran Turismo site. Just thinking if players were to check Daily Races and Championship events, they'd be directed to the new game.

Horizon Fallopian Tube is the next PS Studios game to launch. After that, expect to have Sony tattoo the GT7 logo on the insides of your eyelids

Thanks for the info, much appreciated as always. It’s weird that they don’t advertise more than one game at a time though, isn’t it? You’d think they’d want as much hype as possible going into a launch of a game that’s already been delayed. 🤔
I think it's more a case of Sony having more confidence in one game vs. the other.

Horizon and GT have the same sales figures on the PS4. But Horizon was a brand new IP, while GT franchise is synonymous with Sony. PS4 era will probably be remembered for HZD more than GT Sport (unlike PS1 and 2 where every conversation around those consoles has GT in there)

After the No Man Sky fiasco (where Sony caught flak for hyping a broken game), I'm sure they would have changed their marketing strategy (and reinforced by recent games which have "overpromised and underdelivered"). They may have seen both games and have decided to hype up Horizon Forbidden West more based on their "perceived quality of both games" (not saying they're right, just what their sentiment may be). They've most likely seen was GT7 is, and aren't willing to hype it up too far beyond their core audience.

This doesn't mean I'm saying GT7 is going to be a bad game. It could simply mean they aren't willing to hype it up so that people are let down.

I think it's more a case of Sony having more confidence in one game vs. the other.
It's repeatedly shown in the PS5 era that it promotes games sequentially by launch date. It was the launch titles first, then Returnal, HFW is next, GT7 is after that.
After the No Man Sky fiasco (where Sony caught flak for hyping a broken game)
That's not even a Sony/PlayStation Studios game. Hello Games developed and published the title, but partnered with Sony for marketing. Sony played no role in development, and Hello underdelivered (by a long way) and kind of pantsed Sony in the process.

We're talking about Sony promoting PlayStation Studios titles here, and it is clearly focusing on the next title to launch every time.

i feel like i've seen like half the game already,
That's certainly some hyperbole there. Forbidden West is almost certainly bigger than what the marketing is showing so far, just like with Zero Dawn.

Anyway, yeah, I agree with the "sequential marketing" thing and that nothing else is the reason for the lack of ads.

Anyway, yeah, I agree with the "sequential marketing" thing and that nothing else is the reason for the lack of ads.
Absolutly, case in point: The Last Of Us 2 and Ghost Of Tsushima. Sony likes to focus on one game at the time to do their big push.

After Horizon we're gonna get a lot of GT7 news I would assume.

Last edited:
The Horizon Forbidden West advertising isn't big at all. I honestly dont even know what it's about. The only reason I know it exists is from its mentions here and seeing it on the playstation store as a presale title.

The Horizon Forbidden West advertising isn't big at all. I honestly dont even know what it's about. The only reason I know it exists is from its mentions here and seeing it on the playstation store as a presale title.

Then you just haven't been paying attention. They have released a lot of videos about this year's GOTY.

Yeah, I just think about Forza when I see this Horizon game pop up. I’ve seen those videos posted on the PlayStation YouTube channel , but only when I’m looking for GT7 videos. :lol:

I disagree, i feel like i've seen like half the game already, every couple of weeks there's a new trailer or teaser for it.
I don’t, there are still many unanswered questions, many. Will FIA races be back, if not what will replace it?, what will the dailies look like, what will the pen system be, what will WT’s look like, driver swaps, bigger grids, more lobby options(one make, forced tunes for special events), custom bop in lobbies? So many things not answered. All they have showed us is a couple new cars/tracks, and dynamic weather that’s gonna melt PS4’s.

Last edited:
I just think Sony is playing it really smart. Gt Sport is still quite populated so the Core Base is still actively playing it.
They (We) know the release date, so we are not their main focus.
I strongly believe that they‘ll focus on advertising GT7 just a few Days before it’s release.
That Way, the Hype will kick in strong and heavy and People will probably rush out and burn down the Stores to get their new Baby first Hand.

I don’t, there are still many unanswered questions, many. Will FIA races be back, if not what will replace it?, what will the dailies look like, what will the pen system be, what will WT’s look like, driver swaps, bigger grids, more lobby options(one make, forced tunes for special events), custom bop in lobbies? So many things not answered. All they have showed us is a couple new cars/tracks, and dynamic weather that’s gonna melt PS4’s.
I was talking about Horizon on that post. I guess i've worded it wrong

In a world where Tik Tok exists its a waste of marketing money to assume anyone has an attention span greater than a gnat.
I’d have thought that at least most of GT’s core players are probably a little above that age bracket, but what do I know? lol

Last edited:
Also it's a pretty busy month for car games. GRID Legends and ACC for PS5. Just today, Circuit Superstars released on PS4. If all of these were full on in-your-face advertising, it'd be ... I don't know, too much?

I'd imagine GT7 ad dollars targeting me would be an utter waste. If I'm not seeing GT7 ads, it's money well spent, or saved, by Sony,

It's just Gran Turismo. Did you really think you should be seeing it plastered everywhere? That's kind of silly.
It's one game with in one genre of games and some would easily argue it's not even the best at what it does in that genre anymore.

Back