Why am I racing alone in Daily Races?

• Thread starter yogurtspy
  • 14 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Four times in the last two days I've been racing alone in Daily Race A. I've done four other races where there were other players. There is a full lobby during match making, but only me after the track loads, and I start the race in pole position with nobody else on the track at all, so I end up getting pole position, fastest lap and a race win - but it's zero fun.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers.

It is very bizarre. I've only been playing the account for two days from scratch, as I wanted to start again after not playing for over a year. :)

It is very bizarre. I've only been playing the account for two days from scratch, as I wanted to start again after not playing for over a year. :)

There's a bug where you lose sync with the race and the rest of the cars drive off course. You're still being timed, and your position will be ranked based on your overall race time.

Maybe it's a related bug.

Four times in the last two days I've been racing alone in Daily Race A. I've done four other races where there were other players. There is a full lobby during match making, but only me after the track loads, and I start the race in pole position with nobody else on the track at all, so I end up getting pole position, fastest lap and a race win - but it's zero fun.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers.

Game is bugged sometimes. The other players probably see you and are cursing your dirty moves. They dont know you cant see them. :lol:

But, do you get any DR points?? If you haven't overtaken anyone or improved position, what's the points haul??

what is your network connection? is it NAT Type 2? I believe that is what it should be and if it is not, that could be the issue. router settings with port forwarding or DMZ settings etc maybe? i am just throwing **** out there, not sure if it even is a network issue but my first thoughts went there. good luck

what is your network connection?
First thing I'd be doing is looking straight at your network. Try the sport mode "select race" screen network connection test and see how it rates you.

There was a bug doing what you describe but that was fixed a long long time ago, although it is possible it could be a new one from the latest update.
I doubt that though because we'd most likely have seen reports of it here already.

It would seem to be a network related issue, but more information is needed.

So, it's a new account.
Did/Do you have these issues with your other account?
Is your new account set to the same region as your other account?
Is your network setup/ISP/equipment/location different from when you raced over a year ago?
Do you have other problems with the game, or other online games?

Very few people report this issue so it points to a local problem with your PS4/game data/network settings.

I'm going to try a few races with my main account when I get chance today, and I'll do an in-game network connection test as well.

Other than that, I know it's NAT Type 2. Account is same region, no network hardware/location differences, and no problems with any other games as far as I know.

Have you tried clearing the network cache in the main menu settings? Might not do anything but it's worth a shot.

Back