why are there so few Nordschleife races?!?!

• Thread starter Pizzapants
  • 19 comments
United States
United States
There's like 5 Nurburgring races, BUT 3 of them are the GT Pro track (which I don't enjoy), and the other 2 are Porsche races in crappy weather. I remember a TON of races taking place on the good ol' Nordschleife -- which is my favorite track of all time -- in all previous Gran Turismos in which it appeared. It seemed to come up all the time. And I loved it.

In this game there are practically none. What is the deal?

I mean sure I could create a custom race for no reward (and less control over my opponents than in all previous games) but everyone knows the custom race options in this game are sloppy dog poo and a total waste of time reward-wise.

Last edited:
As an aside, I think I’m one of the few that really doesn’t enjoy the Nordschleife. I happened to be doing the championship race of the original final menu (just before the credits roll), and the servers went offline for their maintenance window with about 30 seconds of my final lap remaining.

Of course, nothing saved, and I had to do the race again.

There are way too few events for the vast majority of circuits. Except perhaps Tokyo…

PD's "universal" rule:

Every thing likes to players MUST be removed or reduced (nerfed/alienated/ruined) in the following game edition!

IR

I know .. I'm exaggerating .. a little bit...

Last edited:
Well maybe it's such a long track that PD thinks that we'll get frustrated and rage-quit for losing the race so many times. I'm actually a pro on the track so I'd like to see more races in the Nurburgring areas.

And every time I fire up Assetto Corsa I think to myself, "boy, these guys REALLY like Nordschleife." But yes, I could spend hours happily driving the 'Ring in all sorts of cars, in various lighting conditions. I can't remember which GT it was in, but I used to love driving around that huge Complex track as an alternative to Nurburgring. The late afternoon lighting was perfect.

Totally agree. The Ring > All.
Needs more stuff but of course custom races do solve the issue somewhat. The problem is the difficulty level. Even on hard, it's almost impossible to not come first with a crash-less run. I guess maybe turning the power down might make it more of a race. Need to try some stuff. I do like racing cars at high performance settings

Last edited:
why? well, they want high-playing users to spend money in-game. this course is actually the perfect illustration - they did all the hard work with weather and time changes. if the game was choosing race/payouts based on what users actually want, they could've at the minimum made 1 of the 2 existing races longer.

up until the 24h Nurburgring race, i figured they would release a 30 or 60 minute race there along the lines of spa/le mans.

instead, they released 9 races (i think) that offer little to no replay value. the game is always online, data is collected, they had 9 chances to pick something they know people drive. heck, i'm sure i'm not the only one who occasionally runs the two races they do have (one porsche, one german only.... what great variation!!!). they specifically chose not to include a high-paying nordschleife race.

its almost hard to accept, because they're doing such a horrible job implementing the microtransactions. on one hand they are ensuring (for now) that the game isn't pay-to-win. the people who 'lose' are the people who have played the game to the point of it "costing" a dollar per hour - they didn't plan on so many finishing their 'collection' three months in, so they're unlikely to give more help now. however, they are still operating like an annual sports title trying to hit their mtx goals by not creating races that pay well. not to mention - barely updating the game and focusing instead on ways to maximize revenues. Take Two's CEO can show you the future of gaming - i'm almost glad i played nba 2k last year, its a lot easier to realize whats happening here.

Last edited:
why? well, they want high-playing users to spend money in-game. this course is actually the perfect illustration - they did all the hard work with weather and time changes. if the game was choosing race/payouts based on what users actually want, they could've at the minimum made 1 of the 2 existing races longer.

up until the 24h Nurburgring race, i figured they would release a 30 or 60 minute race there along the lines of spa/le mans.

instead, they released 9 races (i think) that offer little to no replay value. the game is always online, data is collected, they had 9 chances to pick something they know people drive. heck, i'm sure i'm not the only one who occasionally runs the two races they do have (one porsche, one german only.... what great variation!!!). they specifically chose not to include a high-paying nordschleife race.

its almost hard to accept, because they're doing such a horrible job implementing the microtransactions. on one hand they are ensuring (for now) that the game isn't pay-to-win. the people who 'lose' are the people who have played the game to the point of it "costing" a dollar per hour - they didn't plan on so many finishing their 'collection' three months in, so they're unlikely to give more help now. however, they are still operating like an annual sports title trying to hit their mtx goals by not creating races that pay well. not to mention - barely updating the game and focusing instead on ways to maximize revenues. Take Two's CEO can show you the future of gaming - i'm almost glad i played nba 2k last year, its a lot easier to realize whats happening here.
Just wait until they start going Gatcha and give you a daily energy limit on races like 100 energy a day but each race cost 20 to run, far fetched as it may be I don't put anything past them right now with the state of game. Which is sad because GT is what got me into Sim Racing.

Just wait until they start going Gatcha and give you a daily energy limit on races like 100 energy a day but each race cost 20 to run, far fetched as it may be I don't put anything past them right now with the state of game. Which is sad because GT is what got me into Sim Racing.
Something like that could certainly happen in GT8 if it went free to play.

Back