Why can't I drift with a T500RS wheel?

• Thread starter Lambob
  • 7 comments
Canada
Montreal, Canada
NobleAtreides
it seems that the few attempts at blind tuning, or stock, CM or CH tyres, the cars initiate drift on scandinavian flick, and hold the angle, but for some reason, the cars just mindlessly ALWAYS continue to overrotate, on modulated, or off, or full throttle. thus wiping out all points,

and this happens on various chosen cars! tried all sorts of settings, the cars just always point too much in opposite direction, whether the entry speed is low, med , maintained mid drift. what ever happened to that sensation that a car can be steered sensibly back on course or on line? this game just purely lacks that department. thus, not a fan of drift in this game. I just want the paint chips or cheap gold really.

I see this video of a DS3 user, seemingly pointing the car wherever it wants to go!

I couldn't do half an apex like that with the wheel.

i have the same problem with a driving force gt. when i star a drift i spin out because of the forcefeedback and my force is just on 1 !

most likely when i spin out in a corner but if i make it through the corner the car just spins out the the direction where my wheel is pointed to.

i dont like it to say but drifting with a controller is way easyer and cooler. since then i made 15k on suzuka east with controller now 2K with 10000 spin outs

If you just want paint chips, use the controller and save yourself the hassle.

If you actually want to learn how to drift just keep practicing, because you will not get it over night unless you have the concept grasped already.

(450* G27)
Just messing around with the nissan s13 doing 360´s and stuff:)
the replay took about 20 minutes to make :)
Tell me what you think! :D

I'm quite sure there are several threads/posts regarding T500 issues on GT6, particular after the last updates. I don't own one but I've come across these issues being discussed.
Here's the link on one of them, started by my friend Kaelsberg AKA PSN:B-Jorgensen who's a very experient player/drifter and has been having a lot of issues lately, to the point that (i think) he's given up on GT6 for a while now and was last seen burning rubber on Asseto Corsa (if I'm not mistaken). I also know at least one more experienced drifter thats has quited drifiting on T500 now and is back to the DS3 (MCR-Gio), so I'm guessing it's not just you, @NobleAtreides. Here's the link to that discussion thread, and...G'luck, seems you'll need it :)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/t500-rs-1-09-update-discussion.311613/#post-9785475

Latest Posts

Back