Why can't I preorder Project CARS Limited Edition in the United States?

for the 10th time we don't know. please don't bother asking again

How about you pick someone else to be an asshole to, boy? I was merely asking a question. Also the first letter of the first word of a sentence is supposed to capitalized.

How about you pick someone else to be an asshole to, boy? I was merely asking a question.
its been asked a many times already just go through the main discussion thread. and gtp wmd member has asked a dev. so next time please search a little before asking one of the most frequently asked questions.
i just simply searched limited edition us and this was result plenty of people have already asked.
upload_2014-10-3_20-19-34.png

I guess the delay will give the distributors the chance to sort out the limited edition situation in the US and other places.
I highly doubt they will change the availability so just order from the uk.

I highly doubt they will change the availability so just order from the uk.
Should the whole PAL, NTSC, etc garbage be removed so that none of these exclusive things for a region and region locks don't happen? If they were, there would be no problems at all.

Perhaps it might be worth some UK chums ordering and then posting to you. Although I'm sure I read it was only two copies per customer somewhere when I ordered mine so they could only do it for one member.

Perhaps it might be worth some UK chums ordering and then posting to you. Although I'm sure I read it was only two copies per customer somewhere when I ordered mine so they could only do it for one member.
The problem is DLC compatibility.

Ahh, I didn't know that. I would've thought one DLC was just like another. So basically nobody should order from the UK if they live in the US. That's pretty sad if you really want the LE version :(
Hopefully by March there'll be a special US LE with US cars ;)

^ It must be said that we don't know about that yet. On the WMD forum, several US residents have ordered the LE from Europe, and we've heard no warning about DLC compatibility (or not) there. I'm still trying to find out at WMD, so that we can get a red or green light for cross continent LE customers.

Last edited:
Right I may have kind of a answer though the process is long winded.this was suggested by a member on WMD
Apparently the ps4 is dlc locked regionally.
However if you were to buy a uk Le then create a uk account you maybe able use PayPal as a payment method.
Does this help

^ Still only anecdotal, and from one member only. The same member mentioned XB1 not using regional DLC. No word on the Steam situation yet, but maybe some GTP'ers have experience with that? Hopefully we will get to know for sure.

^ Still only anecdotal, and from one member only. The same member mentioned XB1 not using regional DLC. No word on the Steam situation yet, but maybe some GTP'ers have experience with that? Hopefully we will get to know for sure.
I know its only anecdotal but i feel it may help some.

Ahh, I didn't know that. I would've thought one DLC was just like another. So basically nobody should order from the UK if they live in the US. That's pretty sad if you really want the LE version :(
Hopefully by March there'll be a special US LE with US cars ;)

^ It must be said that we don't know about that yet. On the WMD forum, several US residents have ordered the LE from Europe, and we've heard no warning about DLC compatibility (or not) there. I'm still trying to find out at WMD, so that we can get a red or green light for cross continent LE customers.

I know Playstation Network doesnt use region locked content. As for Xbox im about 80% sure they dont use region locked content either but i could be wrong. Steam uses region locked content for some stuff and others its global, so its a hit or miss.

As far as i am aware if you are from the US and buy the game from the Uk, the DLC will be locked to that version, so if you buy the season pass, then you will have to buy the Uk season pass, as the US season pass will not work, i have bought some games in the past from the US, and the Uk DLC will not work.

As far as i am aware if you are from the US and buy the game from the Uk, the DLC will be locked to that version, so if you buy the season pass, then you will have to buy the Uk season pass, as the US season pass will not work, i have bought some games in the past from the US, and the Uk DLC will not work.

Really? Is this on the PS4 or XBox? From what I've read, I haven't noticed any DLC locking issues with the XBox...not sure about PSN.

Oops... I ordered the LTD edition (PS4) in Australia, because that was the only one available.
I'm from Belgium, will I encounter problems with DLC ?

Oops... I ordered the LTD edition (PS4) in Australia, because that was the only one available.
I'm from Belgium, will I encounter problems with DLC ?

NO, as long as the DLC, is from the same region you bought the game from, same as the Season pass, you need to buy the season pass from the region you bought the game from, i hope that makes sense.

Could be completely wrong, but I thought it didn't matter if the game and DLC/season pass are from different regions as long as the game is played while logged into the PS4 account that is tied to the PSN where the DLC came from.

Could be completely wrong, but I thought it didn't matter if the game and DLC/season pass are from different regions as long as the game is played while logged into the PS4 account that is tied to the PSN where the DLC came from.

I am not too sure to be Honest, i bought The Last of Us from the US store, and had a free code for some DLC from the Uk store, it wouldn't work ? That is what i am going on to be honest.

EDIT, i played The Last Of Us on my Uk account, as i set my US account also to primary, so you can play different region games on your own account as long as you make your other acount primary too.

Just found this, explains it better

PSN DLC has always been region locked.

DLC and add-ons must be purchased from the same region store as the region of your game.

IF you wanted to buy say an extra character for a fighting game, but own a Japanese copy. You MUST buy from the JP store.

Last edited:
Maybe this is not comparable but i'm gonna post it anyway; i had an American digital version of Grid Autosport on my PS3 and it was not compatible with the Spanish DLC i bought from the store (I live in Spain). If i remember correctly someone posted here that you had to create an American account then also on your console and that did the trick? In any case there is region locking on DLC and it will not be compatible with different digital versions.

I am not too sure to be Honest, i bought The Last of Us from the US store, and had a free code for some DLC from the Uk store, it wouldn't work ? That is what i am going on to be honest.

EDIT, i played The Last Of Us on my Uk account, as i set my US account also to primary, so you can play different region games on your own account as long as you make your other acount primary too.

Just found this, explains it better

PSN DLC has always been region locked.

DLC and add-ons must be purchased from the same region store as the region of your game.

IF you wanted to buy say an extra character for a fighting game, but own a Japanese copy. You MUST buy from the JP store.

so just for clarification....

if i purchase game from UK store, i would have to purchase every DLC from the UK store as well, but this wont effect me playing the game or using the DLC on my US account and playing here in the USA, correct?

i know the process of making account primary etc etc, did that when i purchased region locked PES soccer. Just want to make sure ill be good to go with everything with project cars if i take the UK route for it.

Last edited:
Yet another benefit to my decision to go back to the PC route rather than console. The Steam Digital preorder includes all of the bonus car sets (including LE) globally. None of this regional DLC lock garbage there.

Back