Why Costa Di Amalfi needs to make a comeback

• Thread starter Magog
  • 47 comments
United States
United States
Gr. B cars deserve tarmac rally courses in addition to the dirt ones we already have. Tight winding courses like this allow the characteristics of the cars to really shine.

(forgive the quality of the video I don't have a fancy capture card)

Cittia di Aria as well for me, purely for the views

46563887999d4e5ef30934023c783333.jpg

Totally agree with both of you...

CdA was my favorite track in GT4 for testing cars and for time trialing...and it is still one of my favorite GT tracks of all times.

If a car did well on CdA and I liked driving it there I liked the car, if ist didn't to good there, I didn't like it...an my favorite combination was fully tuned up Lotus Elan on Costa di Amalfi.- there is no other car/track combination that I played that often...

edit: Citta di Aria was nice too, but i prefered Costa die Almalfi

Last edited:
Totally agree with both of you...

CdA was my favorite track in GT4 for testing cars and for time trialing...and it is still one of my favorite GT tracks of all times.

If a car did well on CdA and I liked driving it there I liked the car, if ist didn't to good there, I didn't like it...an my favorite combination was fully tuned up Lotus Elan on Costa di Amalfi.- there is no other car/track combination that I played that often...

edit: Citta di Aria was nice too, but i prefered Costa die Almalfi
Ever try a Lancer with the AYC controller cranked to 130 like I'm driving in the video? The ridiculous amount of extra torque to the outside wheels forces the car around corners in a very satisfying way. 😌

Very much yes!

Cittia de Aria
Costa di Amalfi
SS rt. 5 and 11
Previous version of Tokyo Circuit (I mostly loathe the new Tokyo)
Grand Valley
Seattle

and

Eiger Norwand (I love this track)

It will be exciting to see what tracks come with future updates. Even if we don't get most of these I'm still happy.

Last edited:
It will be exciting to see what tracks come with future updates. Even if we don't get most of these I'm still happy.
Definitely mate, I'm hopeful they have a few more up their sleeve, they obviously know how beloved some of these are as we see with the return of Deep Forest etc. so it's not a jump to assume there are others they've been working on alongside.

Very much yes!

Cittia de Aria
Costa di Amalfi
SS rt. 5 and 11
Positano
Grand Valley

and

Eiger Norwand (I love this track)

What's Positano? Was that GT6? That's the only one I skipped.

Very much yes!

Cittia de Aria
Costa di Amalfi
SS rt. 5 and 11
Grand Valley

So many good memories on all those, especially the Special Stages and old Tokyo 💖💙

+1 to Seattle circuit

Spent some good time on Apricot Hill too, it'd be interesting to drive on that one again

So many good memories on all those, especially the Special Stages and old Tokyo 💖💙

+1 to Seattle circuit

Spent some good time on Apricot Hill too, it'd be interesting to drive on that one again

The reason the old Tokyo tracks were better I think is that they really felt like actual race tracks whereas new Tokyo feels like what it is. Bits of highway connected to each other.

GT4 was a treasure trove of tracks. There were four particular tracks that were unique to GT4 that should make a comeback, completely aside from the various classics and real tracks that were also great additions. These all had a real hardcore rally feel to them, were super difficult, unforgiving, and great fun in career mode. Obviously useless for online but that's okay, just don't use them online.

• Citti di Aria
  • Costa di Amalfi
  • Chamonix
  • Grand Canyon

The latter two always felt like real really stages to me. Can you imagine these with modern graphics?

Don't get me started on the various city courses that need to come back as well. GT4 was an absolute goldmine, it might never be matched for track quantity and quality.

I would love to see some more off road and mountain tracks like Toscana, Eiger Nordwand and Chamonix back from GT6. I miss the awesome snow races and thought we would get at least one track in GT Sport when I saw the option to add snow tires early on but it never came. :grumpy:
View attachment 1129630
I miss having snow tracks too, and the absence of snow tyres now from GT7 doesn't fill me with hope. There's a great video on Best Motoring's Youtube channel of them racing various JDM sports cars against each other in the early 90s on Tsukuba in a hefty amount of snow. Would be cool if that could be an option, though I guess the driving dynamics on snow in the game would be a whole other mess.

I miss having snow tracks too, and the absence of snow tyres now from GT7 doesn't fill me with hope. There's a great video on Best Motoring's Youtube channel of them racing various JDM sports cars against each other in the early 90s on Tsukuba in a hefty amount of snow. Would be cool if that could be an option, though I guess the driving dynamics on snow in the game would be a whole other mess.

If they bring back the old particle system then they absolutely must bring back snow. I can only imagine how crazy that would be. 😍

Back