Why Costa Di Amalfi needs to make a comeback

• Thread starter Magog
  • 47 comments
I think GT has done rallying poorly precisely because they don't have enough tracks that really encompass the challenges and thrill of stage rallying. Costa di Amalfi and Citta di Aria were favourites of mine because of that, not to mention the scenery.

GT's rally implementation has pretty much been rallycross, on some typically very wide tracks, which I guess is the most realistic way to implement rally racing with multiple cars on track, but you have all these cars in the game and don't have the ability to put them in their element. We can have both.

Why stop at CdA ?

Why not request every single track that ever existed in some shape or form in a GT game, and then add every track that is currently available on earth...

to me, that what GT7 stands for...

i will be nice and will allow them to finish complete that monumental task with GT8.

I wonder what happened to the goodwood hill climb, seems strange not to add to the game since they have the other layout in there and was previously in GT

Also i know it's from Forza, but the Fujimi Kaido tracks were some of my favourites.. either a twisty hill climb or downhill drift, but GT could use something like that to really shake up the variety of races.

they should stop doing real tracks and bring back all the old ones, you can play real tracks at every other racing game

I wonder what happened to the goodwood hill climb, seems strange not to add to the game since they have the other layout in there and was previously in GT
I'm thinking this will be on its way back in an update to GT7, along with Silverstone and possibly Indy.

Hopefully a couple of nostalgic surprises to come along with them aswell.

I loved Costa Di Amalfi and Cittia di Aria so a big +1 from me.

Gotta mention Seattle too as one of my all-time faves, 'cause, well, Seattle! :lol:
Agreed. So much fun hooning around street courses, and tight/narrow tracks like Citta di Aria. Really miss them, it seems like GT has become too online focussed (as in, making sure each track can cope with 20 cars) and have forgotten about those of us who like tighter more challenging tracks.

This online/multiplayer focus is also ruining classic tracks like Trial Mountain and Deep Forest. Cut it out PD. If every returning classic GT track is going to have such extensive extensions/changes to cope better for online racing, then just don't bother bringing them back.

Agreed. So much fun hooning around street courses, and tight/narrow tracks like Citta di Aria. Really miss them, it seems like GT has become too online focussed (as in, making sure each track can cope with 20 cars) and have forgotten about those of us who like tighter more challenging tracks.

This online/multiplayer focus is also ruining classic tracks like Trial Mountain and Deep Forest. Cut it out PD. If every returning classic GT track is going to have such extensive extensions/changes to cope better for online racing, then just don't bother bringing them back.

People keep saying that the reason these tracks aren't back is because of online racing. I'm not so sure about that. Mount panorama, Nurburgring, and the Tokyo courses are also extremely narrow. Barely room for 2 cars side by side. I think PD either aren't prioritizing them because they were only in one game or they don't know how much the fans liked them.

Back